PDA

View Full Version : 10/1: vBookie oddball (week of Ball State)

badger
9/26/2011, 10:55 AM
The lot of you are breaking the vBookie with your extreme winning ways! :mad:

So, I need to make up a lot of vCash pronto with this week's oddball after last week's vPaid out the vWazzu. How was I supposed to know KSU would take Miami on the road and that the ref would overturn that final call... and HOW IN THE vHELL DID YOU ALL PREDICT IT?!?!?!?

:mad: So anyway, please have fun with this week's vBookie event. But you are going to lose vCash this week... unless of course, you vBank it all :mad:

ESPN College Gameday is in Madison for the Wisconsin/Nebby game. I am channeling my inner Lee Corso and I see no reason why he would pick Nebraska... so I vDare you to pick Husker gear.

The Big 12's non-conference matchups are A&M/Arky and OU/Ball. I am NOT giving you the chance to take vBookie to the vCleaners again, so odds will just be... 1 to 1. Yeah yeah, boo hoo, but we all know Arky and Ball aren't exactly the same unpredictableness that last week's matchups were. Both A&M are favored in opening lines, so I am pretty much forced to just make it 1 to 1. So as always, only consider the non-conference matchups when considering whether the Big 12 is undefeated or not. Of course a Big 12 team will lose when its playing another Big 12 team :P

The rankings for your vConsideration this week are here. (http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings) Remember that a "ranked" opponent is defined as a team ranked in either the AP or Coaches poll, or both. An "unranked" team is not ranked in either. I am seeing "UPSET!" written all over next week's top 25 matchups (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreboard?seasonYear=2011&seasonType=2&weekNumber=5)... so vBet at your own vRisk.

Your coaches hot seat list for the week is:

1- Miss Nutter
2- UAB's Callaway
3- Oregon State's Riley
4- UCLA's Slick Rick
5- Wazzu's Wulff
6- Cal's Tedford
7- UGA's Richt
8- Arizona's Mike Stoops (say it ain't so!)
9- Boston College's Spaziani
10- Memphis' Larry Porter

As you may tell, Coaches Hot Seat (http://www.coacheshotseat.com/) has removed New Mexico's Locksley finally. He got fired Sunday. When you vBet on this, only consider coaches that do not play other coaches on the list. No free vCash! I'm giving it out enough as-is!

I have grave vConcerns over who will be on this week's Bottom 10... so I am going to hold off on posting the odds or the option here. It will be up, but after Wednesday.

The weekly "pray for a win for Mikey and Kevin Wilson" is not good news. In fact, it's awful. Indiana hosts Penn State ripe off a North Texas loss. Arizona travels to USC ripe off a UO loss and off USC' loss to Arizona State. Poor ex-OU assistants don't really stand a chance, do they? FIFTY TO ONE ODDS! Wait... what am I saying? These are SOONER assistants to STOOPS that I'm talking about here. 100 to 1 odds that they both win!

As always, if you guard your vCash like a mother hen, you can invest it in the vBank to receive 0.5 percent interest by Sunday.

Have additional ideas for vBookie oddball? Wonder how in the hell you missed out on getting vRich like the rest of them that vBet last week on oddball? Leave a comment!

badger
9/28/2011, 12:32 PM
Your ESPN.com Bottom 10 is posted here! (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/bottom10110928/maryland-terrapins-earn-not-coveted-no-5-spot-bottom-10)

Unlike previous coveted 5-slot holders, their game is a gimme, so I'm NOT including Maryland in this week's Bottom 10 option. In addition, I know that New Mex is playing New Mex State. That game, as well as any others where poll teams play each other, does NOT count!

I am excluding Maryland because with Maryland, the odds would be about 1 to 100. Without them, I'll make it 1 to 1.

badger
9/30/2011, 09:24 AM
In honor of Pitt's home win over South Florida... I'm closing down the ranked/unranked options. All of you that chose a ranked team getting beat by an unranked one will win when this gets settled Saturday/Sunday.

Fraggle145
9/30/2011, 10:48 AM
Badger! WTF?! These used to be the best vBets because they had awesome odds! 1/10000 :mad: Booooooo!!!

badger
9/30/2011, 10:56 AM
You had up until about 9 a.m. to vAbuse vBookie because I fell asleep last night rather than set the odds so that you couldn't vBank in on my oversight.

The fact of the matter is that an unranked team has already beaten a ranked team. Would you like a Saturday-only event so you can still try for more upsets? OK, I can do that.... but NO MORE vBOOKIE ABUSE!!!!!!!! NO FREE vCASH!!!!!!!

badger
9/30/2011, 10:58 AM
Just for fraggle rock, you now have a SATURDAY ONLY ranked/unranked option. Do not think we will vPay a SATURDAY ONLY event based on what happened THURSDAY.

Thank Fraggle for the additional vOptions!
j7TTk_0XYn4

Fraggle145
9/30/2011, 01:28 PM
Nice! thanks Badj!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI

badger
10/2/2011, 12:52 AM
I was so close to settling this one...but the Bottom 10 is still up for grabs. EVERY SINGLE TEAM that would cause this one to be a vWinner has lost thus far... but Oregon State keeps the vBet alive. I mean, New Mexico State won... but it was against another Bottom 10 team so that doesn't count. Middle Tennessee won, but again, against another Bottom 10 team. Maryland won, but that was such a no-name opponent that I said specifically that one didn't count toward this.

So, with everyone else losing (and UNLV struggling against Bye), it's an Oregon State win, or a vBookie loss.

badger
10/2/2011, 10:47 AM
The rundown!

Just watch Lee Corso:
1XMJS3_TSOw

As mentioned earlier, South Florida losing to Pitt covered the ranked team falling to an unranked foe, so I closed it, but THEN, crazy Saturday also came through for late vBettors, so I will also award those who bet on the SATURDAY ONLY ranked falling option.

The Big 12 was not undefeated outside the conference (hahaha Texas A&M!)

vBank always wins.

Oregon State did NOT pull it off last night, so Bottom 10 loses across the board (if you take out those that beat each other and Maryland, which I specifically said didn't count)