PDA

View Full Version : Video Editing Help

HolaKyle
9/20/2011, 11:17 AM
I want some opinions on how I edit the videos going forward.

Should I cut off the ESPN ticker at the bottom?

The pros: You don't have the annoying ESPN ticker at the bottom
The cons: The sides of the video was slightly cut off. To keep the 1280x720 ratio, you will slightly loose the left and right side of the play. Also, since the video will be slightly zoomed, you may have a little bit of pixilation.

Example with the ESPN Ticker:

http://youtu.be/9sAQ2U2dAGA?hd=1

Example without the ESPN Ticker:

http://youtu.be/gW-iiIvWeOQ?hd=1

Thanks for your help!

SoonerStud615
9/20/2011, 11:32 AM
I would only say keep it if the video clip is degraded my zooming in. For example, if a certain play needs to be seen at each of the shot, don't cut off the video. But if everything fits fine zoomed in, go for it.

deweydw
9/20/2011, 11:35 AM
Without, I hardly saw any pixilation on my screen. Looks great without. Lose it!!

Lott's Bandana
9/20/2011, 11:39 AM
I would point out that the little score thingy is a good way of understanding the situation defining the play being shown. Lose the ticker, but don't crop out the score, down/dist/time?

SoonerStud615
9/20/2011, 11:40 AM
^Agreed.

Partial Qualifier
9/20/2011, 11:43 AM
The ticker doesn't bother me.

JiminyChristmas
9/20/2011, 12:54 PM
I kind of like it on there especially when you are watching older highlights. Sometimes things happen in the future that makes something on the crawl pretty interesting or ironic.

yermom
9/20/2011, 12:57 PM
I kind of like it on there especially when you are watching older highlights. Sometimes things happen in the future that makes something on the crawl pretty interesting or ironic.

this.

i like seeing old clips and seeing other junk that was happening at the same time

jiminy
9/20/2011, 05:14 PM
You ought to be able to crop the ticker out and still target 1280x720. Then you'd just get a black bar at the bottom, without zooming

SoonerObsession
9/20/2011, 09:03 PM
Not worth your trouble to take it off in my opinion. This also might mean we don't get to see your awesome highlights as soon as we would otherwise. You do such a good job and we appreciate it!

starclassic tama
9/20/2011, 09:10 PM
stop using hinder in your videos is the only help i can offer

sooneron
9/20/2011, 09:19 PM
^ This. And my opinion is a professional one. I hire editors all the time.

sooneron
9/20/2011, 09:23 PM
OK, I should actually give my professional opinion. If the video is more of a highlights of the game like the first one, then the ticker being there should not matter that much. Hearing Musberger sucks much more than any ticker. If it's a music video type piece with a *gag* Hinder song or any other song, lose as many graphics as you can.

HolaKyle
9/20/2011, 09:29 PM
I can give you guys a little bit of background on the Hinder choice.

Hinder reached out to me directly to create the video. They asked me to create a video for their song, and provided me the song about a week before its release.

They aren't necessarily my cup of tea, but it is something I wanted to do to help out fellow sooner fans.

Does that make it any better?