PDA

View Full Version : Faking Injury

I Am Right
9/22/2011, 04:18 PM
Do you believe that MU will fake Injuries to slow down OU's offense? I think they will.

sooneredaco
9/22/2011, 04:53 PM
That would be a page out of the NY Giants defensive playbook

delhalew
9/22/2011, 05:12 PM
Hopefully they sell it better than the giants.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/22/2011, 05:31 PM
orange aggy has done it to us. In the NC game against FU, the Fighting Tebows did it all night long. It WILL happen a bunch this yr., like always.

badger
9/22/2011, 05:36 PM
Yes, but if I don't make it inside the stadium, I hope the 85k+ plus of you that do give em hell. :D

:mad: ONLY if they're actually faking though!

Boomer Mooner
9/22/2011, 05:49 PM
orange aggy has done it to us. In the NC game against FU, the Fighting Tebows did it all night long. It WILL happen a bunch this yr., like always.

Beat me to it.

cccasooner2
9/22/2011, 05:53 PM
Hopefully they sell it better than the giants.

Really?

delhalew
9/22/2011, 06:00 PM
Really?

Did you not see those fools flopping on the turf. If you're gonna do something, do it right.

IslandSooner
9/22/2011, 06:31 PM
My first thought after watching the Giants put on such a performance on MNF, was that we are going to start seeing more of this on a weekly basis:( surely something can be done??

SoonerOX
9/22/2011, 06:36 PM
I see that bogus injuries are not just a soccer phenomenon anymore. Perhaps give the game officials the ability to use discretion and throw a unsportsmanlike conduct flag? It doesn't curb this practice enough in soccer, but soccer officials have the authority to caution obvious cases.

oudivesherpa
9/22/2011, 06:43 PM
It would be a simple rule change, if your injured and play is stopped you have to sit out not just the next play but you have to sit out the entire defensive (or offensive) slate of plays.

SoonerOX
9/22/2011, 06:45 PM
It would be a simple rule change, if your injured and play is stopped you have to sit out not just the next play but you have to sit out the entire defensive (or offensive) slate of plays.

Good idea...but I would tack on a 15 yard penalty as well.

9/22/2011, 06:52 PM
Good idea...but I would tack on a 15 yard penalty as well.That would presume the refs knew for sure the guy was faking...and they WON'T know for sure.

SoonerOX
9/22/2011, 06:58 PM
That would presume the refs knew for sure the guy was faking...and they WON'T know for sure.

True, but this is also true in soccer. If deemed by the referee to be a stalling tactic, it's a yellow card. It's a judgement call. I see nothing wrong with the penalty.

9/22/2011, 07:08 PM
True, but this is also true in soccer. If deemed by the referee to be a stalling tactic, it's a yellow card. It's a judgement call. I see nothing wrong with the penalty.That's loco! Legit injuries shouldn't be punished.

soonergirlNeugene
9/22/2011, 08:23 PM
I think if someone has an injury that stops play, they should sit out the rest of the series. No judgment call. If they really are that hurt, they usually wind up sitting out the series anyway, and that way the injured players get protected and the fakers get penalized.

9/22/2011, 08:27 PM
I think if someone has an injury that stops play, they should sit out the rest of the series. No judgment call. If they really are that hurt, they usually wind up sitting out the series anyway, and that way the injured players get protected and the fakers get penalized.XACTAMUNDO! I wish they would install that rule in both college and pro football.

8timechamps
9/22/2011, 08:43 PM
That would presume the refs knew for sure the guy was faking...and they WON'T know for sure.

Yep! In football it's impossible to tell if a player is really injured, or faking it (unlike Soccer, when they get carried off on a stretcher, only to come back in as good as new). I think the rule is as simple as sitting out that series. I guarantee it would stop a lot of this crap.

LakeRat
9/22/2011, 10:08 PM
Like the out for the series. Only way to get back in, time out or end of quarter.

stoopified
9/22/2011, 10:20 PM
Like the out for the series. Only way to get back in, time out or end of quarter.Works for me

cccasooner2
9/22/2011, 10:40 PM
Works for me

Yep, if they are really injured, it's for their own protection. If faked, penalized by the time out.

If the kid really gets hurt or tries to fake it when no timeouts are left, tough, play down a player like hockey. :very_drunk: