PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else want to see the corn get clobbered by the badgers?

jaux
9/26/2011, 01:35 PM
I dislike both for stealing "Big Red" moniker but wish the worst for any deserters

badger
9/26/2011, 01:41 PM
Nah. I just like seeing undefeated major conference teams have to play each other. Knock one outta the nat'l title discussion! It's crowded enough as-is!

kevpks
9/26/2011, 01:41 PM
I want to see the Corn make it through their schedule undefeated and play us in New Orleans.

Breadburner
9/26/2011, 01:42 PM
Yes....Curb stomped.....

Mad Dog Madsen
9/26/2011, 01:45 PM
Sure.

OULenexaman
9/26/2011, 01:45 PM
I'm always up for a good corn clobbering....

flysooner9
9/26/2011, 01:53 PM
i say go Huskers, if they get clobbered it just makes the BIG12 look even softer. Plus i have more respect for the huskers then hate.

KantoSooner
9/26/2011, 02:01 PM
I want the corn to romp through the B10. Nothing against Wisco-Disco (I actually like them), but I want to see anything possible to enhance our rep.

sooneredaco
9/26/2011, 02:56 PM
I'm a whiskey fan

rekamrettuB
9/26/2011, 03:13 PM
i say go Huskers, if they get clobbered it just makes the BIG12 look even softer. Plus i have more respect for the huskers then hate.

It's a double edged sword. If they win the Big X then people say "the Big XII lost a team that could win another conference". If they lose 5 games this year they say "boy, if they made the championship game last year, how weak is the Big XII - II - I?"

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2011, 03:24 PM
wisconsin started out as 8 point favorites and it has already moved to 10...I don't see how Nebraska can hang

En_Fuego
9/26/2011, 03:27 PM
I'm going to vbet on the vcorn

badger
9/26/2011, 03:30 PM
Sorry, haven't vPosted this yet, but will in the next few days. They don't have overs/unders up for a lot of games yet so I'm waiting a few days before I finally say "eff it" and make up numbers like I did for a few last week :D

kbsooner21
9/26/2011, 03:31 PM
I'm pulling for the Corn. I don't think they'll win, but I'll be pulling for them.

the-rover
9/26/2011, 03:31 PM
creamed corn......my favorite

limey_sooner
9/26/2011, 03:40 PM
Yes, nothing would please me more than to see a gigantic badger shaped mudhole stomped in the bug eaters.

allanace16
9/26/2011, 03:54 PM
I don't think I've evaluated what I particularly want to happen, because I don't see the Bugeaters staying within 2 TDs of Wisconsin, and that's on a good day. If Martinez has a bad day throwing the ball (and it's proven to be a pretty good possibility against any defense not headed up by an orange porcupine that may or may not be a man or 40), this one could get out of hand in a hurry....

tfoolry
9/26/2011, 04:06 PM
Corn bred fed & holed.

http://style-daddy.com/Images/imagesmerch/tees/cornbreadWeb.JPG

BoulderSooner79
9/26/2011, 04:20 PM
Wisky has looked much more impressive so far, but it's all apples to oranges comparisons. I hope it's closer than I believe it will be (a Wisky romp).

BeaSooner
9/26/2011, 07:20 PM
I hope the bugeaters slaughter them. It looks good for our conference to have one of ours go in and show 'em how it's done. Plus, I have some low-key like for Nebraska. Wish they were still in our conference.

sooner59
9/26/2011, 07:22 PM
I want to see a MNC with OU and Wisconsin. But that's just me.

Sooner5030
9/26/2011, 07:23 PM
FUNL

GO Wisky

end ethonal subsidies too! FUNL

tcrb
9/26/2011, 08:43 PM
Who gives a ****....it's the big 10.

Football Jim
9/26/2011, 09:20 PM
Yes, nothing would please me more than to see a gigantic badger shaped mudhole stomped in the bug eaters.

This

hawaii 5-0
9/26/2011, 11:21 PM
I'd like for Nebraska to lose a few. Even to another Big Red, Indiana.

5-0

Sooner in Tampa
9/27/2011, 05:37 AM
**** the corn...I hope they get shut out, prison raped, and put on the bus wet!!!

DrZaius
9/27/2011, 06:04 AM
I would rather see the Nebbish rule Big10/12 *** for many years. Screw those dip****s. I will always chose the Big 8 over anyone for the rest of my life!

Okie35
9/27/2011, 07:59 AM
I don't care but I see Nebraska winning barely.

cleller
9/27/2011, 08:41 AM
If Bo stays on his meds and T-Mart stays with his life-coach, Neb will hang in there, I think. If one or the other goes over to the dark side, a collapse could follow.

badger
9/27/2011, 08:44 AM
If anyone else's seen Wisconsin's quarterback... you'd think Nebraska is going to get embarrassed on national TV in front of a hostile Madtown crowd.

I've seen Wisky. Nebraska's going to get embarrassed... even though I don't want them to :(

stoops the eternal pimp
9/27/2011, 08:48 AM
Wilson can play a great game Saturday, but he is also capable of putting up a stinker..The difference between NC State Wilson and Wisconsin Wilson is that this Wilson has some super runningbacks to take the game off of his shoulders.

Lawton4Life
9/27/2011, 08:52 AM
I think Wisconsin might just be a sleeper for the NC. Wilson is playing out of his mind.

IslandSooner
9/27/2011, 08:56 AM
GOOOOO BIIIIGGG REEEDDD............. GO BIG RED.
But, Wisky by 14...IMHO

bowfin
9/27/2011, 08:59 AM
I will always chose the Big 8 over anyone for the rest of my life!

As good a place any for my first post, but as a Cornhusker, I feel the same way. Even in the darkest days of the Barry Switzer hex over Tom Osborne, there was no hesitation as to who to root for in the Red River Shootout. Never did take to the Texans, though I rooted for the Longhorns against USC, because they were Big XII.

I would like to see Kansas come up several notches, back to where they were a few years ago, and I couldn't get mad when Iowa State beat us. They have always earned every victory they had. I hope Kansas State keeps their mojo against Texas.

I would truly like the Huskers to beat Wisconsin, but since Barry Alvarez is a Nebraska guy, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

What I don't understand is the Texas mentality being "The closer you are to us, the more we hate you." Texas seems to hate their conference mates more than other teams at large, and the two closest teams to their personna (OU on the up side and Aggies on the darker side) are reserved for special hatred. I guess that is one of the "culture" things that grated up against Nebraska being mixed up with the Texas teams. You would never see Texans getting uhm..."socially altered" (drunk) together with the foe like Switzer and Devaney did one year.

I don't think football is even fun for Texans down in Texas, it's a reenactment of the Alamo for them in every game and every stadium. "Us alone against the world" type disfunction.

Anyhow, I hated losing to the Sooners, loved when we beat them, but was always grateful to have that game to look forward to when we had the opportunity. Got awful sick of J.C. Watts and Buster Rhymes breaking a long play late in the fourth quarter. I swear that J.C. Watts guy started for you seven years in a row.

Good luck during the Red River shootout, and hope you find a conference solution that fits you soon.

tfoolry
9/27/2011, 09:16 AM
Even tricks manufactured in Corny's factory won't be enough to stop the Honey Badger as he just don't give a sh%t!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aWflREqeP0o/Sl2Y89GooSI/AAAAAAAABBc/Op3pZi2QR4s/s400/corny+photos.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2704/4096279881_8d04344d78.jpg

pphilfran
9/27/2011, 09:18 AM
I ain't got nuttin against the Huskers...but I think they are going to get their azz beat...

bowfin
9/27/2011, 09:57 AM
Let's just say most of us Huskers will be presently surprised with a win Saturday.

A completed pass is now considered a successful trick play with our offense. I think the Badgers will load the box up and make Martinez pass, which hasn't been pretty. However, we may not have seen everything NU has to offer yet, so I'm not conceding anything until we get beat. I just hope if we lose, we got beat by Wisconsin and not by ourselves, but that goes for every game.

Okie35
9/27/2011, 10:37 AM
If anyone else's seen Wisconsin's quarterback... you'd think Nebraska is going to get embarrassed on national TV in front of a hostile Madtown crowd.

I've seen Wisky. Nebraska's going to get embarrassed... even though I don't want them to :(

I think it'll be close depending on who shows up, both teams have started slow against a few mediocre teams. I think Nebraska has the better defensive players not necessarily the better defense.

stoopified
9/27/2011, 10:38 AM
Me

StaTusDiaLing
9/27/2011, 02:27 PM
Only corn I'll ever care for is from Velvet Taco (try it out while your here for OU/ut) and cracker jacks. To the plank with those shuckers - Wisconsin, seriously I guess the media needs a team to boost in that region - both teams usc

StaTusDiaLing
9/27/2011, 02:31 PM
The reason Wisc. usc's is that they never play anybody out of conference and they are never relevant at the end of the season

badger
9/27/2011, 02:32 PM
I think it'll be close depending on who shows up, both teams have started slow against a few mediocre teams. I think Nebraska has the better defensive players not necessarily the better defense.

I have no doubt Wisconsin will drop one they shouldn't later this year, sending my poor relatives back home into disarray (OK, just one in particular, heh) but it will not be this one. They play very well at home (see tOSU last year when even Arky couldn't beat em in SEC country) and this is one of those games that you definitely show up for.

StaTusDiaLing
9/27/2011, 02:32 PM
nebr. they have several suitable options with all those corn cobbs

Sooner_Tuf
9/27/2011, 05:10 PM
I won't lose any sleep one way or the other but if I had to pick one team it would be Nebraska. We shared a lot of good times with those people and they got tired of getting hosed by Texas. I want to see them as quitters but I really can't and I do wish they were still in the Big XII.

LiveLaughLove
9/27/2011, 05:24 PM
Hope the huskers slaughter Wisconson and every other Big X team.

They didn't desert in my mind. They were freaking smart and are sitting in a great conference now.

cccasooner2
9/27/2011, 05:30 PM
I've got too much blood (relatives) in WI to consider the badgers. No blood in Nebraska, so I'll go with the corn.

picasso
9/27/2011, 09:08 PM
Nick Zepp?

I hate Nebraska and Wisconsin equally.

TMcGee86
9/27/2011, 09:32 PM
I would rather see the Nebbish rule Big10/12 *** for many years. Screw those dip****s. I will always chose the Big 8 over anyone for the rest of my life!

This.

F the bigtenleven

SoonerMarkVA
10/1/2011, 09:59 PM
You definitely got your wish. lol

OhU1
10/1/2011, 10:08 PM
Nebraska traitors, enjoy your whipping. Couldn't beat OU, couldn't beat the Horns. Can't beat Wisconsin. Enjoy your trip to nowhere.

the_edge
10/1/2011, 10:16 PM
Wisconsin could very well be in the BCS championship game.

Piware
10/1/2011, 10:27 PM
I don't care but I see Nebraska winning barely.

Bugeaters are being whipped like a rented mule.

salth2o
10/1/2011, 10:34 PM
Wisky took those bugeaters to the wood shed.

lexsooner
10/1/2011, 10:50 PM
Was it Brent Muskrat love for Wisconsin and their qb? It was a bit over the top.

bowfin
10/2/2011, 12:50 AM
Enjoy your trip to nowhere.

When Nebraska decided to go, they actually did leave and ended up at their desired destination...on the first try, no less. Would have liked to have had Oklahoma riding shotgun on the trip north, but it wasn't in the cards...yet...

Anyhow, it was the worst loss since Pelini has become coach, I believe. We have a big, BIG drop off in talent and experience in our secondary from last year, and they paid for the education they got from Wisconsin. Pelini apologized on behalf of the coaching staff and team.

I found it quite odd that Taylor Martinez left the team and ran off the field by himself before shaking hands with the opposing team. We can't quite get a handle on that guy's psyche.

Anyhow, you Sooners will have plenty of people up here cheering for you next week when you play Texas.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/2/2011, 02:37 AM
...the huskers...They didn't desert in my mind. They were freaking smart and are sitting in a great conference now.heh, at 20 below. They will learn to really regret it when their tx recruits get fewer and fewer

10/2/2011, 02:39 AM
I hate Nebraska and Wisconsin equally. How could you NOT!!! (neither of those groups are Sooners!)

CrimsonRez
10/2/2011, 03:45 AM
Boomer!!!!

TMcGee86
10/2/2011, 08:22 AM
I know I said F the B1G but there was something really, really sweet about watching all three traitors get their asses beat yesterday in their shiny new conferences.

the-rover
10/2/2011, 08:29 AM
I know I said F the B1G but there was something really, really sweet about watching all three traitors get their asses beat yesterday in their shiny new conferences.

Right, you are, my friend.

SoonerMom2
10/2/2011, 09:11 AM

You nailed it! The look on Pelini's face was priceless. NE actually thought they could go in the B1G and run all over the teams and everyone would welcome them. Most of the fans I know in the B1G still don't like Penn State. They are an old stodgy conference who doesn't like change at all.

MsProudSooner
10/2/2011, 09:44 AM
Nebraska has the same problems they had last year. They have a faux quarterback who is somewhat of a punk and their defense isn't worthy of being called 'The Black Shirts'. Had they won, it would have been nice to say that last year's 2nd best Big XII team beat the Big 10's best, but I have no problem with them getting a reality check. They are better than when Callahan was there, but they have a long, long way to go before they are all the way back.

Veritas
10/2/2011, 10:18 AM
NE actually thought they could go in the B1G and run all over the teams [snipped]
There's not a Husker fan I've spoken with that thought anything like that. Yesterday's beatdown was exactly what people were expecting.

Of course it was easier to expect it than experience it.

FWIW the only people that are calling this defense the Blackshirts are media that doesn't realize that this squad hasn't earned the dark jersey yet (and probably won't).

I've said it a hundred times...you'd think I'd realize I was beating my head on a brick wall...but Nebraska's departure from the conference had nothing to do with on-field results and everything to do with the consolidation of money and power in Austin. If after this last year you don't realize this fact then my saying so the 101st time isn't going to change a thing.

10/2/2011, 06:49 PM
I've said it a hundred times...you'd think I'd realize I was beating my head on a brick wall...but Nebraska's departure from the conference had nothing to do with on-field results and everything to do with the consolidation of money and power in Austin. If after this last year you don't realize this fact then my saying so the 101st time isn't going to change a thing.You are correct that tx runs roughshod as much as it can, but your bugeaters had more than enough difficulties with playing the whorns over the years, and I sensed some frustration and desperation from St. Dr.Tom. You also left the rest of the league in a difficult and distracting situmation, FWIW.