PDA

View Full Version : If terrorists are using turbans and burqas to conceal weapons . . .

Jacie
9/20/2011, 03:02 PM
. . . is that not reason enough to outlaw people wearing them in public?

After an incident back in July where half a dozen burqa-wearing men were discovered armed to the teeth with AK-47's and in one case, an explosive vest, Afghan president, Karzai, asked clerics to condemn the use of burqas as hiding places for weapons (as if the simple act of a cleric asking this of terrorists is all it would take to dissuade them from doing so!).

Just today, a former Afghan president who was on that nation's peace council was assassinated by a suicide bomber who hid the explosives in his turban.

Oh, and it is not just Muslim drag queens doing this, women are also employed as suicide bombers. We all know how touchy as they are about it whenever the topic of security screening their women comes up, so it would not go down easily if these things were disallowed by law. However, it would drive home the point that pretty much the entire non-Muslim world is not going to allow religious extremists freedom to use their cultural icons as an accessory to murder.

jumperstop
9/20/2011, 03:09 PM
Why can't everyone get along? I've never had an urge to kill people, much less blow myself up with them.

OUDoc
9/20/2011, 03:56 PM
Why can't everyone get along? I've never had an urge to kill people, much less blow myself up with them.
You probably need testosterone injections.

jumperstop
9/20/2011, 04:17 PM

Explains why arabs are so hairy then....

Frozen Sooner
9/20/2011, 05:56 PM
. . . is that not reason enough to outlaw people wearing them in public?

After an incident back in July where half a dozen burqa-wearing men were discovered armed to the teeth with AK-47's and in one case, an explosive vest, Afghan president, Karzai, asked clerics to condemn the use of burqas as hiding places for weapons (as if the simple act of a cleric asking this of terrorists is all it would take to dissuade them from doing so!).

Just today, a former Afghan president who was on that nation's peace council was assassinated by a suicide bomber who hid the explosives in his turban.

Oh, and it is not just Muslim drag queens doing this, women are also employed as suicide bombers. We all know how touchy as they are about it whenever the topic of security screening their women comes up, so it would not go down easily if these things were disallowed by law. However, it would drive home the point that pretty much the entire non-Muslim world is not going to allow religious extremists freedom to use their cultural icons as an accessory to murder.

Because there's no other article of clothing that'll hide a gun or explosive. None. At all.

soonercruiser
9/22/2011, 11:31 AM

No, not at all! You don't even need testosterone "deficient" balls to wear a burqa!
But, you do need to break some wind to wear a turban.