PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody here from the Mobile area Gulf Coast Sooners?

TUSooner
9/23/2011, 02:51 PM
Ever go to the watch parties @ Spanish Fort?

JudInKC
9/23/2011, 03:06 PM
I lived in Mobile from 2001-2003 and met Murph Murphree who used to lead that group or was involved in leadership. He's a great guy.

When I was there, they met at the Captains Table on the Causeway.

TUSooner
9/23/2011, 03:17 PM
I lived in Mobile from 2001-2003 and met Murph Murphree who used to lead that group or was involved in leadership. He's a great guy.

When I was there, they met at the Captains Table on the Causeway. Murph is still in charge, but I;ve never met him. I get his emails, but have never driven over to Mobile for a game. Mainly because I'm too lazy and would probably need to spend the night. They meet at Beef O'Brady's in Spanish Ft.

JudInKC
9/23/2011, 03:51 PM
Murph is still in charge, but I;ve never met him. I get his emails, but have never driven over to Mobile for a game. Mainly because I'm too lazy and would probably need to spend the night. They meet at Beef O'Brady's in Spanish Ft.

Where do you live?

I never attended a watch party either, though I was invited every time. I had a big screen at home so I always watched at my house, but when Murph found out I was moving away from Mobile he contacted me and we went to lunch. I wished I had attended some of their watch parties because he is so nice. He has some great stories, too. He helped recruit Marcus Dupree to OU when he lived in Mississippi.

Blue
9/23/2011, 05:00 PM
My dad goes up there when he cant get the game at home. He says its cool.

Frozen Sooner
9/23/2011, 05:09 PM
If you want to truck up to Tuscaloosa, you can watch the game at my place...;)

Spray
9/24/2011, 09:57 AM
Really?! I had no idea there was a place to watch football in Spanish Fort. I should try to go home more often...