PDA

View Full Version : Fire the home crowd!

achiro
9/26/2011, 09:57 AM
For those of you that were there, was the crowd loud at all? It didn't sound like they were and I noticed a bunch of empty seats in the 4th quarter.

yermom
9/26/2011, 10:01 AM
once we were up by 3 scores, i think everyone wearing Crimson just kinda relaxed

budbarrybob
9/26/2011, 10:02 AM
They were loud at times. It was just as hard for us to get up for the game as it was the players. Players didn't seem excited about the game. Neither did the fans.

jumperstop
9/26/2011, 10:04 AM
It was kinda loud in the first half. The usual crowd leaving at the end of the third cause we're winning, even though Mizzou was still in it. I hate our fans sometimes. "I just got to beat the traffic!".....stupid ****ers.

sooneredaco
9/26/2011, 10:07 AM
Wish they'd change to stupid rule about not serving beer @ college games. I assure you that would fix the mass exodus when we are in a lead problem.

saucysoonergal
9/26/2011, 10:08 AM
My section was very loud!

Boomer.....
9/26/2011, 10:35 AM
It seemed pretty loud to me. Of course there were quieter times but for the most part, I think we sounded loud.

Soonerntxs
9/26/2011, 10:42 AM
S/227 R/9 LOUD & PROUD! There are however several people around us that are just SEAT WARMERS, but thats ok too, since I've got enough SOONERGY for the entire section!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/26/2011, 10:44 AM
Wish they'd change to stupid rule about not serving beer @ college games. I assure you that would fix the mass exodus when we are in a lead problem.All I need is for some drunk *** to puke on me when we are already packed in like sardines. Pass.

StatesEye
9/26/2011, 11:00 AM
Section 227....way the heck up there! We were load most of the second and third quarters. It's very difficult to tell how load the stadium is from up there.

NormanPride
9/26/2011, 11:03 AM
We had some loud ladies behind us. They were screaming profanities and scaring the kid in front of me. :(

sperry
9/26/2011, 11:15 AM
Hard to get excited when the team plays that poorly, especially the 1st quarter.

OUDoc
9/26/2011, 11:16 AM
Seemed loud to me. The student section starting clearing out in the third quarter.

auto
9/26/2011, 11:43 AM
The Land Whales around me were satisfied to sit on their *** and squint and watch the screen.

OUstud
9/26/2011, 11:46 AM
Wish they'd change to stupid rule about not serving beer @ college games. I assure you that would fix the mass exodus when we are in a lead problem.

Even better: bring back the policy that allowed fans to leave at halftime and come back in. That's the problem a lot of the time, especially in the student section: people just want to get drunker and check out other games that are going on. Akin to changing the channel and going on a beer run when watching from home. Missouri still allows you to leave. And if the excuse is "K-State 2005", the simple solution is, don't let people in who wear backpacks.

oudivesherpa
9/26/2011, 11:57 AM
That was the worst crowd I've seen in almost 40 years of going to OU football games! I told my wife the crowd just sat on their hands. She replied that the crowd seemed loud to her. My reply, was what? What? Maybe, it's time for the hearing aide.

yankee
9/26/2011, 12:01 PM
From my vantage point in the student section, I thought it was the loudest (at times) the stadium has been since FSU last year.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/26/2011, 12:04 PM
Nothing you can ever say will ever make me want to stay thru the 4th quarter when we're up by 17 points against a team that isn't even ranked.

yermom
9/26/2011, 12:18 PM
i saw your ilk filing out with a TD lead on Baylor in 2005

suckers.

SoonerMom2
9/26/2011, 12:28 PM
Section 23 is always one of the loudest sections along with the part of Section 24 who sits on the aisle. In fact, the north end zone as a whole is pretty loud. I detest when fans leave after the 3rd quarter no matter the score. We stay until the end!

tcrb
9/26/2011, 12:35 PM
I thought the place was pretty loud after we all recovered from the two quick scores they put up on us. The 2nd quarter especially. I really didn't notice any exodus until midway through the 4th when we went back up by 3 scores.

fwsooner22
9/26/2011, 12:43 PM
Bad Crowd but that was expected from our crowd. We are spoiled. The big problem is the 7 PM start. Anybody who lives more than an hour away is home at 1 AM. That's ok every once in awhile but it slowly has become the norm. Football needs to be played in the afternoon at least every once in awhile.

MeMyself&Me
9/26/2011, 12:49 PM

To the first sentence, the Big 12 has a rule against it but there isn't a nation wide ban on alcohol at games. Mostly, it's just colleges that don't want alcohol served in a campus venue.

The second sentence, I tend to agree to some extent. Some of it is 'beat the traffic' mentality but I'm sure there's some that just want to go and get their drunk on in celebration.

I'll also add, while I like my adult beverage as much as the next tailgater, I appreciate the no alcohol policy. Fans seem to go too far as it is sometimes for those of us that would like to bring our kids to the games. Alcohol would make it even worse. If some just can't wait, so be it. And my view on that has more to do with fan behavior than alcohol itself. I don't mind having a beer at home while watching a game with the family but I'm not yelling obscenities and threats or puking on the people next to me either.

And, for what its worth, it sounded loud on my TV... but not Tech '08 loud. But that's a high bar.

jumperstop
9/26/2011, 12:55 PM
Section 23 is always one of the loudest sections along with the part of Section 24 who sits on the aisle. In fact, the north end zone as a whole is pretty loud. I detest when fans leave after the 3rd quarter no matter the score. We stay until the end!

I'm in 23, glad to hear my yelling does some good. I always thought it was a section of old people...

soonerfromgeorgia
9/26/2011, 01:02 PM
It seems that after being at FSU last week, the Sooner fans would have turned it up a notch and tried to match what we had to put up with.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/26/2011, 01:02 PM
It's always pretty loud in Section 19 too, especially when we are on defense in that endzone.

badger
9/26/2011, 01:03 PM
If you disliked last Saturday you might be in for a major disappointment this coming Saturday, heh

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/26/2011, 01:05 PM
If you disliked last Saturday you might be in for a major disappointment this coming Saturday, hehNo joke. I'd imagine it's going to be a "sellout crowd" with some empty seats.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/26/2011, 01:08 PM
I get into the stadium 2 hours before kickoff. therefore I leave ~30 min before the game is over.

That's the real problem-- to get the good student section seats you have to be there at least 1 1/2 hours before kickoff.

Soonerjeepman
9/26/2011, 01:10 PM
since it was my only game in Norman this yr...stayed til the end...

pulled into my driveway at 5 am...didn't stay and party either...BUT it was worth it...won't do it again, too old.

Crowd seemed loud and quiet...different times.

jumperstop
9/26/2011, 01:15 PM
I get into the stadium 2 hours before kickoff. therefore I leave ~30 min before the game is over.

That's the real problem-- to get the good student section seats you have to be there at least 1 1/2 hours before kickoff.

Every time I've sat in the student section I'm there 30 min before like normal and seen to find a good seat. What do you believe is a "good seat". I prefer the ones at top where you can see the field, not those in the middle of the frat guys who are just there to be seen on the big screen being abnormally awkward because they think it's funny.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/26/2011, 01:15 PM

That's the real problem-- to get the good student section seats you have to be there at least 1 1/2 hours before kickoff.Why the hell do you leave early? Why not just stay home?

meoveryouxinfinity
9/26/2011, 01:17 PM
Every time I've sat in the student section I'm there 30 min before like normal and seen to find a good seat. What do you believe is a "good seat". I prefer the ones at top where you can see the field, not those in the middle of the frat guys who are just there to be seen on the big screen being abnormally awkward because they think it's funny.45 yard line, 5 or 6 rows up, right above the parents/ student athletes sections.

badger
9/26/2011, 01:17 PM

I wish the student section would get moved to the north endzone. There's more empties in the corner than anywhere else and if they were all in the endzone regardless they wouldn't all try to crowd at close to the 50 yard line as possible.

BUT, I'd rather not eff up our home winning streak. NO changes to Memorial Stadium as long as the streak lives!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/26/2011, 01:19 PM
Why the hell do you leave early? Why not just stay home?30 minutes real time = about 5 minutes into the 4th quarter. Why can't you all worry about yourselves? You can stay until the last second and I can go early, deal? Last I checked we payed the same amount whether or not I even show up. I lose my voice halfway through the third anyway.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/26/2011, 01:21 PM
and ZOMG, don't tell anyone, but sometimes, when we're on the road and up by a lot, i even change the channel!

revelladee
9/26/2011, 01:31 PM
We stay until the last note is played...and the last band member is off the field in the postgame performance. Most of the traffic has dwindled down and we're 5 minutes from our hotel. My son who is a pride member did say the crowd was pretty quiet this Saturday.

Looks like the boys of fall need the crowd in it ....Stoops might have to call out the home crowd again...and Yeah, we were at that TX Tech '08 game...unbelievable energy!!! Gotta bring that more often...imho

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/26/2011, 01:31 PM
30 minutes real time = about 5 minutes into the 4th quarter. Why can't you all worry about yourselves? You can stay until the last second and I can go early, deal? Last I checked we payed the same amount whether or not I even show up. I lose my voice halfway through the third anyway.Chillax. I was just wondering why someone who is worried about getting a good seat to sit in there for 2 hours before kickoff would be so hellbent to leave early. I find it comical that the same people leave early whether we are up 40, down 10 or tied so they can beat the traffic, get drunk before everyone else, whatever.

badger
9/26/2011, 01:35 PM
If you're worried about getting drunk, there's these marvelous little inventions called "pocket shots." There are also cute little glass bottles of every type of liquid imaginable.

One tiny glass bottle of rum goes OH SO WELL with a souvenir-sized cup of coke that you can buy inside the stadium. Just drink it down a little, dump the glass bottle in, put the cover back on and you're good to go!

:D And no, I'm not saying that I've done this myself, but if you haven't, you are in the minority. Or you're a minor. Or Mormon.

jumperstop
9/26/2011, 01:41 PM
If you're worried about getting drunk, there's these marvelous little inventions called "pocket shots." There are also cute little glass bottles of every type of liquid imaginable.
Ki
One tiny glass bottle of rum goes OH SO WELL with a souvenir-sized cup of coke that you can buy inside the stadium. Just drink it down a little, dump the glass bottle in, put the cover back on and you're good to go!

:D And no, I'm not saying that I've done this myself, but if you haven't, you are in the minority. Or you're a minor. Or Mormon.

Most people are alcoholics and would need way more than a pocket shot to get a buzz.

flysooner9
9/26/2011, 01:51 PM
i couldn't believe the amount of people that were leaving midway through the 4th when we were only up 10. Also for the record i was a student the past 4 years and still sit there this year and i have never ever left an single OU game early, so please dont lump all students together. The ones that leave early are the ****** bag frat guys and ditzy sorority girls that dont give a **** about football. To me the the biggest problem with OU's student section is the fact that like 70% of campus is greek.

badger
9/26/2011, 01:56 PM
Most people are alcoholics and would need way more than a pocket shot to get a buzz.

Hell, I never said to just bring one, did I? :P

DCSooner
9/26/2011, 01:58 PM
I left early because this ****e head little kid was standing on the bleachers facing me (backwards) to see the big screen. I could barely see the field sober from my seat much less tanked.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/26/2011, 02:17 PM
I left early because this ****e head little kid was standing on the bleachers facing me (backwards) to see the big screen. I could barely see the field sober from my seat much less tanked.And you had to break crap at the tailgate.

DCSooner
9/26/2011, 02:17 PM
That WAS NOT me. I was just in the general vacinity of the breakage.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2011, 02:22 PM
It was not him

DCSooner
9/26/2011, 02:31 PM
It was not him I'm sorry, but I am dying laughing over here.

OUDoc
9/26/2011, 02:38 PM
To me the the biggest problem with OU's student section is the fact that like 70% of campus is greek.
Greeks don't like football?

saucysoonergal
9/26/2011, 02:51 PM
Greeks don't like football?

Just the Betas. Those guys know nothing about football. ;)

Fraggle145
9/26/2011, 02:58 PM
Just the Betas. Those guys know nothing about football. ;)

I resemble that remark.

badger
9/26/2011, 03:01 PM
Greeks are blamed for a lot, aren't they? Not just at OU, but every campus. You should hear them whine at texags about them (and the corps of course, which is like a big frat, heh).

After staying through Baylor OT in 2005, I don't mind if people decide to beat traffic. I remember being stuck in postgame traffic for an hour because everyone stayed for that... and I stayed well after the postgame concert and traffic was STILL a mess!

The big open spot in the corner of the student section does bother me though. I know its not for lack of students, just spacing.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2011, 03:07 PM
I'm sorry, but I am dying laughing over here.

Me too...I didn't even know about it til yesterday..Also, I'm from Enid.

I Am Right
9/26/2011, 03:09 PM
For those of you that were there, was the crowd loud at all? It didn't sound like they were and I noticed a bunch of empty seats in the 4th quarter.

Why, other than the student section leaving in the 3rd Qtr, It was one of the loudest crowds!

DCSooner
9/26/2011, 03:21 PM
Also, I'm from Enid. I don't get it.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2011, 03:22 PM
Your boy from Saturday night

SCSooner71
9/26/2011, 03:48 PM
I can promise you....I wont be leaving early this weekend no matter how bad we are beating Ball St!

sooner59
9/26/2011, 04:12 PM
If you think Saturday was a loud crowd, you need your head checked. It was one of the most awful crowd experiences I have seen since I started going to games back in 2003. For the first time, I wasn't in the student section. I was in section 33, and I was probably one of only 4 or 5 people in the ENTIRE SECTION yelling. The girl next to us was sitting and plugging her ears because my yelling was too loud for her. The most anyone did was stand. Two guys behind me were yelling and I heard a couple more. The rest of the hundreds of people around me were dead silent, or they were talking amongst themselves and not paying attention to the game. Why even buy tickets and waste your time if you aren't even paying attention? I don't get it. I wanted to walk back over to the student section so I could at least feel like I was at a football game. I actually felt bad for the players.

OUDoc
9/26/2011, 04:14 PM
Our section was very loud. Apparently some sections weren't.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2011, 04:17 PM
The OU crowd is just different..I've been to probably 15-20 college games not involving OU and it was like the crowd was crazy no matter what when the game started(UF, LSU, etc) and the team seemed to get a little juiced by it. At OU, it's more like the crowd is waiting for the football team to do something before they get into it..What the OU crowd did in 2008 against TT really wouldn't stand out at other places..They wouldn't remember that one time because it happens all the time.

The crowd here spectates while at other places, they participate.

jumperstop
9/26/2011, 04:17 PM
If you think Saturday was a loud crowd, you need your head checked. It was one of the most awful crowd experiences I have seen since I started going to games back in 2003. For the first time, I wasn't in the student section. I was in section 33, and I was probably one of only 4 or 5 people in the ENTIRE SECTION yelling. The girl next to us was sitting and plugging her ears because my yelling was too loud for her. The most anyone did was stand. Two guys behind me were yelling and I heard a couple more. The rest of the hundreds of people around me were dead silent, or they were talking amongst themselves and not paying attention to the game. Why even buy tickets and waste your time if you aren't even paying attention? I don't get it. I wanted to walk back over to the student section so I could at least feel like I was at a football game. I actually felt bad for the players.

That's how most sections outside the student sections are. Heck even the students could sometimes give two ****s about the game. I was just surprised at how many people left early. Close game, great weather. Why leave?

jumperstop
9/26/2011, 04:20 PM
The OU crowd is just different..I've been to probably 15-20 college games not involving OU and it was like the crowd was crazy no matter what when the game started(UF, LSU, etc) and the team seemed to get a little juiced by it. At OU, it's more like the crowd is waiting for the football team to do something before they get into it..What the OU crowd did in 2008 against TT really wouldn't stand out at other places..They wouldn't remember that one time because it happens all the time.

The crowd here spectates while at other places, they participate.

Agree, even the FSU crowd seemed twice as loud as anything I've heard at our stadium. Probably never going to change, oh well. At least we win at home ever game....

Boomer.....
9/26/2011, 04:26 PM
I was sitting on the 45 yd line and our section was standing/yelling a lot. The guy in front of me was having to hold his ears constantly. I guess it depends on where you sit.

I've been in sections where they yell at me to sit down during the opening kick off and then in other sections who don't sit down. There are all kinds at OU games.

jumperstop
9/26/2011, 04:32 PM
I was sitting on the 45 yd line and our section was standing/yelling a lot. The guy in front of me was having to hold his ears constantly. I guess it depends on where you sit.

I've been in sections where they yell at me to sit down during the opening kick off and then in other sections who don't sit down. There are all kinds at OU games.

I try and be nice about standing too much because I'm in one of those sit sections. But honestly I couldn't give two ****s, if you can't see through me stand up.if you want/need to sit the entire game, watch it at home....

SCSooner71
9/26/2011, 04:38 PM
I try and be nice about standing too much because I'm in one of those sit sections. But honestly I couldn't give two ****s, if you can't see through me stand up.if you want/need to sit the entire game, watch it at home....

Amen!!!

Serenity Now
9/26/2011, 04:44 PM
Our section (11) seemed pretty involved. It was pretty loud and we didn't sit down the whole game. I left in the middle of the 4th. We had two 8 year olds and a 150 mile drive to go. Detest my ilk all you want.

cccasooner2
9/26/2011, 04:52 PM

I think those people thought they deserved better, JHMO.

PhiDeltBeers
9/26/2011, 04:53 PM
I stand at home too. At least I can pace a little there. lol.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/26/2011, 05:00 PM
FWIW, I usually leave early because I tend to get extremely light headed after yelling for 3 quarters. I fall, then people make me sit, and I might as well leave at that point.

soonerboomer93
9/26/2011, 05:16 PM
Nothing you can ever say will ever make me want to stay thru the 4th quarter when we're up by 17 points against a team that isn't even ranked.

You sure?

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2011, 05:17 PM
I think those people thought they deserved better, JHMO.

And this is what I was saying in my post...Our crowd needs a reason to get loud where other places get loud because that's what they do.

sooner59
9/26/2011, 05:20 PM
And this is what I was saying in my post...Our crowd needs a reason to get loud where other places get loud because that's what they do.

Yup. Nailed it. And it sucks.

josh09
9/26/2011, 07:07 PM
i couldn't believe the amount of people that were leaving midway through the 4th when we were only up 10. Also for the record i was a student the past 4 years and still sit there this year and i have never ever left an single OU game early, so please dont lump all students together. The ones that leave early are the ****** bag frat guys and ditzy sorority girls that dont give a **** about football. To me the the biggest problem with OU's student section is the fact that like 70% of campus is greek.

You say "dont lump all students together", yet you "lump" the entire greek community together. I am in a fraternity, and I probably leave the games along with most of my fraternity brothers when there's usually around 5-10 min left in the game. Unless, of course, the game is in question. Yes, there will always be those frat guys who get way too drunk and leave in the 2nd quarter to go party or something, and I don't know why they bother coming to the games, but I come to watch some Oklahoma Football. Don't try to tell me that the ones who leave early are ONLY those in the greek community either, because that would just be plain wrong.

Also, regarding opinions that the student section is sub-par when it comes to cheering/staying the whole time, there is no doubt in my mind that the student section IS the loudest part of the stadium, even when there are groups of empty seats in the 2nd half. I look around our stadium, and there are PLENTY of empty seats that are not within the student section, along with non-students who refuse to stand for most of the game. People who complain about the student section make me laugh, we just have to admit that our entire fan base is spoiled, because it is.

sooner59
9/26/2011, 07:20 PM
Yes it is spoiled. And yes, the student section is the loudest BY FAR. It took me one game outside of the student section to desperately want to go back just for the football crowd experience. Our crowd Saturday acted like we actually did move to the PAC. As much as I talk **** about SEC fans, at least they are rowdy...well most of them are. (not Vandy).

brian
9/26/2011, 09:23 PM
section 107 is so damn quiet

btb916
9/26/2011, 09:27 PM

I get there 2 hours before the game starts and leave when the game ends.

delhalew
9/26/2011, 09:33 PM
It's really disappointing. I miss the students section too. Sit in the south endzone and you'll REALLY miss the student section. If I figure out what sections are good, I'll always shoot for that.

Even then, it embarrassed me that the whole stadium isn't rocking.

Plexis22
9/26/2011, 09:45 PM
Yet another reason we should be going to the SEC. Our fans rightfully could care less about chumps like Mizzou, Iowa State, Tech, Baylor, etc. Bring Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Arkansas, Florida, etc to Norman and our crowds would be much louder. Truth is it will only get worse as we no longer have Nebraska and A&M after this year. Adding BYU and Louisville or whatever won't be good either.

That being said you can't argue that our crowd is pretty decent most of the time. Only 2 losses since 1999 speaks for itself.

MamaMia
9/27/2011, 12:05 AM
We have so many friends with really cold beer on ice right outside the stadium. I use to go visit during the half and have a cold one and go back to my seat to watch the rest of the game, but now I just wait till we have the game well in hand and head for the ice chest and watch the rest of the game on their big screen.

Jason Alexander
9/27/2011, 12:11 AM
If you want loud then have the whole stadium be a student section; then I would never graduate.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/27/2011, 01:28 AM
Section 23 is always one of the loudest sections along with the part of Section 24 who sits on the aisle. In fact, the north end zone as a whole is pretty loud. I detest when fans leave after the 3rd quarter no matter the score. We stay until the end!I always look forward to seeing the subs get it, and show if they've got the potential to start someday.

9/27/2011, 01:39 AM
Most people are alcoholics and would need way more than a pocket shot to get a buzz.That's some brazen candor there, fellow! I'll be watching your future posts with vigor, to learn the REAL nitty gritty!

9/27/2011, 02:01 AM

The crowd here spectates while at other places, they participate.Then, this has been so for like, evar. I was at OU in the '60's, and went to lots of games in the 70's and early 80's too. VERY seldom did i ever see the OU home crowds all jacked up and yelling profusely. The one exception that comes to mind was the infamous "Game of the Century against the nebbish in '71. It was crazy all game long, and especially after the refs screwed us there at home, for 4 or 5 bad calls.

SyN
9/27/2011, 05:41 PM
Section 23 is very loud... I normally have a migraine headache by the 3rd quarter!!! Crowd was really lazy!

There are a ton of older sooner fans that sit in the N endzone... which the really old fans yell... but ya cant hear them.... Would be nice to have tons of younger fans....

problem is those old older fans will never give up their season tickets.... But oh well our stadium is full... and the N endzone is very loud when it needs to be...

OUstud
9/28/2011, 03:27 PM
Again: let fans leave the stadium with a hand stamp, go drink and check on other games (or just sit at a tailgate and relax a bit), and I guarantee you won't see the empty seats you are currently seeing in the second half. Think about it: students (and I'm not necessarily referring to diehards, just the causal fans you all seem to hate) stand for an hour and a half straight at least--they're gonna be hungry, thirsty, tired, plus the buzzes are wearing off. What's the point in waiting in a long-*** line to spend $3.50 for a hotdog and about the same for a Coke when my tailgate has a grill and beer and water that I already paid for?

We have way too many Yellow Shirt Gestapo (thanks Baj) as it is; why can't they add "making sure no entering or re-entering fans have backpacks" to their duties? I'm telling you, bringing back the halftime pass-out policy would solve a lot of attendance problems...

9/28/2011, 03:38 PM
Again: let fans leave the stadium with a hand stamp, go drink and check on other games (or just sit at a tailgate and relax a bit), and I guarantee you won't see the empty seats you are currently seeing in the second half. Think about it: students (and I'm not necessarily referring to diehards, just the causal fans you all seem to hate) stand for an hour and a half straight at least--they're gonna be hungry, thirsty, tired, plus the buzzes are wearing off. What's the point in waiting in a long-*** line to spend $3.50 for a hotdog and about the same for a Coke when my tailgate has a grill and beer and water that I already paid for?

We have way too many Yellow Shirt Gestapo (thanks Baj) as it is; why can't they add "making sure no entering or re-entering fans have backpacks" to their duties? I'm telling you, bringing back the halftime pass-out policy would solve a lot of attendance problems...Maybe the powers that be have determined they sell more concessions if they prevent folks from leaving and re-entry. It's likely that simple.

yermom
9/28/2011, 03:43 PM
but then how do you gouge everyone for water and coke?

most civilized places at least let you bring a bottle of water with you...

9/28/2011, 03:50 PM
but then how do you gouge everyone for water and coke?

most civilized places at least let you bring a bottle of water with you...50,000 cokes is a lot of bread! Throw in some hot dogs and nachos, popcorn, whatever, and it's da*n big bucks!

I don't like it, either, but I would v-bet Badger, if I v-bet, that it's about $revenue$.

Also the cost of additional gate-checker security people that would have to be employed during the 2nd half of the game is an unnecessary expense.

Mazeppa
9/28/2011, 04:43 PM
Section 23 is always one of the loudest

Well, Thank You!

yankee
9/29/2011, 07:04 PM
If you guys are crying and moaning about the home crowd from the Mizzou game, I fear what you may have to say about the Ball State game. There will be a TON of empty seats, especially the in student section.

cccasooner2
9/29/2011, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE=yankee;3357350]If you guys are crying and moaning about the home crowd from the Mizzou game, I fear what you may have to say about the Ball State game. There will be a TON of empty seats, especially the in student section.[/QUOTE

I would make a guess that they are not true OU fans then.

yankee
9/30/2011, 01:10 AM
I would make a guess that they are not true OU fans then.

Oh, please. They're 18-22 year olds who would rather go drink or party than watch us blow out some crappy MAC team.

I know, I know. Back when all you old people went to OU, you would get to the games 6 hours in advance and stand and yell the whole time rain or shine.

olevetonahill
9/30/2011, 01:25 AM
Oh, please. They're 18-22 year olds who would rather go drink or party than watch us blow out some crappy MAC team.

I know, I know. Back when all you old people went to OU, you would get to the games 6 hours in advance and stand and yell the whole time rain or shine.

You go gurl Tell them OLD farts how its done :victorious:

pphilfran
9/30/2011, 08:07 AM
And from the hills of SE Ok a mythical apparition appears....

cccasooner2
9/30/2011, 09:03 AM
Maybe OU can insitute some of that Utah hand roll action about 0:56 into vid. :D

cxou4Payf8w

jumperstop
9/30/2011, 09:33 AM
Section 23 is very loud... I normally have a migraine headache by the 3rd quarter!!! Crowd was really lazy!

There are a ton of older sooner fans that sit in the N endzone... which the really old fans yell... but ya cant hear them.... Would be nice to have tons of younger fans....

problem is those old older fans will never give up their season tickets.... But oh well our stadium is full... and the N endzone is very loud when it needs to be...

Section 23 getting a lot of love in this thread. Been sitting there since 95 I think. Originally Sooner saver seats when we sucked with Smellsofbourbon...

BillySimmons
9/30/2011, 02:10 PM
I graduated last may and went to the Mizzou game last weekend. Bought tickets in section 20, and it was the first time I have ever sat anywhere other than student section....it sucked. It's as if no one cares

SyN
9/30/2011, 08:37 PM
Jumper: I have 4 seats there... been there since Gibbs was jacked...We had no problem getting season tickets after that... Not bad seats...Close to the field... see alot of touchdowns up close...

Jdog
9/30/2011, 11:12 PM
My section was very loud!

The old Upper deck was quite most of the night. They only made noise twice when we were down by 11.

Jdog
9/30/2011, 11:46 PM
Why, other than the student section leaving in the 3rd Qtr, It was one of the loudest crowds!

Seriously????