PDA

View Full Version : Roy Finch Question

FlaBama
9/20/2011, 10:43 PM
Since Roy broke so many records here in two years of high school football that it took those before him four years to set, many are wondering why he doesn't seem to be getting playing time. Has he just been beat out by "bigger and better" or is there anything else going on? Thanks in advance.

Soonerus
9/20/2011, 10:46 PM
Not sure but he is a little small...

Boomer.....
9/21/2011, 07:31 AM
Stoops is just saying that he will get his chance but others (Clay and Whaley) are performing better.

C&CDean
9/21/2011, 07:37 AM
At the presser yesterday Stoops said that "we play those that perform the best. In practice and in the games. Right now, the other guys are playing better, but we're gonna be using Roy" or something close to that. He also said Roy is not in the doghouse or anything like that.

cleller
9/21/2011, 07:39 AM
Some of us geniuses here have this all solved.
Tulsa game: gotta get at least one RB seasoned for FSU

FSU game: Nobody that could possibly fumble of miss a block is going out there.

I bet when we get back to Owen Field for a couple weeks, Finch will get his chance. Maybe there should be a V-bet about his number of carries?

SoonerAtKU
9/21/2011, 10:56 AM
I'd imagine with Franks out, we'll see more of Finch in the receiving game as well.

NormanPride
9/21/2011, 11:00 AM
I heard he didn't work as hard as Clay and Whaley in the offseason and the coaches are rewarding those two for their effort.

Also, he's in hiding until texas.

stoopified
9/21/2011, 11:07 AM
Stoops is just saying that he will get his chance but others (Clay and Whaley) are performing better.True dat

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/21/2011, 11:08 AM
I thought that I read somewhere that RF is quite a bit lighter than last season. Is this true? If so, why?

VA Sooner
9/21/2011, 02:46 PM
Finch is great around the edges... very small, very fast, therefore sneaks around the lines.

Whaley and Clay both can pound the ball up the middle... and we needed to show dominance in the beginning of the game... wore out FSU tackles and linebackers until they go some momentum... which only lasted one series, fortunately. They have a great defense... and Whaley and Clay did a pretty good job of keeping them interested.

swardboy
9/21/2011, 02:50 PM
I thought Finch's best runs were up the middle last year.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/21/2011, 02:58 PM
agreed..Finch loses balance pretty easy it seems on toss plays etc while doing his better stuff elsewhere...

cvsooner
9/21/2011, 03:05 PM
I thought that I read somewhere that RF is quite a bit lighter than last season. Is this true? If so, why? Apparently with the injury he lost about 20 pounds, which would indicate diet and exercise program were not followed, which also might explain why he's used only in certain situations at the moment.

JLEW1818
9/21/2011, 03:16 PM
Fire Venables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
9/21/2011, 03:23 PM
shutup

JLEW1818
9/21/2011, 03:34 PM
hi

stoops the eternal pimp
9/21/2011, 03:51 PM
ive missed you sweet cheeks

Sooner_Tuf
9/21/2011, 08:25 PM
I thought that I read somewhere that RF is quite a bit lighter than last season. Is this true? If so, why?

That son of a gun was hanging out with Jenny Craig this summer. Why? Well you see Jenny eats a lot and she encourages others to eat a lot too. But the stuff she hawks isn't very nutritious. It's expensive though so people think its good. So while Ol Roy thought he was doing Jenny it turns out Jenny was doing Ol Roy. You see Jenny is a whorn.

Seriously who here could answer that question? Call his folks and ask them or accept my version for what its worth. It has Jenny's seal of approval.

thecynic
9/21/2011, 08:36 PM
somehow it has to be Wilson's fault.

LVSOONER15
9/21/2011, 08:43 PM
I hope to see him get the ball this week.

Soonerfan88
9/21/2011, 08:46 PM
There were rumors of ball security issues in practice - no inside sources, just heard it on the grapevine. However, that is a real quick way to get benched by Bob Stoops.

Whet
9/21/2011, 08:53 PM
He's listed as KR and 3rd RB on the depth chart

Little Al
9/21/2011, 11:34 PM
Would be nice. Might mean we are way out front.

mightysooner
9/22/2011, 02:28 AM
Roy hasn't been applying himself in practice is what I read. Work ethic issue....

King Barry's Back
9/22/2011, 03:52 AM
Apparently with the injury he lost about 20 pounds, which would indicate diet and exercise program were not followed, which also might explain why he's used only in certain situations at the moment.

If he was hurt, is still recovering, and is still below weight, then those reasons are why he isn't playing.

If he failed to follow the diet and exercise program, while the other backs worked their backsides off, then that is a second, disciplinary reason he isn't getting snaps.

So, if he works hard and gets back into shape, and as we play some more games at home, he should get back into the rotation.

If he doesn't, he won't.