PDA

View Full Version : Post the new TV shows you're going to watch, and how long you think they'll last

SoonerLaw09
9/22/2011, 11:34 AM
Terra Nova (probably won't get a back 9)
Person of Interest (should be a long runner)
Once Upon a Time (starts in October, 2 seasons at most)

Curly Bill
9/22/2011, 11:36 AM

badger
9/22/2011, 12:10 PM
I watched part of X Factor last night.

I think America is starting to get sick of the Simon Cowell act, but they've invested too much to let it tank immediately.

3 seasons.

achiro
9/22/2011, 12:17 PM
I watched part of X Factor last night.

I think America is starting to get sick of the Simon Cowell act, but they've invested too much to let it tank immediately.

3 seasons.
I saw Simon Cowell on Leno the other night, he looks freaking weird. Botox for sure but maybe some other stuff.

delhalew
9/22/2011, 12:38 PM
I want to know if any of these new shows are worth watching. Ya'll give me a verdict.

I'm still pissed "The Good Guys" only got one season.

badger
9/22/2011, 12:43 PM
I saw Simon Cowell on Leno the other night, he looks freaking weird. Botox for sure but maybe some other stuff.

He admitted to Botoxing. My question for him is if he cares so much about his image, why does he always wear a raggedly old t-shirt on his show :confused:

Jacie
9/22/2011, 01:05 PM
Charlie's Angels - fail

Boomer.....
9/22/2011, 01:11 PM
We have that Revenge show recorded. Haven't watched it yet.

Blue
9/22/2011, 01:24 PM
I hope X Factor dies a horrible fiery death. But knowing America it'll be a hit for 20 years.

badger
9/22/2011, 02:01 PM
First nail in the coffin! Yay!

In what turned out to be a bad case of over expectations, the Fox network and its biggest star, Simon Cowell, posted disappointing ratings for the premiere of the widely-anticipated singing competition, “The X-Factor,” Wednesday night.

The show, which had network competitors fearing that Fox could have on its hands another blockbuster the size of “American Idol,” performed well in an objective sense, attracting about 12.5 million viewers and scoring a much-better-than-average 4.2 rating in the 18- to 49-year-old audience that Fox primarily sells to advertisers.

But the two-hour “X-Factor” was badly beaten in the 9 p.m. hour by the season premiere of ABC’s “Modern Family,” fresh off its sweep at the Emmy Awards. That win was especially significant in the 18-49 measure, where “Family” hit a big 6 rating.

Link (http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/22/x-factor-falls-short-of-ratings-expectations/)

It's not that it was a bad show from the little bit I watched, it's that Simon is so d@mn smug about it. I lol'd fiercely when the Brits got fed up with his boasting about X-Factor always producing the #1 holiday hit after its fall run, so what did they do? Made a different song #1, just to spite him :D

If you didn't hear about this, it ticked Simon off a lot. Linky (http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/dec/10/simon-cowell-rage-against-machine)

Hot Rod
9/22/2011, 03:22 PM
Hawaii 5-0 (4 years)

rekamrettuB
9/22/2011, 03:28 PM
Person of Interest - 3 season...1 without Ben from Lost

Up All Night - 1.5 seasons but might catch on. Last night's show had some pretty good parts

DCSooner
9/22/2011, 04:11 PM
Revenge was pretty cool. Up all night is funny, the writing kind of sucks though. I am looking forward to Terra.

achiro
9/22/2011, 04:24 PM
Up all night works way to hard to be funny. I didn't like the first episode at all, I haven't watched the second yet. Whitney looks hysterical as long as the previews haven't given us all the stuff. 2 1/2 men sucked with kutcher. Two broke girls had some over the top crude type humor that made me laugh but unless it gets way better I give it one season at most.

northspeter
9/22/2011, 05:22 PM
up all night and whitney... whitney has a pretty sweet time slot... i expect it to last quite a while... not sure on up all night yet... the oprah character is a little over the top for me...

jk the sooner fan
9/22/2011, 05:25 PM
i liked Up All Night - thought it was funny

i wont watch Terra Nova - looks too much like Lost - and after watching that show for 7 years and having my heart broken by it - i wont do it again

C&CDean
9/22/2011, 05:40 PM
I have only heard of 1-2 of those shows and haven't/won't be watching any of them.

GDC
9/22/2011, 05:58 PM
Hell on Wheels

achiro
9/23/2011, 09:50 AM
Watched Persons of Interest and New girl this morning. PoI looks to be a really good show. I've been jokingly asking "where the heck are the Jack Bauers", it seems like all the newer cop shows have a female lead. I'm kind of tired of it and outside of Justified I don't know of another "kick *** and take names male lead cop show". PoI may fit the bill. :D
New Girl was by far the funniest new comedy I've seen so far.

northspeter
9/23/2011, 04:17 PM
Whitney could be funny.. but the horrible laugh track just killed it for me...

Jacie
9/23/2011, 04:27 PM
Watched Persons of Interest and New girl this morning. PoI looks to be a really good show. I've been jokingly asking "where the heck are the Jack Bauers", it seems like all the newer cop shows have a female lead. I'm kind of tired of it and outside of Justified I don't know of another "kick *** and take names male lead cop show". PoI may fit the bill. :D
New Girl was by far the funniest new comedy I've seen so far.

New Girl hit the ground running. Kind of like friends with all the girls rolled into one.

POI has a great premise but the acting was stiff. Hope it lasts long enough for the chemistry to develop. Reese was not believable as a homeless drunk and Finch looks like Pee Wee Herman, not a rich genius programmer. The policewoman trying to find out about Reese didn't get a lot to do considering she is one of the top three characters.

Best part of the first episode was surprise twist to make the prosecutor the bad girl rather than the victim.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/23/2011, 04:50 PM
New Girl was good. Zooey has talent.

I also watched Two Broke Girls. The two main characters were good enough. They need to find some decent supporting characters to keep it rolling.

Frozen Sooner
9/23/2011, 04:57 PM
Whitney could be funny.. but the horrible laugh track just killed it for me...

It was horrific.

badger
9/23/2011, 05:53 PM
I tried tuning in for part of X Factor when thursday night football sucked, but NP vetoed it so we watched Netflix instead. Turns out the ratings were below expectations once again.

Simon has to be hitting the panic button right about now.

Jacie
9/23/2011, 06:30 PM

Had to look it up to find out why she was so familiar looking. Her sister is the lead on Bones.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/23/2011, 06:40 PM
Had to look it up to find out why she was so familiar looking. Her sister is the lead on Bones.

She's great in her own right. Did fine acting jobs in 500 Days of Summer, Yes Man, and Bridge to Terabithia.

GottaHavePride
9/23/2011, 07:29 PM
MAn, I don't even miss having TV except for football games.

The chick in that "Fairly Legal" show on USA is pretty hot, though. Former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, or something.

Frozen Sooner
9/23/2011, 08:03 PM
She's great in her own right. Did fine acting jobs in 500 Days of Summer, Yes Man, and Bridge to Terabithia.

And some downright terrible acting in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's hard to forgive her for that.

nighttrain12
9/23/2011, 08:14 PM

Dittos, though I think it will only last 13 weeks.

MR2-Sooner86
9/24/2011, 12:57 PM
I hope the writers of Big Bang Theory can fix things this season. It has seemed to run out of steam.

diverdog
9/25/2011, 06:44 AM
I saw a preview for a new series on stars called Boss with Kelsey Grammer. Looks really good. He plays a big city political boss....kind of like Boardwalk Empire in 2011.

soonerboomer93
9/25/2011, 11:52 AM
I tried tuning in for part of X Factor when thursday night football sucked, but NP vetoed it so we watched Netflix instead. Turns out the ratings were below expectations once again.

Simon has to be hitting the panic button right about now.

NP, you did a good thing, no watching that reality competition bs

soonerboomer93
9/25/2011, 11:55 AM

She's also guest started on Bones

CowboyMRW
9/25/2011, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=MR2-Sooner86;3351936]I hope the writers of Big Bang Theory can fix things this season. It has seemed to run out of steam.[/QUOTE

Really? I loved the first 2 episodes of this season. I think that show has 2 seasons left in it.

Community to me seems to have run out of ideas. I used to really like the show but not a big fan lately

nighttrain12
9/25/2011, 08:20 PM
I hope the writers of Big Bang Theory can fix things this season. It has seemed to run out of steam.

I hope it gets cancelled cuz that means it is that much closer to when Kaley accepts one of Hef's magazine offers.