PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Really? LSU doesn't have the toughest schedule in the first 4 weeks.

Okie35
9/23/2011, 12:46 AM
I mean I know ESPN has an SEC contract and has to brown nose them frequently but I think Tulsa may like to have a word w/ you, ESPN.

http://i.imgur.com/GKuwn.png

Did I miss something? Oh the games weren't on ESPN or ABC, oh ok.

Eielson
9/23/2011, 01:01 AM
Nobody really cares how tough your schedule is if you can't win any of your tough games.

PDXsooner
9/23/2011, 01:08 AM
You have to read between the lines: anyone with a fighting chance of winning the national title.

It sure seems as though people bashing ESPN watch a lot of ESPN.

oudavid1
9/23/2011, 02:14 AM
Nobody really cares how tough your schedule is if you can't win any of your tough games.

bingo!

Okie35
9/23/2011, 03:08 AM
You have to read between the lines: anyone with a fighting chance of winning the national title.

I watch games it was said during a game(well halftime) and Eilsen its not the fact that they don't care. They were wrong.

Sooner_Tuf
9/23/2011, 06:39 AM
It seemed to me that beating #25 impressed ESPiN more than beating #5 this last weekend.

kevpks
9/23/2011, 07:58 AM
LSU has a championship defense and an 8-4 offense. It will catch up to them.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/23/2011, 08:16 AM
West Virginia has a great chance to win saturday..And still don't understand anyone getting upset with a sports entertainment network that really isnt a sports reporting network anymore.

dennis580
9/23/2011, 08:19 AM
LSU has a championship defense and an 8-4 offense. It will catch up to them.

Actually they have a 6-6 offense.

rainiersooner
9/23/2011, 11:52 AM
It seemed to me that beating #25 impressed ESPiN more than beating #5 this last weekend.

#25 from the SEC is clearly a tougher game than #5 from whatever crap conference is not the SEC. Duh!

SoonerMom2
9/23/2011, 12:00 PM
Mississippi State and Mississippi along with Kentucky are really tough games -- championship if you listen to ESPN. That is why I don't watch ESPN and haven't for sometime -- watch the game and turn it on mute or another channel for halftime.

badger
9/23/2011, 12:14 PM
I agree that Tulsa has, without question, the toughest September schedule in the country. Unfortunately, they caught a LOT of bad breaks and just BAD LUCK:

1- They had to start off on the road against the #1 team in the country.

2- They have had no bye weeks, unless you count Tulane, which you shouldn't because I think that's a conference game.

3- They had a kickoff delayed till 12:16 a.m. Sunday that should have started at 9 p.m., so it was lose-lose whether it started on time or not.

4- The guy who kept their offense going against us single-handedly, GJ Kinne, got injured in that late (or early, depending on how you look at it) game against OSU, effectively screwing them the rest of the OSU game and the upcoming Boise State game.

I'm not saying LSU hasn't had its own adversity, but TU's had it much worse than any other team in the country in FBS.

8timechamps
9/23/2011, 12:17 PM

It's like paying $3.50/gallon for gas. We don't really have a choice.

badger
9/23/2011, 12:18 PM

Which is coincidentally about how much ESPN charges cable companies to carry them ($4/per subscriber reportedly)

PDXsooner
9/23/2011, 01:23 PM

Sure you do. You could watch another channel. Root, FX, CBS, NBC, Versus all have college games. There are endless internet sites and radio stations to listen to. I find it humorous how much ESPN bashing goes on....by loyal ESPN watchers!

I also find it ironic that those who claim they don't watch it out of protest somehow always have something new that ESPN said that made them upset. Interesting, that's all.

Okie35
9/23/2011, 02:45 PM
David Pollack just said FSU outgained us last week in yards. See what I'm talking about.

SoonerInFortSmith
9/23/2011, 03:18 PM
I agree that Tulsa has, without question, the toughest September schedule in the country. Unfortunately, they caught a LOT of bad breaks and just BAD LUCK:

1- They had to start off on the road against the #1 team in the country.

2- They have had no bye weeks, unless you count Tulane, which you shouldn't because I think that's a conference game.

3- They had a kickoff delayed till 12:16 a.m. Sunday that should have started at 9 p.m., so it was lose-lose whether it started on time or not.

4- The guy who kept their offense going against us single-handedly, GJ Kinne, got injured in that late (or early, depending on how you look at it) game against OSU, effectively screwing them the rest of the OSU game and the upcoming Boise State game.

I'm not saying LSU hasn't had its own adversity, but TU's had it much worse than any other team in the country in FBS.

5. They are also missing their biggest home run threat on offense due to suspension.