PDA

View Full Version : Curb Your Enthusiasm

Boomer.....
9/23/2011, 09:41 AM
I am way behind the times, but just started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBOGO. I've only got through the first season and you can really see that Larry David was the brains of Seinfeld. For some reason, I always thought Jerry would have been the one behind the comedy.

Very funny show!

jumperstop
9/23/2011, 09:45 AM
I like it, the new ones aren't as funny IMO.

Lott's Bandana
9/23/2011, 09:53 AM
I love Larry David. Totally get his sense of humor.

Having said that, I can't watch this show because I get so dayum uncomfortable when he gets himself into those Lucy-like situations.

I'd watch hours of his wife tho. Just make me a compilation tape.

lexsooner
9/23/2011, 09:59 AM
The earlier ones were really funny. Larry always finds a way through his big mouth and actions to create havoc - mostly on himself. The season in which he was picked by Mel Brooks to star in The Producers was great. Brooks actually chose him because he was tired of the show and knew Larry David would screw it up and the show would close - sort of a Producers within The Producers - brilliant.

8timechamps
9/23/2011, 12:03 PM
Great show.

DON'T TOUCH THE CABINETS!!!! THEY BELONG TO BIG DOG!

ouleaf
9/23/2011, 01:31 PM
Love it....Great, great show!

rekamrettuB
9/23/2011, 04:00 PM
I like it, the new ones aren't as funny IMO.

Are you kidding? Some of the best scenes and one of the best shows was this season. Palestinian Chicken epsiode was one of the all time best. The back and forth between Larry and Funkhouser was great stuff. And then the Michael J Fox vs Larry...HOLY SCHITT that was funny. Larry's car that made females climax and the last scene of that episode had me roooolling.

lexsooner
9/23/2011, 04:27 PM
The older episode when Larry was at a kiddy birthday party was hilarious. He saw kids playing telephone and just had to join in. He was second to last in the circle, and when the kids whispered the message in his ear, he saw a busty woman walk by. He then whispered the message to the last kid who said out loud: "I like t*ts!" The woman running the game said the message was "I like pigs." and chews Larry out. Poor Larry always gets owned. Curb Your Enthusiasm is old time Jewish humor implanted in modern situations. It's as funny today as it was in Biblical times

Blue
9/23/2011, 04:54 PM
Preety...pretty...prettty good.

Romulus
9/23/2011, 05:14 PM
favorite episode was the one with the Holocaust survivor vs the guy from Survivor

also liked vehicular fellatio

King Crimson
9/25/2011, 04:31 PM
one of the seasons (5 or 6) is pretty crappy, but CYE is solid.

OUstud
9/26/2011, 03:13 AM
I loved this season. I'm going to start HBOGOing the earlier ones, but from what I've seen from those, I didn't find them very funny. Maybe I just saw bad episodes.

"Get a life, Jews!"