PDA

View Full Version : What OU games to you get to see in person?

BigTip
9/25/2011, 01:00 PM
I was curious as to how many get to go to games. Like I need more reason to be jealous of some of you. :mad: But anyway, here's a poll to find out. Thanks.

OrlandoSooner
9/25/2011, 01:41 PM
I have never lived in OK, but have been a fan as long as I can remember. Both parents are from Oklahoma and raised me right. I used to make 1 a year, but recently have made less than that due to family obligations in FL. I took both my boys to the FSU game and they were in awe. They had never seen so many OU fans in one place. They loved it!

SoonerMom2
9/25/2011, 01:48 PM
Live in Norman and have had season tickets since we moved to Norman in January 1997.

bluedogok
9/25/2011, 05:29 PM
When I lived in OKC I went to most home games, my dad has season tickets and would go with him most of the time in recent years. Living in Austin now we usually make it up for the Tech game since that is where my wife graduated from. We went to the Baylor game in Waco last season, the KU game at Arrowhead (and the Chiefs-Redskins game the next day) a few years back, the BYU game at Jerryworld and the B12CCG in San Antonio.

Lott's Bandana
9/25/2011, 06:59 PM
Since 1966...

SoonerStud615
9/25/2011, 07:57 PM
My parents have had season tickets since 1998. Growing up I got to go to about half the home games. Now that I'm at school in AR I get to about 1-3 games/yr.

I've been to every Big 12 Championship since 2000 except for 2007 & 2010

instigator
9/25/2011, 08:33 PM
Only two people I know can select the first option.

hawaii 5-0
9/25/2011, 09:35 PM
I'm pretty out of town. Last game I went to was a Kansas game with Jason White and AD. Got The King's autograph on a cap that day. Got in free, too. Friends in high places.....

5-0

Soonerjeepman
9/25/2011, 09:38 PM
just got back from the MU game...well at 5 am this morning...yes..my buddy just HAD TO COME back last night..ugh..

always hit the games up near KC...ksu and ku this yr...mu last yr...nu 2 yrs ago..

MyT Oklahoma
9/25/2011, 09:40 PM
I go to at least one home game a year and road games upon occasion. Hello Lawrence and Manhattan later this year.

BigTip
9/26/2011, 12:38 PM
Living in Austin now we usually make it up for the Tech game since that is where my wife graduated from. We went to the Baylor game in Waco last season, .

Me too. I just bought tickets to the Baylor game, which will be the first game I will have been able to go to in a long time.

badger
9/26/2011, 12:49 PM
I used to go to games more often. I went to them all when I was a student, home and away (perks of being in a student organization like band). I have not attended as many recently for many reasons, but here goes:

1- I don't like travel in general, and gameday traffic is an absolute nightmare for someone with motion sickness.
2- The weather is really hot at the beginning of the season and I sunburn easily.
3- They fit you in like sardines and with my luck, my short self is usually parked right behind a tall person.
4- Scalpers have no idea this is a recession when OU is the #1 team in the country.
5- There are so many alternatives to attending in person now... like high def TVs on a comfy couch!

yermom
9/26/2011, 12:51 PM
Only two people I know can select the first option.

i guess Phil is the other one that chose it already?

Ball State this week should be 100 straight for me, going back to the 2003 CCG in KC

living in Norman and being in a regional conference makes that a lot easier...

3rdgensooner
9/26/2011, 12:52 PM
3- They fit you in like sardines and with my luck, my short self is usually parked right behind a tall person.I feel ya. Story of my life, but I go anyway.

Boomer.....
9/26/2011, 12:53 PM
Allsome stuff yermom!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/26/2011, 12:58 PM

Ball State this week should be 100 straight for me, going back to the 2003 CCG in KC

Leaving the Sun Bowl:

"Hey it's yermom..What up man?"

"Not much, waiting on my friend so we can head to San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl."

Me later on to my wife: "If you want to know what my life would be like if I didn't get married, you just saw it."

yermom
9/26/2011, 01:06 PM
we went to the Cowboys/Eagles game after that, but SRO after all that was a nightmare.

sneaking in other games is fun. i've only gotten to do it a handful of times though.

oudavid1
9/26/2011, 03:54 PM
Starting going in '99, season tickets for life. Havent missed since 2000. Not one. Of course now i dont go as much for the football as I do other things. This will also be my last year doing so.

SCSooner71
9/26/2011, 04:02 PM
Live in South Carolina and try to make 1 or 2 home games a year....away games...if its east of the mississppi then Im there.

101sooner
9/26/2011, 04:11 PM
Depends on where I'm stationed. This year, I'll make the first first games. After that, we'll see.

Lott's Bandana
9/26/2011, 04:22 PM
Live in South Carolina and try to make 1 or 2 home games a year....away games...if its east of the mississppi then Im there.

You got LSU, ND, Ohio State and Tennessee comin soon bro...start saving up that leave!

SCSooner71
9/26/2011, 04:25 PM
You got LSU, ND, Ohio State and Tennessee comin soon bro...start saving up that leave!

Im on it!

ouduckhunter
9/26/2011, 05:40 PM
Live on left coast so I don't make it to Norman very often. However, if the Sooners are playing out here, we definitely try to make it to the games!

MsProudSooner
9/26/2011, 05:47 PM
I needed an option for some home games and no away games.

instigator
9/26/2011, 05:50 PM

Yep you guys are it. We shouldn't se more than two up there.

No kidding about the SRO. What a PITA! At least we got three games in one trip though.
Congrats on 100!

MHSooner
9/26/2011, 05:56 PM
As of Saturdays game I have now been to 60 consecutive OU Football games both home, away, and bowl games. Plan on ending the year with 70 consecutive games.

:smug:

ouwasp
9/26/2011, 06:07 PM
I usually go to one game a yr, used to be more, but my ticket source moved away. Sometimes we go to an away game like last yr at Waco. Been to Tulsa, Stillwater and KU to Sooner games also. Went to Dallas a couple times in the 90's. Prolly won't do that again.

SoonerNomad
9/26/2011, 06:19 PM
I live in Arizona so I don't get to see them the Sooners nearly as often as I would like. I have been a fan for as long as I can remember (1968), but have only been to ten games, however, eight of those have been since 2002 and two of them are among the last four played. I was in Glendale for the Fiesta Bowl and I was in Tallahassee nine days ago for that awesome experience.

I couldnt' afford to go in my college years when I lived in Texas (I couldn't afford to go to OU) and now that I can afford it I am a million miles away. I am definitely envious of those that get to go to all the games or are season ticket holders. I have only been to two games in Norman in my life, both were in 1979 and both were with tickets bought outside the stadium. I did get to see the great Billy Sims.

Working backwards I have been to:

at Florida State, 2011 (W)
Fiesta Bowl v. UConn, Jan 1, 2011 (W)
at Washington, Sept 2008 (W)
v. Texas, Oct. 2006 (L)
Holiday Bowl v. Oregon, Dec. 2005 (W)
at UCLA, Sept 2005 (L)
v. Texas, Oct. 2004 (W)
v. Texas Oct. 2002 (W)
v. Iowa State in Norman, Oct. 1979 (W)
v. Colorado in Norman, Sept 1979 (W)

I would go to every one if work and money and travel would allow.

ouwasp
9/26/2011, 07:03 PM
Hey, Nomad, I was at that '79 Iowa St game also....the reason I distinctly remember is it was the first time I sat in the upper deck...and...this is hard to believe... during the second quarter a couple of teen girls leaned fwd and asked my Dad and I which player was Billy Sims... we were speechless for a moment... I finally said "he's number twenty for OU"... to which an airhead asked "Is OU wearing the red shirts?" I nodded, too numb to speak.

This really happened to me and I still can't believe it.

8timechamps
9/26/2011, 07:12 PM
Moved to Colorado in '95, but I used to go to all the home games and a couple of road games a year. I never missed a game when the Sooners came to Colorado, so I was one of the few unhappy people when CU left for the PAC. It's also one of the reasons I'd like to see Air Force join the Big XII.

I've taken my kids to the Fiesta Bowl a couple of times, but other than that, I'm a TV fan.

SoonerNomad
9/27/2011, 01:14 PM
Hey, Nomad, I was at that '79 Iowa St game also....the reason I distinctly remember is it was the first time I sat in the upper deck...and...this is hard to believe... during the second quarter a couple of teen girls leaned fwd and asked my Dad and I which player was Billy Sims... we were speechless for a moment... I finally said "he's number twenty for OU"... to which an airhead asked "Is OU wearing the red shirts?" I nodded, too numb to speak.

This really happened to me and I still can't believe it.

That is a great story. I know some people end up at those games and know nothing about football, but Billy was the Heisman winner at that point and was the focus of the team. Someone should have told them. I so remember Sims making a diving catch of a long pass that day and I was told it was his only catch of a forward pass either that season or during his career. I have never really believed that, but it sounded good with all the running the Sooners did back in those days.

yankee
9/27/2011, 01:25 PM
I've gone to both home games and will be at the rest of them. Also going to the RRS, Baylor game, and Bedlam. It's my senior year, I gotta go hard!

Soonerntxs
9/27/2011, 02:19 PM
I am a season ticket holder (6 years) and have attended all home games and many away games. I am now a student at OU (online) College of Liberal Studies, and will be a 4th generation OU Grad in about 1.5 years. Being 41, I know I would look stupid wearing body paint and sporting high socks and a red wig while sitting in the student section, so I will stick to my chairbacks and yell like a fool from high above the field in section 227! I would however, love to be a reserve SUPERSOONER, LOL!

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/27/2011, 02:46 PM
grew up in Norman. went to every home game between 1985 and 2003. since returning from deployment and relocating to the left coast in 2004, i try to make 1 home game per year, and at least one away game.....gawd i miss oklahoma.