PDA

View Full Version : Channel 4 breaking PAC 12 news...10:30 sportscast....

Pages : 1 [2]

tulsaoilerfan
9/21/2011, 12:04 PM
Damn could the guy writing the Yahoo article fellate the horns any more? Geez

spanielboy
9/21/2011, 12:17 PM
Though, the A&M president did not issue a press release saying we're staying in the Big 12 and will not apply for the SEC this year after the SEC's vote.

A&M worked with the SEC, but technically: the Aggies issued a notification that they were not staying the Big12, then notified the Big12 to what the requirements and fees were to be to leave, and then asked SEC to be admitted as the 13th member. It was after the application to the SEC is when Baylor jumped the "we are saving collegiate football" lawsuit. All of these steps were taken and the public was notified at each of these milestones.

ric311
9/21/2011, 12:40 PM
, we lost Denver but no one there cares about CU.

Ignorant comment. Even if true (which it's not) it doesn't matter.

SOONER44EVER
9/21/2011, 02:30 PM
Is there any way the other teams could vote to kick Texas out of the league? Seriously.

soonerboomer93
9/21/2011, 02:36 PM
Ignorant comment. Even if true (which it's not) it doesn't matter.

I grew up in Denver, Denver is a pro-sports town. I know exactly how much the buffs meant, even when they won they couldn't compete with the Broncos.

SoonerMarkVA
9/21/2011, 03:38 PM
http://m.yahoo.com/w/sports/home/experts/article?offset=0&urn=urn%3Anewsml%3Asports.yahoo%2Cyhoo%3A20050301% 3Ancaaf%2Carticle%2Cdw-wetzel_big_12_lives_to_play_092111%3A1&.ts=1316616207&.ysid=NeMes4jZ11ClrTElTQS75Y1G&.intl=US&.lang=en

Ugh. Ugly read. And from all appearances, spot on.

For OSU, "he ain't heavy; he's my brother" couldn't be any less true.

I think we'll end up regretting not joining Aggy in SEC. Not that the SEC was my first choice, but they are a strong, stable conference, and it gets us away from ut. I have had it with ut. They will be more insufferable than ever.

jkjsooner
9/21/2011, 03:50 PM
I grew up in Denver, Denver is a pro-sports town. I know exactly how much the buffs meant, even when they won they couldn't compete with the Broncos.

And Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, and Washington are almost exclusively pro markets yet you hear network executive salivating over them and conferences choosing teams for no other reason but to add these markets.

It doesn't make sense to me but I guess whether or not it makes sense to me doesn't really matter. Apparently those people who barely know CFB exists still tune in on Saturday afternoon...

LASooner
9/21/2011, 03:53 PM
If the SEC changed it's mind and decided to drop the hammer on making the SEC 16 teams, extend an offer to OU, OSU and Missouri, I wonder if Boren would reconsider his stance on the SEC?

delhalew
9/21/2011, 03:54 PM
If Boren is finally done "California Dreaming" maybe we can get about the business of heading to the SEC where we KNOW the whorns won't follow.

SoonerPride
9/21/2011, 03:56 PM
If the SEC changed it's mind and decided to drop the hammer on making the SEC 16 teams, extend an offer to OU, OSU and Missouri, I wonder if Boren would reconsider his stance on the SEC?

Maybe.

But something tells me he was enamored by the glitz of the PAC 12 academic standings with Cal/Stanford/UCLA/USC.

The SEC counters with Vandy and a bunch of nothing, plus a history of NCAA problems.

He might look at the SEC but I doubt it.

Soonerus
9/21/2011, 04:01 PM
Starting to make more sense now...so much misinformation has been floating around...

http://newsok.com/source-ou-preferred-reformed-big-12-all-along/article/3606281?custom_click=lead_story_title

FtwTxSooner
9/21/2011, 04:07 PM
These lyrics are going through Boren's head right now....
"California girls
We're unforgettable
Daisy Dukes
Bikinis on top
Sun-kissed skin
So hot
We'll melt your Popsicle
Oooooh oh oooooh
"

Mac94
9/21/2011, 04:07 PM
“If they'll all keep their word at the meeting (Thursday), we will have some substantial reforms and substantial stability.”

Read more: http://newsok.com/source-ou-preferred-reformed-big-12-all-along/article/3606281#ixzz1Yci3JYTk

If they'll keep their word? interesting ... because Texas now has no real incentive to do that if they don't want to ... OU's leverage is now alot less. And Dodd's has been very public today that the LHN is not negotiable ... that's not on the table.

NormanPride
9/21/2011, 04:08 PM
That's what I've been telling people from the very beginning. The Big 12 benefits us more than any other league in Boren's eyes. And I guarantee he knows more about what OU needs than any of us, no matter how much we love the university.

FtwTxSooner
9/21/2011, 04:28 PM
Boren above everything else is a master politician. He'll spin anything to make it come out looking like roses. At the end of the day on Thurs, when the concessions aren't nearly what was originally promissed, Boren will still come out declaring victory, even if the end result is disastrous to the university. I can not believe his grand plan was to trust Texas would keep their word.

delhalew
9/21/2011, 04:35 PM
Boren above everything else is a master politician. He'll spin anything to make it come out looking like roses. At the end of the day on Thurs, when the concessions aren't nearly what was originally promissed, Boren will still come out declaring victory, even if the end result is disastrous to the university. I can not believe his grand plan was to trust Texas would keep their word.

Think more along the lines of everyone else keeping their word, and out voting Texas.

sperry
9/21/2011, 04:37 PM
That's what I've been telling people from the very beginning. The Big 12 benefits us more than any other league in Boren's eyes. And I guarantee he knows more about what OU needs than any of us, no matter how much we love the university.

Boren made public that OU was strongly considering a move to the Pac-10. Whether he did that because he actually wanted to move OU to the Pac-12, or just for leverage in negotiating with Texas, we'll likely never know. However, when the Pac-12 publically rejected us, it showed that it was a huge blunder on his part to make this information public, regardless of what end result he was hoping for.

We have absolutely no leverage to get Texas to reform anything. Why whould they agree to tone down the longhorn network when none of the other members of the conference have anywhere to go. When OU kept quiet, they could still hold the threat of bolting over the head of Texas. That threat is now gone, along with any negotiating power we may have had. Texas has reaffirmed itself even more solidly as the overlord of the Big XII.

East Coast Bias
9/21/2011, 05:02 PM
If all the schools other than Texas agree on a more equitable distribution plan for payouts and can also agree to limiting factors on the LHN , and they can all give the boot to Beebe, where does that leave Texas? As far as I know they don't have a veto power.... Hopefully the OU/OSU alliance(does that seem natural?) has another team on the hook to enter the conference when Texas bolts. They will not want to be in a conference like what is shaping up here..

sperry
9/21/2011, 05:06 PM
If all the schools other than Texas agree on a more equitable distribution plan for payouts and can also agree to limiting factors on the LHN , and they can all give the boot to Beebe, where does that leave Texas? As far as I know they don't have a veto power.... Hopefully the OU/OSU alliance(does that seem natural?) has another team on the hook to enter the conference when Texas bolts. They will not want to be in a conference like what is shaping up here..

Texas can threaten independence or going to the ACC, and all the other schools will be left win nowhere to go. The remaining schools are going to have to quietly let Texas do whatever they want, while getting a few bones thrown their way by Texas to save some face.

Dan Thompson
9/21/2011, 05:06 PM
Out here, this is a non-event. No radio news, no TV news, nothing.

The USC lawyers have this sealed.

Sooner1972
9/21/2011, 05:10 PM
This absolutely sucks. If embarrassing our institution publicly and giving Texas more control of this terrible conference than they already had was Boren's objective, then congrats to him on a job well done.

NathanStinson
9/21/2011, 05:10 PM
To inject some levity making light of the SEC

http://www.sportspickle.com/opinion/8071/application-for-sec-membership