PDA

View Full Version : Whorns commited to B12...

deweydw
9/21/2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2011/09/21/powers_absolute.html?cxntfid=blogs_bevo_beat?cxtyp e=rss_longhorns

Powers ‘absolutely delighted’ by Big 12’s survival
By Ralph K.M. Haurwitz | Wednesday, September 21, 2011, 10:39 AM

The president of the University of Texas said this morning that he’s “absolutely delighted” that the Big 12 athletic conference will survive and pledged that achieving long-term stability for the conference is “Job 1.”

“It’s been our view … that we belong in the Big 12,” William Powers Jr. told reporters at the Capitol, just before a House-Senate hearing on higher education governance. “We’re absolutely delighted the Big 12 will stay together.”

Powers added, “Getting stability is Job 1 for the conference.” He said nothing is off the table in that regard, including restructuring media contracts and revenue-sharing agreements and adding schools to the league.

The Big 12 conference currently has 10 members, after the departure of the University of Nebraska for the Big 10 and the University of Colorado for the Pac-12. Texas A&M University says it will join the Southeastern Conference.

That will leave the Big 12 with nine schools. Asked how many, if any, should be added, and which ones he would favor, Powers said: “Those issues are for the conference to work out. We don’t have answers to them now.”

The Big 12’s survival was made possible by the Pac-12’s decision to remain a 12-school league. There had been speculation that the University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State University would join. But they will instead remain in the Big 12.

Now who do we get to fill the 3 open spots?

sperry
9/21/2011, 01:24 PM
Of course they're delighted. They can now do whatever they damn well please, and the only program people thought could stand up to them, OU, has no legs to stand on and has to just take whatever Texas gives them and say "thank you sir, may I have another."

thecrimsoncrusader
9/21/2011, 01:28 PM
The Big 12 conference members just need to start scheduling meetings WITHOUT Beebe. They need to get that loser out of there. He's been a bigger problem than Texas and that's saying something!

saucysoonergal
9/21/2011, 01:29 PM
TEXASS SUCKS!!!

deweydw
9/21/2011, 01:32 PM
TEXASS SUCKS!!!

Well said. :twinkies:

OULenexaman
9/21/2011, 01:41 PM
TEXASS SUCKS!!! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

saucysoonergal
9/21/2011, 01:42 PM
Now that is a cheer I can get behind!

Tear Down This Wall
9/21/2011, 02:07 PM
Because we continually hitch our wagon to Oklahoma State and Texas, we'll never be able to do what's best for us.

Lawton4Life
9/21/2011, 02:08 PM
Deloss said he's perfectly happy with 10 schools and the the LHN is UNCOMPROMISEABLE.

Its on the first page of the statesman right now.

Neath a Western Sky
9/21/2011, 02:09 PM
Y'all are on a roll--LMAO now, amidst my disgust and disappointment with the conference situation! Let's go kick some Mizzou azz and win us Number 8!

badger
9/21/2011, 02:11 PM
OSU regents are currently in executive session, but I'm not really sure what they have to decide at this point since it's probably already been decided for them... not saying that to be snippy toward little bro, I mean that it has already been publicly stated that the Pac 12 isn't expanding. Thus, there's no place like home for Poke.

stoopified
9/21/2011, 02:12 PM
Because no one else wants them.

DarrellZero
9/21/2011, 02:17 PM
OSU regents are currently in executive session, but I'm not really sure what they have to decide at this point since it's probably already been decided for them... not saying that to be snippy toward little bro, I mean that it has already been publicly stated that the Pac 12 isn't expanding. Thus, there's no place like home for Poke.

RESOLVED: We will continue to bask in and benefit from OU's success and contribute nothing athletically or academically to the state all while continuing to scorn the hated "gooners."

Sooner98
9/21/2011, 02:18 PM
Deloss said he's perfectly happy with 10 schools and the the LHN is UNCOMPROMISEABLE.

Its on the first page of the statesman right now.

Why would they want to compromise on it? They hold all the cards and all the power, and there is really nothing we can do about it, since staying in the Pitiful 12 is our only option.

Tear Down This Wall
9/21/2011, 02:23 PM
Scoreboard:

-No one wants Oklahoma State or Texas Tech
-Conferences want Texas without the LHN
-Conferences want OU
-We won't go anywhere without Oklahoma State and Texas
-Therefore, Boren should shut up, take his medicine, and quit posturing unless he's willing to grow a pair and cut loose from Oklahoma State and Texas.

That means we're back to square one: DeLoss Dodds making the conference decisions and OU following.

soonervegas
9/21/2011, 02:25 PM
The only thing we can do now is try to continue to dominate.

The real test is going to be when Bob moves on down the road and we are struggling and Texas is up. Going to be harder to get off the mat going forward.

Lawton4Life
9/21/2011, 02:25 PM
Deloss also says that they're probably done playing aTm in football because it will create scheduling issues.

Deloos truly is the cat who swallowed the canary.

OklahomaTuba
9/21/2011, 02:30 PM
Mizzou site is saying the SEC is giving them the finger. Let's get the **** out of this conference, screw the sheep humpers.

OklahomaTuba
9/21/2011, 02:32 PM
Scoreboard:

-No one wants Oklahoma State or Texas Tech
-Conferences want Texas without the LHN
-Conferences want OU
-We won't go anywhere without Oklahoma State and Texas
-Therefore, Boren should shut up, take his medicine, and quit posturing unless he's willing to grow a pair and cut loose from Oklahoma State and Texas.

That means we're back to square one: DeLoss Dodds making the conference decisions and OU following.

BINGO!!

We need to get the hell out of this thing and get to the SEC while there is still a chance. There won't be in a year or two when the big-12 finally dies.

sooner_born_1960
9/21/2011, 02:33 PM
Yep. The SEC is just sitting there, with an odd number of teams.

TheresOnlyOne
9/21/2011, 02:36 PM
This just makes me wanna beat their *** even more than usual (which is kinda scary). I can only hope that our players realize that it is UT that is responsible for this WHOLE MESS! Maybe we'll go out and make the 2000 and 2003 games look like close contests...

Widescreen
9/21/2011, 02:38 PM
So since the Big 12 is "saved", does Baylor allow aTm to leave? They should since Big 12 survival is what they were really wanting.

saucysoonergal
9/21/2011, 02:40 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?u=39714&type=sigpic&dateline=1316632090

Disgusting

rock on sooner
9/21/2011, 02:54 PM
Deweydw asked "Who do we get to fill three spots? I read nineteen sets of "remarks", none of which answered the questions. Kwitcher
bitchin' and come up with an answer. I'll start...how about BYU, Air Force and Colorado State? Or, TCU, BYU and Air Force? Or, TCU,
Air Force and CSU? Or.....fill in the blanks...

soonervegas
9/21/2011, 02:57 PM
Screw it.....

Houston, TCU, SMU or Rice

What did Bob Knight say? Might as well sit back and enjoy it?

Tear Down This Wall
9/21/2011, 02:58 PM

The problem is the idiots running our show have some ridiculous academic pretense about the SEC. Boren won't be able sip champagne and eat fancy cheeses and raw fish in the SEC.

SEC is a beer and bar-b-q conference. Our fans and style of football would fit perfectly into it.

The best football and football atmosphere is SEC. We are the best in football, and should seek to join the best in football.

This AAU talk is garbage. Not every member of the Pac-12 is in the AAU - Wazzu, Oregon State, Arizona State, and Utah are not in it. Yes, Ethel, the Pac-12 took Utah without membership in the crappy AAU.

Every Big Ten school is not in the AAU, and their Commissioner, Jim Delaney, has already said Nebraska not being in it doesn't matter.

It's all baloney to try to pretend membership in it has anything to do with athletics. Tulane is in it, yet the SEC isn't clamoring to add them. Iowa State is in it, yet the Big Ten isn't clamoring to let them in. Mizzou is in it and didn't get a Big Ten invite last year. Big Ten also isn't chasing AAU member University of Buffalo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_American_Universities

It's an organization that has nothing to do with college athletic conferences, or they way they were formed or continue to add schools. So quit pretending it is.

We're the Oklahoma Sooners. We don't need some stiff-*** yankee academic organization to get into an athletic conference.

Our true football equivalents are in the SEC. We need to be there as well.

For Boren and his snobby ilk, Florida, A&M, and Vandy are in the AAU. He's can sip their champagne, eat their fancy cheeses, and raw fish when we play them. Everywhere else, he can be like the rest of us - eating bar-b-q, grilling burgers and dogs, and sipping American beer.

OUNASH
9/21/2011, 03:00 PM
Looks like we are going to be a wallflower. I cant belive after all of this we are still Texas B*t*ch. I agree with another poster, time for this admin. to grow some and get the h#&& away from this piece of crap conference. As it looks now we are going to be in a worse situation playing a mid major schedule by the time they add other teams. Just makes me sick. :mad:

Bonehead
9/21/2011, 03:00 PM
Wouldn't mind hearing a discussion about the merits of reaching out to USF in Tampa. They have growth potential, Florida TV markets and recruiting fields, and they may be ready to abandon the Big East.

swardboy
9/21/2011, 03:11 PM
Tampa....hmmm

SoonerinSouthlake
9/21/2011, 03:16 PM
So since the Big 12 is "saved", does Baylor allow aTm to leave? They should since Big 12 survival is what they were really wanting.

yes
Baylor had said all along that they would release ATM from liability of OU would commit to saving B12

SoonerinSouthlake
9/21/2011, 03:23 PM
Deloss may be happy with his whorn network for TODAY. But as we have seen this thing changes hourly. And whether the whorns like it or not...they are cant keep treating the rest of the B12 like a battered wife and expect someone not to set their bed on fire at some point.

IF whorn has got the leverage back in this situation based on the last 24 hours of development, and intends to give the finger to everyone else, refusing to budge , eventually it will bite them in the arse

Tear Down This Wall
9/21/2011, 03:31 PM
Looks like we are going to be a wallflower. I cant belive after all of this we are still Texas B*t*ch. I agree with another poster, time for this admin. to grow some and get the h#&& away from this piece of crap conference. As it looks now we are going to be in a worse situation playing a mid major schedule by the time they add other teams. Just makes me sick. :mad:

Having Baylor, Iowa State, Texas Tech, and Kansas already gives the schedule an annual C-USA feel. Adding Air Force, BYU, TCU...it just waters the whole thing down even more.

Why a football program like ours wouldn't seek equal competition is beyond me. Annual games with Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State is a huge upgrade from the former SWC beg-ons as well as Iowa State, Kansas...and let's be honest, KSU as well. I mean, if Stoops and Venables hadn't coached there, that's just another blah game, too.

And every few years mixing in Bama, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia...it's just great football! Those would spawn classic games. The best we have now is that if any of our **** ant conference mates beats us it's "upset" news. In the SEC, it's just another struggle between two great teams we just happened to have lost one year.

oudivesherpa
9/21/2011, 03:32 PM

None odder than A&M.

Street Fighter
9/21/2011, 03:37 PM
Not a good first post, but FWIW...

Got this from a tsip 'friend' . . . this is apparently their marching orders from OB today.
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never thought I would mention these words but, in defense of OU, Scott flat out lied to Boren. He was told that they had the votes to take OU and OSU alone. Scott told Boren he really wanted Texas in the deal and they both tried to work on Texas. Scott felt that the threat of OU leaving would cause Texas to budge.

Texas was then told by Scott that he would take the LHN as is, that is when all the reports started coming out. The truth is, it was not a done deal at that time, the parameters were just set. Texas still wasn't sure we wanted to move, but if the LHN was accepted as is, then we were moving forward with negotiations. The next morning Scott tells Texas that we would have to change the name and possibly add TTU to the network. Deal dead, conversation over. This was the second year in a row that Scott tried to change the deal in the 11th hour. In all likelihood, we are done with Scott for the foreseeable future.

So we told OU that if they were going they would have to go without us. OU didn't really want to do that but decided to weigh their options. The PAC 12 decides to get out in front of everything and issue a statement, thus making OU look horrible.

Texas considers OU an ally and we want to be in the same conference as them. I was told last night that we had to figure out a way to "...keep OU from having egg on their face...".

Concerning the ACC and other conferences. We never got further than parameters with any of them. We gave them some parameters we needed to meet and then told them we would get back in touch if we decided to move. The ACC and Big 10 were told that the Big 12 would likely stay together. We did not want to lead any potential partner on, so we left it at that. The reports that the ACC told Texas no were completely inaccurate. There was nothing to say no to.

I will say this, Texas and the Big 10 have an excellent relationship and we could work together if the right opportunity came up. This was not the right opportunity and did not fit anyone's timeline.

The Big 12 is likely to stay together, but is NOT a done deal. There are some serious issues to be addressed. We have the **** issue to deal with even though we are content to let them go. We have an ally who has a bruised ego and we have several schools who are scared to death. Look for Texas to make some concessions, but the LHN will not be one of them.

We are willing to sign an iron clad 10 year agreement to stay in the Big 12 and help stabilize it. We are willing to share Tier I & II rights. There are some other concessions as well to make everyone feel better. However, much of it will be to save face. I have heard BYU is still likely to join once an agreement is in place.

Lastly, as Texas fans (or anyone reading this), it is important to realize that all of the spin against Texas is just that. We leave more money on the table to be in a conference than any school in this country. Texas accounts for the VAST majority of the revenue generated in this conference. We are a good partner and we do not force our will on everyone. We have vision for the future and sometimes others can't see it. For instance, we tried to get a Big 12 Network, but they couldn't see the future. We didn't want Bebee, but they couldn't see the future. Texas is the only reason these schools can make north of $15 million a year in TV revenue. So do not buy into the Evil Texas spin.
-----------------------------------------------

Tear Down This Wall
9/21/2011, 03:42 PM
Oh, yeah...there'd be a good possibility of Stoops vs. Spurrier match-ups in SEC title games. That would be great football!

We'd also get Les Miles back to despise at LSU. Only, because he has an LSU-type team to coach now and not an OSU-type team, he'd win a few.

Screw west coast champagne and brie! Give OU the SEC!

saucysoonergal
9/21/2011, 03:42 PM
Texass=Satan

MojoRisen
9/21/2011, 03:43 PM
We should go to the SEC, Okie Light and Mizzou...

WestAustinSooner
9/21/2011, 03:43 PM
Let's just beat the shiznit out of Texas. Let's run up the score. Let's tattoo McBoy and Assh. Let's heckle their unjustifiably arrogant fans. Let's vomit beer on their shoes. Let's chase them out of the cotton bowl hurling fried twinkies at their heads. Let's paste OU bumper stickers over their longhorn stickers on their Suburbans. Let's stuff potatoes in their tailpipes. Let us hack into the LHN and repeatedly replay Roy Williams causing Simms to fumble and allowing us to score a TD.

Ok, I'm holding back. I just wanted to keep it clean. You all know what I really want to do to them...LOL.....

SoonerPride
9/21/2011, 03:53 PM
Let's just beat the shiznit out of Texas. Let's run up the score. Let's tattoo McBoy and Assh. Let's heckle their unjustifiably arrogant fans. Let's vomit beer on their shoes. Let's chase them out of the cotton bowl hurling fried twinkies at their heads. Let's paste OU bumper stickers over their longhorn stickers on their Suburbans. Let's stuff potatoes in their tailpipes. Let us hack into the LHN and repeatedly replay Roy Williams causing Simms to fumble and allowing us to score a TD.

Ok, I'm holding back. I just wanted to keep it clean. You all know what I really want to do to them...LOL.....

lol
clap clap clap
lol

soonerboy_odanorth
9/21/2011, 03:55 PM
Small thinking. FSU and Miami never did fit all that well in the ACC. Time to start throwing haymakers instead of playing patty-cake.

landrun
9/21/2011, 04:00 PM
Not a good first post, but FWIW...

So, you're saying Texas tried to get a Big12 network going, but now refuse to get in on a deal and insists that the LHN remain unchanged? Sounds contradictory to me.

Oh... and Texas doesn't want Beebee? Then how is a commis that no one wants still the commish?? And why did AtM leave etc...

Fraggle145
9/21/2011, 04:01 PM
Didnt the SEC say the same thing before they took A&M? Not saying it will happen hear, but still hoping we can leave this dump.

humblesooner
9/21/2011, 04:12 PM
Having Baylor, Iowa State, Texas Tech, and Kansas already gives the schedule an annual C-USA feel. Adding Air Force, BYU, TCU...it just waters the whole thing down even more.

Why a football program like ours wouldn't seek equal competition is beyond me. Annual games with Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State is a huge upgrade from the former SWC beg-ons as well as Iowa State, Kansas...and let's be honest, KSU as well. I mean, if Stoops and Venables hadn't coached there, that's just another blah game, too.

And every few years mixing in Bama, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia...it's just great football! Those would spawn classic games. The best we have now is that if any of our **** ant conference mates beats us it's "upset" news. In the SEC, it's just another struggle between two great teams we just happened to have lost one year.

I love it when people talk about strength of conference and describe the B12 bottem feeders as Baylor, Iowa State, Texas Tech and Kansas.
And then compare these teams to Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss amd Miss State.
The 4 B12 teams listed are arguably the bottom of the B12.
Ark, LSU, Ole Miss and MSU are NOT the bottom of the SEC. LSU? Really? Arkansas? Really? Recently ranked Top 25 Miss State? really?
What about Kentucky, Vanderbilt? Would OU not ever get to play them if we were in the SEC?

Baylor is a top 20 team right now. Even though TT appears to be on the verge of falling, they have been a top 20 team since the early 2000's.

I'm not saying the schedule doesn't get tougher in the SEC, but to dismiss the SEC bottom-feeders while ragging on the B12 bottom-feeders doesn't make sense when trying to make a conference-to-conference comparison.

Street Fighter
9/21/2011, 04:16 PM
So, you're saying Texas tried to get a Big12 network going, but now refuse to get in on a deal and insists that the LHN remain unchanged? Sounds contradictory to me.

Oh... and Texas doesn't want Beebee? Then how is a commis that no one wants still the commish?? And why did AtM leave etc...

This is something a nutless cow wrote, I was just pasing it on to ya'll. IMO, Beebe's remained commish because he's Dodds sock puppet. The man should have been asked to step aside when he did basically nothing to try and keep NE bolting from the conference.

AlboSooner
9/21/2011, 07:38 PM
YAY Texas wins again.

SoonerMarkVA
9/21/2011, 08:08 PM
Man, this whole thing just makes me sick. I so wish that last year OU, OSU, KU, KSU, MU, and CU could have put an offer on the table for the P-10 for the 6 of us when ut eff'd the whole thing up. Maybe they take it, maybe they don't. Heck, they took Utah. And we'd be part of that sweet new TV deal and leaving ut out to dry (or in the ACC, if that's not the same thing).

Gah, I can't even think about this crap any more.

marfacowboy
9/21/2011, 08:34 PM
Boren is a pretty smart man, and keeping the Big 12 together is the best thing. This whole conference realignment issue is out of control and contributing to the ruination of collegiate athletics.
Instead of thinking OU "caved," I'd you look at it this way...
Texas came to Norman to work out a deal. They needed OU, and two great schools worked out a deal that's mutually beneficial for both parties. Texas now knows it can't just run roughshod over the rest of the conference. The two main parties did what was best for the conference and for everyone, and in doing so, both schools showed leadership.
Our conference has as many teams in the top 25 as the SEC and more than any other conference.

Plexis22
9/21/2011, 08:53 PM

OU needs to join A&M in the SEC. Screw OSU and Texas!!

cleller
9/21/2011, 09:37 PM
All this because Texas wants the LHN to air their "McCoy-Shipley Celebrity Foursome Wedding" with Mathew McConaghey officiating.
I mean really: Colt-Jordan-Case-Jaxon. It sounds like something the Village People would have dreamed up.
Texas, our at least its male heroes, has gone limp in the wrist.

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2011, 09:42 PM
You all may as well stop hoping for OU leaving.

Texas will conceded profit sharing to the tune of changing tier 1 and 2 from 50% to 100%. But there has never been an issue on tier 3 since no school or even any other conference shares tier 3 revenue.

That said, Boren is coming out as the winner here. He gets his demands met of restructured revenue sharing...Texas cannot show high school games, or conference games....and Dan Beebe will be out later this week (so says cbs).

Texas wins by keeping their LHN and the big 12 together.

AlboSooner
9/21/2011, 10:33 PM
Texas will concede crumbs to allow OU to save face. Having defeated OU, Texas willingly will help OU to save some face with weak PR moves.

I had high hopes for Boren. I really did. And those silly demands...goodness....

I liked it much better when JC kept it all quiet last year.

Join the SEC or stay in the conference of daddy Texas.....

OU_Sooners75
9/21/2011, 10:50 PM
Texas will concede crumbs to allow OU to save face. Having defeated OU, Texas willingly will help OU to save some face with weak PR moves.

I had high hopes for Boren. I really did. And those silly demands...goodness....

This makes absolutely no sense!

The Big 12 conference was sharing 50% of tier 1 and tier 2 revenue.

The demands that Boren laid out, was not just OU's. It was the other original big 8 members that are still left as well. The problem the schools had with Texas was not the money the LHN generated. It was the programming they wanted to have.

OU saved face because they won...and it also allowed texas to come out as winners.

The best thing that could have happened to OU happened!

SoonerMom2
9/21/2011, 10:58 PM
ESPN NCAAF - KC Star: Dan Beebe working on agreement to leave position as Big 12 commissioner

BB37
9/21/2011, 11:04 PM
Screw it.....

Houston, TCU, SMU or Rice

What did Bob Knight say? Might as well sit back and enjoy it?

You forgot about UTEP, UNT, UTSA, maybe Sam Houston State, if we're lucky.

delhalew
9/21/2011, 11:37 PM

Man, you are dumb.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/21/2011, 11:43 PM
Ive always had a healthy hatred for the Texas Longhorns, but it's risen to a new level. No more inverted hookem horns. They're d i c k s. **** you Texas. **** you for preferring a dysfunctional conference with your own network over a stable conference.

**** UT D i c k s

http://www.totalprosports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/blake-griffin-middle-finger-and-girlfriend.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/136/352139864_212e094850.jpg

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1262/59098700nl5.jpg

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8jwxcdrBm1qcozo3o1_500.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Jo7lJoQhtjw/SLjRDsE1GCI/AAAAAAAABsI/_fhtIyhnsI8/s400/finger+WQ+Kim-Kardashian-flip-off.jpg

http://www.themiddlefinger.com/photos/famous/tomb_raider_angelina_jolie.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-05Rttvfg64c/TdLxQV5uN7I/AAAAAAAAAK8/A3hff_Ztt7s/s1600/spies+finger.jpg

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_421000/FF_421148_xl.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_29_shKT4Elw/TSA5HlieUkI/AAAAAAAALXw/-Slw5vssQt8/s400/Weirs_Middle_Finger2-742737.jpg

http://birdsend.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ashton-kutcher-flips-the-bird-the-middle-finger.jpg

http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/x2_2ea5b4c.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UtlZ76fIsnY/TNeJfmHCODI/AAAAAAAAEek/Ft2mbAFsT9U/s1600/the-history-of-the-middle-finger.jpg

http://www.stinkypalace.com/img01/animals-showing-middle-fingers01.jpg

http://blog.photoshelter.com/image/diana_fingeraj.jpg

http://today.ccopinion.com/images/uploads/2008/01/elisha-cuthbert-finger.jpg

Tear Down This Wall
9/22/2011, 03:54 PM
I love it when people talk about strength of conference and describe the B12 bottem feeders as Baylor, Iowa State, Texas Tech and Kansas.
And then compare these teams to Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss amd Miss State.
The 4 B12 teams listed are arguably the bottom of the B12.
Ark, LSU, Ole Miss and MSU are NOT the bottom of the SEC. LSU? Really? Arkansas? Really? Recently ranked Top 25 Miss State? really?
What about Kentucky, Vanderbilt? Would OU not ever get to play them if we were in the SEC?

Baylor is a top 20 team right now. Even though TT appears to be on the verge of falling, they have been a top 20 team since the early 2000's.

I'm not saying the schedule doesn't get tougher in the SEC, but to dismiss the SEC bottom-feeders while ragging on the B12 bottom-feeders doesn't make sense when trying to make a conference-to-conference comparison.

Those are the teams that would be in our division of the SEC, so that's who would be on our schedule. No one said those were a list of SEC bottom feeders. And, yes, that division of the SEC would be an upgrade from what we currently have in the Big 12 South.

Tear Down This Wall
9/22/2011, 03:57 PM
You all may as well stop hoping for OU leaving.

Texas will conceded profit sharing to the tune of changing tier 1 and 2 from 50% to 100%. But there has never been an issue on tier 3 since no school or even any other conference shares tier 3 revenue.

That said, Boren is coming out as the winner here. He gets his demands met of restructured revenue sharing...Texas cannot show high school games, or conference games....and Dan Beebe will be out later this week (so says cbs).

Texas wins by keeping their LHN and the big 12 together.

Boren, the winner? Please. The Pac-12 slammed it in his fat face. This was never a conference we should have tried to join. Their officiating sucks. And, for all the whining about SEC cheating, how long did it take the Pac-10/12 to intervene into the goings on at USC last decade?

Give me a break. The Pac-12 is football vomit. I'm happy they denied Boren and the champagne stiffs who would have moved us into their crappy basketball conference.

Sooner1972
9/22/2011, 03:58 PM
I hope none of you ever go to orangebloods or any of their other sites. Their entire forums are devoted to mocking us, bragging about how they forced us to stay their b*tch, that they're our daddies and we can't do anything w/o daddy, etc.

Bigger ***holes have never existed.

Tear Down This Wall
9/22/2011, 04:01 PM
Why would they not mock us? Our president and athletic director got played by a basketball conference.

Widescreen
9/22/2011, 04:38 PM
I hope none of you ever go to orangebloods or any of their other sites. Their entire forums are devoted to mocking us, bragging about how they forced us to stay their b*tch, that they're our daddies and we can't do anything w/o daddy, etc.

Sadly, they're kind of right. Since we don't apparently want to go to the SEC, we have no options unless Texas is willing to go along.

delhalew
9/22/2011, 04:47 PM
One of the perks of being a Sooner fan is not having to fret about this stuff. Fan bases tired of getting kicked around by us are supposed to talk smack on us.

I grow weary of Sooner fans buying into the narrative offered up by the peanut gallery.

marfacowboy
9/22/2011, 04:50 PM
Boren, the winner? Please. The Pac-12 slammed it in his fat face. This was never a conference we should have tried to join. Their officiating sucks. And, for all the whining about SEC cheating, how long did it take the Pac-10/12 to intervene into the goings on at USC last decade?

Give me a break. The Pac-12 is football vomit. I'm happy they denied Boren and the champagne stiffs who would have moved us into their crappy basketball conference.

He had no choice but to establish a dialog with them. If he hadn't, you'd moan and groan about how he didn't even try. Boren is a smart man. I think he got almost everything he wanted.

marfacowboy
9/22/2011, 04:52 PM

Bigger ***holes have never existed.

I second this. Most of them have the maturity of four year old. I've never seen a more egotistical, pride filled bunch in my life. And they all think they're so smart, yet most of them haven't learned one of the most basic lessons in life: how to treat other people.

FtwTxSooner
9/22/2011, 04:55 PM
He had no choice but to establish a dialog with them. If he hadn't, you'd moan and groan about how he didn't even try. Boren is a smart man. I think he got almost everything he wanted.

Huge difference between establishing a dialog, and then shooting your mouth off saying if our demands aren't met, we're outta here, when you know you don't have any place to go.

C&CDean
9/22/2011, 04:59 PM
You people need to seriously settle down. WGAS? We'll go play football and beat their pathetic asses. All you people gnashing your teeth about Boren being UT's bitch will be eating crow eventually. If you think this is just the end of it, you're pathetically stupid and naive.

C&CDean
9/22/2011, 05:00 PM
ooh ooh Traber/assbeck/Rogers/Blevins said it on the animal ooh ooh

Meh, you people are gullible.

delhalew
9/22/2011, 05:03 PM
You people need to seriously settle down. WGAS? We'll go play football and beat their pathetic asses. All you people gnashing your teeth about Boren being UT's bitch will be eating crow eventually. If you think this is just the end of it, you're pathetically stupid and naive.

Seriously. The reaction from some of our fans is the true embarrassment.

marfacowboy
9/22/2011, 05:05 PM

yeppers

marfacowboy
9/22/2011, 05:06 PM
Huge difference between establishing a dialog, and then shooting your mouth off saying if our demands aren't met, we're outta here, when you know you don't have any place to go.

None of us were in those offices during the meetings. Neither were any of those talking heads at ESPN. And not a one of them has ever run a university or corporation, which is essentially what an athletic department is. I think we should support President Boren and support our conference.

C&CDean
9/22/2011, 06:03 PM
And with that, closed.