PDA

View Full Version : If you want to learn how to tailgate go to the Grove...

Fraggle145
9/26/2011, 11:28 AM
After attending the UGA/Ole Miss game this weekend I've determined that the best tailgating in the country is in the Grove. Game starts at 11:30 is over by 3 and they lose... 6 hours later they still show no sign of being remotely close to leaving.

Just about every woman there was in a dress with at least 3 inch heels or wedges. Probably the hawtest women I've seen at any school. OU women have a long way to go to figure out that they need to be dressed up for the games.

I saw at least two tents with chandeliers and fine silver, and by 10am the next morning everything was cleaned up. Truly impressive.

Here's a good link with pics and stuff explaining what I'm talking about.
http://taylortailgates.com/2011/08/12/tailgating-at-ole-miss/

Sooner1972
9/26/2011, 11:33 AM
While I tend to find Ole Miss to be a little overtly racist, I do have to agree with you that the women there are absolutely smoking. A&M may find the competition a little overwhelming in the SEC, but they have definitely stepped up in the women and game day atmosphere department, that's for sure.

jkjsooner
9/26/2011, 11:34 AM
Looks like a nice tailgate and I do like girls in sun dresses. That being said, I see no reason we should expect our girls to dress up like them. We are not the deep south. Our girls look perfectly fine in jeans/skirts and cowboy boots (which is a trend that has apparently migrated from Texas to Ole Miss).

OUDoc
9/26/2011, 11:35 AM
While I can appreciate the final result, I think getting that dressed up to go to a football game is dumb.

BigTip
9/26/2011, 11:36 AM
Ain't college football grand!

Thanks for the link.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2011, 11:37 AM
My wife looked pretty dressy for the tailgate, but got into her comfortable digs before kickoff..I looked pretty allsome myself

Fraggle145
9/26/2011, 11:41 AM
Looks like a nice tailgate and I do like girls in sun dresses. That being said, I see no reason we should expect our girls to dress up like them. We are not the deep south. Our girls look perfectly fine in jeans/skirts and cowboy boots (which is a trend that has apparently migrated from OU & Texas to Ole Miss).

Oh it definitely has, I'm just saying when our hot girls are wearing T-shirts and jeans, I'm just like - you can do better! ITs more than a nice tailgate. It is truly unbelievable. The best way I could explain it would be to fill up the south oval with tents from 7am until way after dark, with literally inches between tailgates, but well defined roads of travel so that you can easily pass through everything. With hotties just littered everywhere. It was just awesome.

Fraggle145
9/26/2011, 11:41 AM
While I can appreciate the final result, I think getting that dressed up to go to a football game is dumb.

Not disagreeing, but I like the final result.

sooner518
9/26/2011, 11:48 AM

this. seems like a lot of trouble. and a chandelier and silver? thats just dumb.

Fraggle145
9/26/2011, 11:51 AM
this. seems like a lot of trouble. and a chandelier and silver? thats just dumb.

You are dumb.

OutlandTrophy
9/26/2011, 11:51 AM
I saw a black man in a tuxedo serving fried chicken at one of the tents when I went to the Ole Miss Alabama game back in about 1999.

Fraggle145
9/26/2011, 11:52 AM
I saw a black man in a tuxedo serving fried chicken at one of the tents when I went to the Ole Miss Alabama game back in about 1999.

I think I walked by that tent... There were more than a few tents that had men in tuxedos serving catered dishes.

rekamrettuB
9/26/2011, 11:53 AM
While I tend to find Ole Miss to be a little overtly racist,

What?!?

http://taylortailgates.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Ole_miss_19.jpg

Frozen Sooner
9/26/2011, 11:58 AM
I've heard that about the Grove. I'm moving to Memphis in August, so I'm going to try to make it to Oxford for a couple of games.