PDA

View Full Version : OU opens as 38 pt. fav over Ball State

nighttrain12
9/25/2011, 09:21 PM
That's kind of low I would say. Oh well, a good chance to increase my vCash.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/odds

delhalew
9/25/2011, 09:46 PM
That's a little ridiculous.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/25/2011, 09:48 PM
Id say thats low.

Based on twitter comments from several of the guys...theyre real unhappy with themselves. I can see a whopping of epic proportions coming.

Only to warm up for the whorn

sperry
9/25/2011, 10:05 PM
Id say thats low.

Based on twitter comments from several of the guys...theyre real unhappy with themselves. I can see a whopping of epic proportions coming.

Only to warm up for the whorn

38 points is never low. You can absolutely manhandle a team and not win by 38 points, especially when you consider it's going to be all second stringers for most of the 2nd half.

sooner59
9/25/2011, 11:21 PM
If we win by 38, I will be impressed. Ball State is 3-1. They are a MAC team, not a 1-AA. They beat Indiana and manhandled Army. They lost on the road to a team that may win the Big East. I'm not worried about beating them, but 38 is decent. Based on how we played on defense Saturday, its a nice line for Vegas. Of course, Vegas doesn't listen to the post-game interviews or stalk players' twitter, so they don't know the motivation factor as much.

delhalew
9/26/2011, 07:58 AM
I think we kick the crap out of them, and I would pick them with the points if it's that high on Friday.

VA Sooner
9/26/2011, 08:11 AM
I'd rather see our defense settle down and manhandle them... work on assignments and focus.

Oh... and watch each receiver and running back get a touchdown each including the second and third stringers.

FirstandGoal
9/26/2011, 09:51 AM
38 points is never low. You can absolutely manhandle a team and not win by 38 points, especially when you consider it's going to be all second stringers for most of the 2nd half.

Agreed.

I would personally be very surprised if we won by 28, let alone 38 points. At this point in time we don't know for sure if we are gonna get Stills back and our team probably still needs to heal up a bit before the * game. Hmmm, does anybody know when Franks will be back, or is he still "indefinite?"

Then there is also the fact that I'm sure that we're taking this week to do some prep work for * whether the coaches admit it or not. I also expect to see a somewhat vanilla game called by JH. Its also good to remember that Ball State isn't a cupcake, even though I hope we make it look like they are.

What I would love to see happen is for us to be ahead by about 21-28 points in the third quarter and then put in a lot of second stringers and let them finish it out at a nice easy pace.

JLMSOONER
9/26/2011, 09:56 AM
I would take a 14-0 shutout if the D would play outstanding. Outstanding meaning minimal net yardage and no play over 5-10 yards.

KantoSooner
9/26/2011, 10:14 AM
I'd like to see our 'next string' receivers holding onto balls a little better. Wouldn't take much, but Kameel, especially, could be special if he can latch onto the ball.

soonerboy_odanorth
9/26/2011, 10:15 AM
I'll take Ball State to cover. We will be looking ahead to Texas, and I expect us to come out even more lethargic than we did against Mizzou. Ball State has a decent team and will be looking to take a shot at their "one shining moment".

I think it'll be an "embarrassing" 17-24 point win, that drops us another spot in the polls behind Bama.

(The only "victory" that will come out of this Ball State game for us is no more injuries before Texas week...)

EatLeadCommie
9/26/2011, 10:22 AM
huh huh huh, you said ball. huh huh huh