PDA

View Full Version : All this realignment talk takes away talk about this season...

The Maestro
9/21/2011, 12:01 PM
...and I hate that most of all, especially since we are number one and have a great shot to win it all this year.

What will happen will happen...and what we know is that the talking heads know very little. The Syracuse to ACC story was never mentioned until done...the OU/Texas and little brothers to Pac 12 was treated like a done deal...not so much now.

I wish we were hearing more about OU exorcising road demons for good...more about Travis Lewis surprise return...the emergence of our young defensive stars like TJ, Wort and Ronnell...the tandem of Broyles and Stills.

Oh, and so I can be a total hypocrite...I'm ready to go to the SEC now. Don't be scared...you eventually gotta play them...and we run from no one. We can't let Texas get control back, but it appears they have trumped Boren when he DID have the power.

Uh...just hurry up Saturday...the realignment talk every day is driving me nuts.

badger
9/21/2011, 12:02 PM
You should vBookie your vCash away to take out all of this frustration. I vPromise that there's no reallignment threads going on Sports Book :D

NormanPride
9/21/2011, 12:59 PM
Who cares? I'm enjoying the ride as much as I can and the less stupid press we get then the less potential distractions there are. I would love nothing more than to have everyone else look up mid-January and discover us champions without realizing it. It's not my problem you guys are reading stupid crap about stuff that doesn't matter. ;)

Breadburner
9/21/2011, 01:06 PM
Who cares? I'm enjoying the ride as much as I can and the less stupid press we get then the less potential distractions there are. I would love nothing more than to have everyone else look up mid-January and discover us champions without realizing it. It's not my problem you guys are reading stupid crap about stuff that doesn't matter. ;)

Ding...Ding....Ding......We have a WINNAHHHHH.......!!!!

CatfishSooner
9/21/2011, 01:21 PM
**** all this realignment bulll ****!!!!!!!!!

saucysoonergal
9/21/2011, 01:22 PM
It just doesn't matter, It just doesn't matter, It just doesn't matter!!!

BoulderSooner79
9/21/2011, 01:55 PM
Not much talk about this weekend, let alone the season. Could be the 4 best teams in the conference being paired up, although I'm not sure about Mizzou yet. Our game plus the OSU/aTm games will be big factors in the conference race.

The Maestro
9/21/2011, 01:59 PM
Not much talk about this weekend, let alone the season. Could be the 4 best teams in the conference being paired up, although I'm not sure about Mizzou yet. Our game plus the OSU/aTm games will be big factors in the conference race.

I'll say this...I sure was impressed with Franklin watching him against ASU. Very calm demeanor and never got rattled even when they were down 14 in the fourth quarter. Sure, Pinkel iced his kicker and blew the game, but Franklin is going to be another in the line of Smith/Booger Boy/Gabbert. I know the team won't take him lightly.

cvsooner
9/21/2011, 03:09 PM
I was impressed with Franklin as a runner and as a leader. As a passer...uh, no. Soft, soft throws. If ASU had a decent defense, especially in the secondary, they'd have eaten him alive on his passing. Welcome to Big 12 play, Mr. Franklin.

OUNASH
9/21/2011, 07:33 PM
It just doesn't matter, It just doesn't matter, It just doesn't matter!!!

Because there is not a darn thing you can do about it. It is what it is. Like it or not. Boomer Sooner and bring home number 8.

Soonerfan88
9/21/2011, 09:07 PM
Next year or five years from now will take care of themselves. The stars are still aligned for #8 this year and I intend to enjoy it.

King Barry's Back
9/22/2011, 04:56 AM
What will happen will happen...and what we know is that the talking heads know very little. The Syracuse to ACC story was never mentioned until done...the OU/Texas and little brothers to Pac 12 was treated like a done deal...not so much now.

I wish we were hearing more about OU exorcising road demons for good...more about Travis Lewis surprise return...the emergence of our young defensive stars like TJ, Wort and Ronnell...the tandem of Broyles and Stills.

I'm going to go in the opposite direction of you. Honestly, "road demons," "surprise returns," and "defensive stars" are the same old thing we talk about year in and year out. I've been following the Sooners week-in and week-out since 1973.

I've heard these "on the field" stories before.

Conference realignment, to me, is fundamentally interesting. As realigment unfolds, the world of college football changes. Schools that were once powerful may become also rans. Today's also rans may become championship contenders.

Based on what conference their schools belong to.

Ensuring that OU gets a comfy seat is essential if you want to see Sooners wearing rings, and I do.

I guess I just see developments that may dictate the quality of OU football for the next 40 years is more interesting than another rehash of turnovers and playing time.

And I agree that it's true that we can't do anything about OU's conference alignment, but we can't do much about whether OU will beat Missouri this weekend, either.