PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Broyles had 3 touchdowns

badger
9/25/2011, 08:11 AM
13 catches for 154 yards, averaging 11.8 yards per catch.

Biletnikoff award committee, are you paying attention?!

While the guy you chose was off fumbling sure-fire touchdowns into Kyle Field's aggie endzone by showboating a little too much and pouting about not getting the ball thrown his way, (I KID YOU NOT), Ryan bailed out our offense more than enough times to be declared THE BEST WIDE RECEIVER IN THE COUNTRY.

Blackmon did this:
bf9a83hKDM8

Broyles did this:
coa22Xt_Khc

He is the best. He should be first on your list of finalists at this moment.

That's all.

Blackmon, you have my boy's trophy. We're gonna get it back.
http://uponfurtherreview.kansascity.com/files/images/biletnikoff%20trophy.jpg

VA Sooner
9/25/2011, 08:50 AM
He has my vote for the award... especially when we're missing 2 starting WRs and everyone is keyed in on Broyles.

BigTip
9/25/2011, 08:51 AM
I don't think Blackmon was showboating when he lost it. He just let go with his right hand, thinking he had a grip with his left...he didn't!

But I totally agree with you on Broyles. I hope he is rewarded with all sorts of awards for coming back.

badger
9/25/2011, 08:59 AM
I don't think Blackmon was showboating when he lost it. He just let go with his right hand, thinking he had a grip with his left...he didn't!

What it looked like was that he was trying to stick the ball out away from his body, but then in a panic had to try to recover the fumbled ball instead. It was a sure-fire touchdown if he just ran the ball in without trying to do anything fancy. He clearly tried to do something weird.

It was funny, if for no other reason than seeing A&M and OSU message board reactions. Texags got false hope and OP melted down :D

yermom
9/25/2011, 10:11 AM
that Broyles TD looked way more borderline on TV than in the stands/replay

i can totally see why they reviewed it now

Frozen Sooner
9/25/2011, 10:16 AM
Sure didn't look like a TD to me on the replay, but nothing incontrovertible, so call on the field stands.

Frozen Sooner
9/25/2011, 10:19 AM
Also, the touchback rule is the dumbest rule in football. It's completely out of line with anything else that happens on a fumble. A better rule would be returning the ball to the spot of the fumble, offense ball.

SoonerCLF
9/25/2011, 10:35 AM
I'd love to see Broyles win the award, he definitely deserves it over any of the others so far this year, especially after last night.

But, having said that, did any of you get a chance to see that Sammy Watkins kid (#2) for Clemson... he's pretty jaw-dropping amazing. Definitely a contender in the future, or even this year if he keeps it up every game like he has the last 2.

btb916
9/25/2011, 11:52 AM
that Broyles TD looked way more borderline on TV than in the stands/replay

i can totally see why they reviewed it now

I didn't see that he juggled it from the stands, not even on replay. No one around me could figure out why they were reviewing that. Now I see why for sure.

BoulderSooner79
9/25/2011, 11:58 AM
I didn't see that much of Blackmon last year outside of highlight replays. But when I did watch him, he had a quiet and humble demeanor. This year, he pouts when he doesn't get the ball and comes close to celebration flags even on non-TD catches. And I agree he was trying to look cool on that fumble yesterday since all he had to do was job over the goal line and not do anything with the ball. Has all this attention turned his head or did I get the wrong impression last year? He seems to be channeling Dez Bryant now.

BigTip
9/25/2011, 12:06 PM
What it looked like was that he was trying to stick the ball out away from his body, but then in a panic had to try to recover the fumbled ball instead. It was a sure-fire touchdown if he just ran the ball in without trying to do anything fancy. He clearly tried to do something weird.
D

Okay, I can see that.

KNEE BRACE
9/25/2011, 12:08 PM
Blackmon was going to do that high step thing and he kicked the ball out with his knee.

GottaHavePride
9/25/2011, 12:20 PM
Heh. I like the announcer's call. "That was just... not well done."

Jacie
9/25/2011, 01:02 PM
Blackmon had another catch go to the booth when he was shoved out of bounds and lost the ball. The call went his way as he had it going out of bounds and it was the shove that caused him to lose control, though he probably should have tucked the ball and rolled into the fall rather than extending the hand holding the damn ball out to try and catch himself!!! That said, I wonder why the aggie wasn't called for a late hit on that one . . .

sooneredaco
9/25/2011, 01:34 PM
Broyles>Blackmon

A Sooner in Texas
9/25/2011, 01:37 PM
Ryan is money. He catches even uncatchables. It's like he has magnets in his hands. And he's not going to drop the ball a yard away from the goal line by holding it too far away from his body cause he thinks it looks cool.

CBUS_SOONER
9/25/2011, 02:31 PM
Broyles is turning into one of my all time favorites

BoulderSooner79
9/25/2011, 02:35 PM
I'll repeat my question, since no one offered an opinion. Has Blackmon changed his attitude since last season? Was my impression that he was humble last year incorrect? Just curious because he seems like a different player this year from my limited experience watching him last season.

CowboyMRW
9/25/2011, 03:07 PM
I'll answer it. Yes, it seems that his attitude has changed. I wouldn't go as far to say as he's a mini-Dez though. Last year he was extremely humble it seemed, even when he was burning Amukamara who was supposedly a top 2 CB in CFB last year. I didn't see as much showboating in the AnM game or LaLa game, or even Tulsa for that matter, but Arizona it was over the top. That may have been because of the bowl game which rolled into warmups against Arizona or whatever reason, IDK.

With that said for those that watched Gameday, and saw the special about Blackmon and the little girl, that is truly a heart warming story.

CowboyMRW
9/25/2011, 03:12 PM
13 catches for 154 yards, averaging 11.8 yards per catch.

Biletnikoff award committee, are you paying attention?!

While the guy you chose was off fumbling sure-fire touchdowns into Kyle Field's aggie endzone by showboating a little too much and pouting about not getting the ball thrown his way, (I KID YOU NOT), Ryan bailed out our offense more than enough times to be declared THE BEST WIDE RECEIVER IN THE COUNTRY.

Last year JB was the best receiver in the nation, there is no way you can discount what he did. He wasn't pouting about not getting the ball. Top playmakers want the ball in critical situations, to make plays. When it's 3rd and long, of course he wants the ball as there aren't too many CB's in college that can cover him.

With all that said, I don't think that either one of them will win the Biletnikoff this year. Just a gut feeling.

MNsooner
9/25/2011, 03:24 PM
Blackmon was humble last season? His taunting in the Alamo bowl (which went unflagged somehow) is video that the national officiating coordiator uses to demonstrate taunting. Where did Blackmon get a reputation as being humble from for you guys?

Link for reference: http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/24615/blackmons-taunt-to-be-taught-as-example

BoulderSooner79
9/25/2011, 05:27 PM
Last year JB was the best receiver in the nation, there is no way you can discount what he did. He wasn't pouting about not getting the ball. Top playmakers want the ball in critical situations, to make plays. When it's 3rd and long, of course he wants the ball as there aren't too many CB's in college that can cover him.

With all that said, I don't think that either one of them will win the Biletnikoff this year. Just a gut feeling.

Thanks for the reply, it's not my imagination. But I had forgotten about the display in the bowl game - could be the Biletnikoff and all the NFL potential talk has turned his head - happens to young people in the spotlight. I hope it continues ;)

badger
9/25/2011, 05:59 PM
IMHO, Blackmon seems like a standup guy off the field, but when he gets on the field, a switch goes off and suddenly its ME-ME-ME mode for him. Why am I not getting the ball every play? Why am I not getting a call, ref? Why is the ball exiting my hands before I'm across the goalline?

It's not just attitude, it's also... technique. It's like he's got a MK complex all of the sudden, where fundamentals and effort don't matter, because he's so used to catching everything.