PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Wilson and IU lost to UNT?!?!

Curly Bill
9/24/2011, 11:18 PM
KW and IU lose to North Texas?

Really?

And had to score the last 21 points of the game to get within 24-21?

That's pretty unbelievably terrible!

agoo758
9/24/2011, 11:27 PM
Oops......

8timechamps
9/24/2011, 11:29 PM
Yeah, when people see the score, they'll think "they lost a close one"....not. so. much.

Curly Bill
9/24/2011, 11:32 PM
I was stunnned when I first saw the score 14-0, and then it was 21-0, and then I guess 24-0 before IU came back somewhat.

I don't guess they've gotten the word up there yet that this man is an offensive genius. :tongue:

8timechamps
9/24/2011, 11:35 PM
I was stunnned when I first saw the score 14-0, and then it was 21-0, and then I guess 24-0 before IU came back somewhat.

I don't guess they've gotten the word up there yet that this man is an offensive genius. :tongue:

I did the same thing...at 24-0, I thought, wow, he's got to be feeling crappy (which he probably did anyway).

Just wait until he introduced the bubble screen, and so that they can completely understand it, he'll run it a few hundred times in a game.

badger
9/24/2011, 11:37 PM
He has some recruits lined up there (including a QB we were after) so maybe he just needs more time.

But yes, some embarrassing losses early on. This and Ball State :(

Curly Bill
9/24/2011, 11:38 PM
People over here always defended him saying: "he directed the highest scoring offense ever." I'm beginning to think that may have had a WHOLE LOT to do with the players he had!!! :tongue:

badger
9/24/2011, 11:44 PM
I have started having weekly vBookie options for Kevin Wilson and Mike Stoops just because it is just so up in the air whether or not either of them will muster a win. Both are in for bad seasons, it seems. The bad part is that Mikey likely won't get forgiven for his, because he's been there awhile and because rival Arizona State isn't looking half bad this year. I'm afraid he might be out if stuff doesn't turn around soon. :(

Curly Bill
9/24/2011, 11:45 PM
Mike should never have left us in the first place! :tongue:

Curly Bill
9/25/2011, 01:27 AM
I have started having weekly vBookie options for Kevin Wilson and Mike Stoops just because it is just so up in the air whether or not either of them will muster a win. Both are in for bad seasons, it seems. The bad part is that Mikey likely won't get forgiven for his, because he's been there awhile and because rival Arizona State isn't looking half bad this year. I'm afraid he might be out if stuff doesn't turn around soon. :(

I watched the end of their thumping of USuC. It was glorious. :victorious:

SoonerMom2
9/25/2011, 01:40 AM
Got home in time to see USC go down to AZ State and enjoyed the last few minutes I saw! They hadn't beaten them since 1999 so it was quite a win. Love seeing SC go down!

badger
9/25/2011, 08:06 AM
I watched the end of their thumping of USuC. It was glorious. :victorious:

I didn't mind vPaying you all for the ranked-falling-to-unranked if it was USC that fell :D

:mad: But dammit Old Man Snyder, you were supposed to LOSE at Miami! Didn't you get the memo?!

bluedogok
9/25/2011, 12:17 PM
It is just going to take awhile to get quality players at Indiana, they are a traditionally bad program. It isn't like he was taking over at a place that had a core of good players like at many better programs.

Soonermagik
9/25/2011, 12:20 PM
People over here always defended him saying: "he directed the highest scoring offense ever." I'm beginning to think that may have had a WHOLE LOT to do with the players he had!!! :tongue:

Your darn right it did. If you put Bob Stoops over there I'm not sure he would have different results this year, either. It's not about the X's and O's it's about the Henry and Joe's.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/25/2011, 12:24 PM
It is just going to take awhile to get quality players at Indiana, they are a traditionally bad program. It isn't like he was taking over at a place that had a core of good players like at many better programs.I heard a rumor yestiday that Kiel might wind up at the domers, instead of Indiana. Anything to it?

aurorasooner
9/25/2011, 12:43 PM
KW and IU lose to North Texas? That's bad. I think N.Texas State along with N.Mex and N.Mexico St. probably have the lead for most appearances in the "Bottom 10". I wonder if the Mean Green fans rushed the field?:fat: If anyone can turn that program around it will be McCarney.
-North Texas is looking to avoid an 0-4 start to the season for the first time since 2008. For 11 straight years starting in 2000, through the first four games of the season North Texas has been either 0-4 or 1-3. The Mean Green's combined record after the first four games since 2000 excluding this season is 6-38.

Curly Bill
9/25/2011, 01:21 PM
It is just going to take awhile to get quality players at Indiana, they are a traditionally bad program. It isn't like he was taking over at a place that had a core of good players like at many better programs.

It's gonna take more than a while, in fact I just don't see it happening to much of a degree with the exception of an occasional Gunner Kiel and so on.

sperry
9/25/2011, 01:22 PM
I don't think you can win at Indiana. Wilson should not have taken that job.

Curly Bill
9/25/2011, 01:22 PM
I don't think you can win at Indiana. Wilson should not have taken that job.

Wrong! I'm thrilled he took that job! :beguiled:

bluedogok
9/25/2011, 01:39 PM
I don't think Indiana will ever be a serious contender for Big 12 title but there is no reason why it couldn't be a decent program like Purdue was under Joe Tiller. Under the current coach Danny Hope (with Gary Nord as OC/QB Coach) they have become pretty pathetic.

agoo758
9/25/2011, 02:00 PM
Even if it was a close one (which it wasn't), still embarrassing to lose to one of the worst teams in the sun belt.

ashley
9/25/2011, 07:18 PM
This is why they hired him.