PDA

View Full Version : Silly, silly whorns

Flagstaffsooner
9/25/2011, 07:21 AM
They're at again...
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=6412099&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

HAMTTX
9/25/2011, 07:52 AM
I like the horns. They are easy to make fun of. With their budget they should be lights out every year, but they are not. They struggle..a lot...every year. They pulled one off with Vince, and that was what? After 40 years? I give them their due with that. They like to stroke themselves, a lot. Truth is they are as average now as they have been for a long time. Oh, and by the way they named their damned stadium after an OU guy. Im sorry there is no way to defend that. Nothing they ever say really bothers me. I will say that I do like reading HORNFANS, because I really think they have some very smart people over there. The trash talk I don't care about, but real football discussion is good over there when it stays on topic.

badger
9/25/2011, 07:58 AM
They have no reason to talk about their own team, so they rag on ours. That's what Aggie was doing last night after OSU embarrassed them at home :D

marfacowboy
9/25/2011, 08:34 AM
I've seen 'em all play, and right now, I don't know that we could beat Alabama. We couldn't beat them with a three man pass rush, I know that. Their running game is stronger, and while their passing game is light years behind OU's, they've never been pass happy. Alabama's offense is all about controlling the clock and having a QB that doesn't make mistakes. The defense is vicious, fast and strong. Better than LSU's, I think. LSU has the same type of athletes, but I don't think they're as well coached as Alabama's. They could disrupt our timing, and everything with OU's offense it timing. We have a ways to go before we'd be ready to face Alabama. That said, when the bell rings, I think Stoops can have them ready.

BigTip
9/25/2011, 08:44 AM
We have to win more convincingly to stay on top. Could two other undefeated teams jump us if we continue to "barely" win and they dominate?

SoonerMom2
9/25/2011, 08:54 AM
Did any of you see FSU? They had the same hangover except theirs extended the whole game and we pulled out of ours. You don't lay it all on the line in a huge game and come out the next week against MO and not have some let down. It is also the offense that MO runs. People laughed about MO losing to ASU but I got home in time to watch the last five minutes of the game and they beat USC convincingly. I was stuck in traffic last night and James Hale said the defense came into the locker room like they had lost the game they were so mad at themselves. Think we are going to take it out on Ball State.

rekamrettuB
9/25/2011, 10:22 AM
We have to win more convincingly to stay on top. Could two other undefeated teams jump us if we continue to "barely" win and they dominate?

LSU and Bama only. And they will take care of each other.

MyT Oklahoma
9/25/2011, 12:38 PM
Ball State will be very well paid for the beating that they will take next week.

Jacie
9/25/2011, 12:54 PM
James Hale said the defense came into the locker room like they had lost the game they were so mad at themselves. Think we are going to take it out on Ball State.

I'd prefer they wait and take it out on sa*et . . .

AlboSooner
9/25/2011, 12:58 PM
It looked like a reasonable thread to me.

Okie35
9/25/2011, 01:03 PM
It looked like a reasonable thread to me.

I agree.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/25/2011, 01:07 PM
Defense displayed more of the same problems they showed against Tulsa and FSU. How any of you can attribute this soley to a hangover is beyond me. They have issues.

Okie35
9/25/2011, 01:34 PM
Defense displayed more of the same problems they showed against Tulsa and FSU. How any of you can attribute this soley to a hangover is beyond me. They have issues.

They always look confused. I don't know about against FSU because minus that long bomb the defense played well and only held FSU to 246 yards. This one the defense did come out flat being down 14-3 @ home rarely happens. The defense does have some issues but it will dissolve as the years goes as usual. I'd rather grind out games now than never face any diversity and then when it happens fold.

101sooner
9/25/2011, 01:52 PM
But the 'Horns are still silly right?

BoulderSooner79
9/25/2011, 02:16 PM
But the 'Horns are still silly right?

Correct.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/25/2011, 03:08 PM
They always look confused. I don't know about against FSU because minus that long bomb the defense played well and only held FSU to 246 yards. This one the defense did come out flat being down 14-3 @ home rarely happens. The defense does have some issues but it will dissolve as the years goes as usual. I'd rather grind out games now than never face any diversity and then when it happens fold.
While I agree that they played VERY well against FSU and they single-handedly won that game, they were far from perfect. You cannot discount the fact that FSU was playing with a backup QB (IMO, Trickett is as good as the starter, but in a different way) and backup WRs. Of course, our defense created those injuries by playing lights out.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/26/2011, 06:52 AM
I'll wait until LSU and Alabama play a big time program. Arkansas, Oregon and West Virginia aren't big time programs, they just wish they were.

tcrb
9/26/2011, 08:03 AM
I'll wait until LSU and Alabama play a big time program. Arkansas, Oregon and West Virginia aren't big time programs, they just wish they were.

[face][palm]/

Sooner_Tuf
9/26/2011, 08:26 AM

Well next year they have to play aTm, so we'll know then for sure.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/26/2011, 09:14 AM
[face][palm]/

You just face-palmed yourself with that one.

Sooner in Tampa
9/26/2011, 09:25 AM
Ball State will be very well paid for the beating that they will take next week.
haha...amen

USF hung 70 on Ball State...just sayin

kevpks
9/26/2011, 09:26 AM

Last year we were having these same conversations about close games against Utah State, Air Force, and Cincy. This year's squad is well ahead of that group in every phase of the game and they won the conference and a BCS bowl.

OUster
9/26/2011, 11:43 AM

I have to agree with you on west Virginia and Arkansas not being big time programs...this year. Look at their records and before they got blown out by Bama and LSU, they really struggled against crap teams. The only reason either of those teams are considered good this year is because of where they started off the season ranked. I think the season will tell how dominant LCU and Bama really are (obviously). However, in watching both, they are good, not as dominant as the media is playing it. Oregon, is good, again. LSU handled a strong team in the season opener. But, they did it at the line-of-scrimmage, where Oregon admittedly has a completely, new and young, O-line. Either way, I like OUr chances!