PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Hunnicutt has replaced Stevens

Dan Thompson
9/25/2011, 09:29 AM
as our kicker. Hunnicutt made one FG and 5 extra points.

I don't think Stevens ever saw the field.

Now if we could just get someone to place the kick off five or more yards deep, that would be nice.

I Am Right
9/25/2011, 09:49 AM
Go ahead Stevens have another miller lite!

GottaHavePride
9/25/2011, 09:51 AM
Apparently Jimmy tweaked his hamstring. (Anyone else think it might be like Chris Simms' "hangnail"?)

cleller
9/25/2011, 10:29 AM
Stevens was struck in the back of the leg by a brick while hauling a couple of Mongols out of the El Diablo bar in South OKC Thurday night. (One Mongol in a headlock under each arm).

rekamrettuB
9/25/2011, 10:44 AM
as our kicker. Hunnicutt made one FG and 5 extra points.

I don't think Stevens ever saw the field.

Now if we could just get someone to place the kick off five or more yards deep, that would be nice.

He had 2 or 3 touchbacks last night to either endzone if I remember correctly.

cccasooner2
9/25/2011, 11:10 AM
He had 2 or 3 touchbacks last night to either endzone if I remember correctly.

O'Hara had 2 touchbacks of 7 kicks averaging 68 yds.

rekamrettuB
9/25/2011, 11:11 AM
O'Hara had 2 touchbacks of 7 kicks averaging 68 yds.

There ya go.

BoulderSooner79
9/25/2011, 11:14 AM
Apparently Jimmy tweaked his hamstring. (Anyone else think it might be like Chris Simms' "hangnail"?)

More like "I caused my coach a face palm on national TV" syndrome. The only known treatment is a placing your butt on the bench.

pb4ou
9/25/2011, 11:45 AM
Stevens has a quad injury. That is why he didn't kick.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/25/2011, 11:45 AM
Stoops said Steven hurt before that kick and he was upset with himself that he had to send Stevens out because hunnicutt hadn't had enough kicks

cccasooner2
9/25/2011, 11:51 AM
In the All-Access vid of the post-game presser Stoops said he wanted Hunnicutt to get some easy ones in to build his confidence.

papawlambert
9/25/2011, 12:57 PM
I think we are good to go with Hunnicutt from 45yds in.
Papaw

CrimsonRez
9/25/2011, 01:01 PM
in other news...that Tress Way guy is pretty good

rekamrettuB
9/25/2011, 01:19 PM
Stevens is having season ending shoulder surgery ~ Mack Brown.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/25/2011, 03:40 PM
O'hara had another good game kicking off. I don't see why you guys complain. He isn't the best in the biz but he's SO much better than the past two years.

8timechamps
9/25/2011, 03:48 PM
"I'll answer this one for Jimmy..." - Mack Brown

agoo758
9/25/2011, 03:52 PM
They should put Stevens in at receiver like they did that one time last year. :eek:

jk the sooner fan
9/25/2011, 04:50 PM
no idea where Little Jimmy is at - but for the first time in awhile i wasnt nervous about extra points, or a fg attempt

Hunnicutt strikes the ball really well imo - i hope he keeps the job

SoonerMom2
9/25/2011, 06:09 PM
You didn't even have to be told when that field goal sailed over the crossbar with plenty of air underneath and yards to spare that it was not kicked by Stevens. Extra points had lift and went over the crossbar by a lot and were right down the center. That all pointed to another kicker. What a relief for a change plus the two kicks into the end zone all in the same game! Would be nice not to have to worry about the kicking game! :)

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/25/2011, 07:06 PM
how about that kicker for Mizzou? geez. i thought stevens had switched teams..

BoulderSooner79
9/25/2011, 07:28 PM
how about that kicker for Mizzou? geez. i thought stevens had switched teams..

That guy has been money, but is having a bad year. Seems that when Pinkel iced him twice with timeouts at ASU, he developed the yips. Wouldn't have helped them anyway.

hawaii 5-0
9/25/2011, 09:42 PM
Better coverage on kickoffs.........check.

Better kicker on FGs and PATs.....check.

Better blocking on kick and punt returns.........???????

I'm ready to see one run back.

5-0

GottaHavePride
9/25/2011, 09:45 PM
Mizzou's kicker has a giant freaking cast on his left arm. You use your arms to keep your balance correct when you're kicking things. Thus, he's all over the place. He missed the first one, and then overcorrected and whiffed the other one the other direction.

And just about the time he manages to get used to the cast and compensate for it, it'll come off and screw him up AGIAN. The guy's going to have a ****ty season.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/25/2011, 09:46 PM
You didn't even have to be told when that field goal sailed over the crossbar with plenty of air underneath and yards to spare that it was not kicked by Stevens. Extra points had lift and went over the crossbar by a lot and were right down the center. That all pointed to another kicker. What a relief for a change plus the two kicks into the end zone all in the same game! Would be nice not to have to worry about the kicking game! :)

seriously....
how do we recruit guys like AD, Kenny Stills...and other Sooner greats, but we cant get a great kicker at OU?

MyT Oklahoma
9/25/2011, 09:50 PM
So long as our kickoffs aren't returned for touchdowns (knock on wood) I could care less if they go into the endzone. Although kicks into the endzone would be my preference of course.

hawaii 5-0
9/25/2011, 09:55 PM
I'd be more than happy to see a high kickoff caught around the 2 yard line and the KR get nailed at the 10 with a potential fumble.

Every time.

5-0

Curly Bill
9/25/2011, 10:27 PM
seriously....
how do we recruit guys like AD, Kenny Stills...and other Sooner greats, but we cant get a great kicker at OU?

Get in line behind all the rest of us that have posed that question since the departure of Hartley.

BoulderSooner79
9/25/2011, 10:30 PM
I'd be more than happy to see a high kickoff caught around the 2 yard line and the KR get nailed at the 10 with a potential fumble.

Every time.

5-0

^This and it doesn't have to be at the 10. If coverage is good and we consistently keep them inside the 25, it is worth a few yards to get a chance at a turnover. It also affords a chance at a flag for holding or block in the back which is pretty common too. The downside of course is the chance of an injury, so please kick it a mile if we have a big lead :)