PDA

View Full Version : T.J. Moe

Sooner02
9/25/2011, 01:08 AM
"We thought we could beat them. Everybody talked about how this place was crazy and people don't win in Norman," Missouri receiver T.J. Moe said. "We didn't come out with a victory, but it wasn't any different than any other place I've played."

Curly Bill
9/25/2011, 01:10 AM
Sounds about right to me. They played pretty well, and if some things had gone differently who knows? I wouldn't think much of him if he'd said they were scared to play in Norman.

SoonerofAlabama
9/25/2011, 01:11 AM
Meh...

Beat Up, and Injured OU > Mizzou

sooner59
9/25/2011, 01:14 AM
Its not much different...other than the fact that Mizzou hasn't won in Norman in around 17 or 18 years...and only two teams have done so (and barely at that) since Bob Stoops stepped foot on campus. I respect the fact that he wasn't afraid of playing in Norman and they thought they could win. That's what football players SHOULD be like. But acting like playing in Norman is like playing in Manhattan is just foolish.

SoonerKnight
9/25/2011, 01:17 AM
Its not much different...other than the fact that Mizzou hasn't won in Norman in around 17 or 18 years...and only two teams have done so (and barely at that) since Bob Stoops stepped foot on campus. I respect the fact that he wasn't afraid of playing in Norman and they thought they could win. That's what football players SHOULD be like. But acting like playing in Norman is like playing in Manhattan is just foolish.

The last time they beat us in Norman was 1966!!:beguiled:

soonerboy_odanorth
9/25/2011, 01:32 AM
"We thought we could beat them. Everybody talked about how this place was crazy and people don't win in Norman," Missouri receiver T.J. Moe said. "We didn't come out with a victory, but it wasn't any different than any other place I've played."

Uhh. Point in fact, T.J., you didn't win in Norman. So yes, that pretty much makes it different than a lot of other places you've played.

Isn't it best sometimes to just let sleeping dogs lie? Doesn't seem so these days...

Curly Bill
9/25/2011, 01:34 AM
Uhh. Point in fact, T.J., you didn't win in Norman. So yes, that pretty much makes it different than a lot of other places you've played.

Isn't it best sometimes to just let sleeping dogs lie? Doesn't seem so these days...

What exactly are we gonna do to him now, take his lunch money?

soonerboy_odanorth
9/25/2011, 01:42 AM
What exactly are we gonna do to him now, take his lunch money?

I was thinking steal his girlfriend while he is pouting in a corner.

Really, I don't know... just thinking his sour grapes could come back to haunt him at some point. And of course I hope they do!

SoonerKnight
9/25/2011, 03:17 AM
What's the big deal? They lost! We won! After all they have pride! How many years did they come into the Big XII championship game and think they had a chance only to be stomped into the ground by OU! Sure they are fired up! It's almost like the big brother that always picks on the little brother!!

CrimsonRez
9/25/2011, 03:46 AM
tj is a beast but he's just bitter right now

LRoss
9/25/2011, 07:04 AM
I love how Missouri always seems to talk trash after they LOSE to OU. That first year they were good and we beat them in Columbia when they were highly (#1? I don't remember) ranked weren't all the quotes about how they should have won and would win the B12CG or some such?

That said, I kind of agree with both sides here. Of course he can't say "We were completely intimidated by that crazy scene!" Especially since, at least on tv, it didn't seem particularly crazy. Honestly it seemed downright tame last night. Which, of course, speaks to it not being perceived as that big of a game for OU. They beat us at home and storm the field like they won the MNC (or even the B12, or at least how I imagine they MIGHT act if they won the B12, I guess that's all speculation!), we beat them at home and complain/get upset at how we didn't come out strong and need to play better. But I digress.

At the same time, if it was me and I was asked at a press conference or whatever following a loss, I'd say something more generic and coach-speak like "Of course Norman's a tough place to play, you can look at their win streak to see that, and they have a really good team and we're really disappointed that we weren't able to overcome it tonight." Says nothing but doesn't allow for someone on a message board to make you sound like a d-bag after you lose.

the-rover
9/25/2011, 08:32 AM
I think he mean't to say, "....... it wasn't any different than any other place I've lost."

VA Sooner
9/25/2011, 08:49 AM
Defense was a little lethargic... woke up in the second and third quarter then fell asleep in the second half of the fourth quarter during Mizzou's garbage-time TD drive.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/25/2011, 08:50 AM
Its not much different...other than the fact that Mizzou hasn't won in Norman in around 17 or 18 years...

HEY....lets not worry about those silly facts

kevpks
9/25/2011, 09:07 AM
The better team won. Focus on your goals Mizzou. The Insight Bowl is out there for the taking.

picasso
9/25/2011, 09:09 AM
What did Larry and Curly have to say about the loss?

yermom
9/25/2011, 09:15 AM
i'm gonna guess we lose that game in Columbia if we played it there...

kevpks
9/25/2011, 09:26 AM
I recall similar statements from Chase Daniel after we beat them in Norman in '07. It's too bad we won't get a chance to beat Mizzou again this year in a Big XII championship game.

Cantstandya
9/25/2011, 09:27 AM
What did Larry and Curly have to say about the loss?
Awesome...

Soonermagik
9/25/2011, 09:52 AM
Yeah, and OU didn't have Trey Franks or Stills and they still lost by double digits lol. What a joke this guy is. Have fun in the Car Care bowl, moron.

Okie35
9/25/2011, 10:18 AM
Someone brought it up on twitter and he responded.

http://twitter.com/#!/TJMoe28/status/117866564639920129

http://i.imgur.com/VKSaC.jpg

He could've said much worse.

Keller Sooner
9/25/2011, 10:53 AM
Deep, deep down inside he was skeered last night! :beguiled:

NormanPride
9/25/2011, 10:59 AM
Pinkel lets those guys mouth off like that and it's really getting on my nerves. I hate that coach. I don't think the kids are bad, but when you hear this kind of talk from a lot of different players that smacks of whiny coaching and excuse-making. To me, this is why Mizzou will never be a great team... you never hear this stuff from consistent winners when they lose, or great programs when they have tough wins. They're creating a losing culture over there and it's going to bite them in the *** eventually.

AzianSooner
9/25/2011, 11:46 AM
Missouri's players sound.... pity.

Is the only reason that they have been trying and trying so so much to archive......almost nothing at the end? BCS game? Big12? Conf Championship? ????

Please ....OU is not standing on your way Mizzou, it is your suckiness.

BoulderSooner79
9/25/2011, 12:03 PM
Moe did play a great game. OU is just better than MU and proved it, even after a slow start.

GottaHavePride
9/25/2011, 12:18 PM
They're not better than us... they're just not.

Sound familiar?

picasso
9/26/2011, 07:59 AM
Moe did play a great game.
Did he slap Larry?

Sooner_Tuf
9/26/2011, 08:18 AM
The moral to this story is if you are a really great recruit you can go to a school like Mizzou and lose to OU or go to OU and beat schools like Mizzou with one hand tied behind your back.

Soonerjeepman
9/26/2011, 08:31 AM
Yeah, and OU didn't have Trey Franks or Stills and they still lost by double digits lol. What a joke this guy is. Have fun in the Car Care bowl, moron.

with a LATE TD to boot...basically outscored them 35 to 0 after their 2 td's...but it's all good..

thecrimsoncrusader
9/26/2011, 09:08 AM
It was a fluke performance by both teams. Missouri played way above their capability and Oklahoma played way below their capability. That's not a game Missouri would want to play again as if the roles were reversed in terms of capability, Oklahoma wipes the floor with them. Missouri should be thankful it was that close and move on and in the end, Oklahoma is a winner and Missouri is a loser.

sooneron
9/26/2011, 09:17 AM
Maybe he was comparing it to their first game at ASU? That place was rocking. Either way, the kid should just shut up and say "Yep, we already have two losses right now." I agree about PInkel, his teams sure do run their mouths more than they should.

sappstuf
9/26/2011, 09:21 AM
Two in the Pinkel, one in the stinkel.

That always makes me laugh...

rekamrettuB
9/26/2011, 09:26 AM
No mulligans this year MIZ-ZOU!

Did OU ever lose to a team when they rematched them in the Big XII game?

2000 KState - no
2002 Colorado - no
2007 MIZZOU - NO

Was just curious how those mulligans worked out.

sooner n houston
9/26/2011, 09:33 AM
I love how Missouri always seems to talk trash after they LOSE to OU. That first year they were good and we beat them in Columbia when they were highly (#1? I don't remember) ranked weren't all the quotes about how they should have won and would win the B12CG or some such?

Yea, that is the year Stoops said "There are no mulligans in football!" (Or something similar).

SoonerAtKU
9/26/2011, 09:34 AM
Well he's not really saying anything that we haven't said about our own fan base before. Norman is a tough place to play because of how good the team is, not because of how impressive or intimidating the scene is.

Also, the crowd is pretty dependent on how well the team is playing at the moment. If it had gotten ugly quick like Tech in 2008, I think he might have had a different opinion. As it is, their early success took a TON of energy out of the crowd. That was apparent even on TV.

SoonerAtKU
9/26/2011, 09:35 AM
Yea, that is the year Stoops said "There are no mulligans in football!" (Or something similar).

That was Colorado in 2002.

budbarrybob
9/26/2011, 09:45 AM
The crowd was OK sat. They cheered with about as much enthusiasm as the players did while playing.

SoonerMarkVA
9/26/2011, 09:47 AM
We didn't come out with a victory, but it wasn't any different than any other place I've played.

I guess he's saying they never win on the road anyway.

yermom
9/26/2011, 09:54 AM
That was Colorado in 2002.

that game was cold and wet and Colorado was sloppy with the ball. they spotted us a few possessions.

i'd want a do-over too :biggrin:

i think our crowd can get pretty loud, but our offense seems to have a communication style that works lots better at home when they can hear. i still would like to steal Oregon's goofy signs

SoonerAtKU
9/26/2011, 10:02 AM
Hey, even then, Stoops was wrong. Barnett got his mulligan and got beaten again, and by a greater margin.

rekamrettuB
9/26/2011, 10:30 AM
that game was cold and wet and Colorado was sloppy with the ball. they spotted us a few possessions.

i'd want a do-over too :biggrin:

So they moved it in-doors and got beat worse. Barnett is such a ******.