PDA

View Full Version : Texas is Scared of the SEC

Neath a Western Sky
9/20/2011, 10:50 AM
"Because unlike their Texas A&M brethren the Longhorns are steers, gelded pansies afraid of competing in a real conference. The Longhorns, plain and simple, are bullies, and bullies don't like to be challenged. Instead of joining the conference they border replete with ready national rivalries, Texas would rather fly over the SEC and join the ACC, conference of perennial football lightweights. All hat, no cattle indeed."

http://outkickthecoverage.com/texas-is-scared-of-the-sec.php

EatLeadCommie
9/20/2011, 11:00 AM
Well there's certainly some merit to that accusation. I think one reason why aTm went to the SEC is because they knew Texas wouldn't.

jk the sooner fan
9/20/2011, 11:10 AM
for the record, OU has wanted to avoid the SEC because of not wanting to get involved in that "recruiting culture"

saucysoonergal
9/20/2011, 11:12 AM
With what we pay the coach, we cannot afford to pay players as well like in the SEC! ;)

SoonerBK
9/20/2011, 11:30 AM
The thing I don't get about the SEC is how vindictive they all are. Every school turning in all the other ones for anything, and then they all go to the games and chant SEC!! SEC!! SEC!! At least we openly acknowledge our hatred of anything not OU. I guess that kind of fits the southern culture though. Being nice to your face and then talking about you behind your back. Nevermind I answered my own question.

Statalyzer
9/20/2011, 10:57 PM
Good summary by SoonerBK there. If WesternSky's post had any merit, Texas wouldn't have joined the Big 12 in the first place when Nebraska, Kansas State, and Colorado all ruled the roost and Texas only had the 4th or 5th best team in the conference.

Soonerus
9/20/2011, 11:00 PM
SEC culture is scum....please....

Neath a Western Sky
9/20/2011, 11:22 PM
Interesting that Texas appears more popular on this thread than the SEC. Other than LSU, what exactly does "SEC culture is scum" mean? And Statalyzer, I seem to remember Texas beating a Nebraska team that was on a 3 National Championships in 4 Years run for the first Big 12 football championship, in St. Louis.

Serge Ibaka
9/20/2011, 11:36 PM
It's really clear to me that the "SEC! SEC!" culture is built upon an Old-South sentiment and the south's collective delusion of grandeur.

The SEC is pretentious, and it is racist.

SoonerLaw09
9/20/2011, 11:41 PM
I don't think Texas is afraid of much right now, seeing as how they can singlehandely kill anything any other B12 school wants to do.

I *do* think they are afraid of October 8, tho...:D

soonergirlNeugene
9/20/2011, 11:42 PM
pfft

oudavid1
9/21/2011, 12:26 AM
"Because unlike their Texas A&M brethren the Longhorns are steers, gelded pansies afraid of competing in a real conference. The Longhorns, plain and simple, are bullies, and bullies don't like to be challenged. Instead of joining the conference they border replete with ready national rivalries, Texas would rather fly over the SEC and join the ACC, conference of perennial football lightweights. All hat, no cattle indeed."

http://outkickthecoverage.com/texas-is-scared-of-the-sec.php

http://www.soonersportsmedia.com/wallpaper/2010/2010_big12_champs_1024x768.jpg

How is that plan working out for ya?

Neath a Western Sky
9/21/2011, 08:15 AM
It's really clear to me that the "SEC! SEC!" culture is built upon an Old-South sentiment and the south's collective delusion of grandeur.

How is--not was--the SEC racist, Serge?

Neath a Western Sky
9/21/2011, 08:16 AM
http://www.soonersportsmedia.com/wallpaper/2010/2010_big12_champs_1024x768.jpg

How is that plan working out for ya?

Beautiful! Love your comment too, Sooner Law.

brainpimp
9/21/2011, 08:54 AM

So 10's of thousands of fans cheering mostly black athletes representing their University is racist?

The Stupid is strong in this one.

jumperstop
9/21/2011, 09:27 AM
Somebody needs to repost those comments made by the ole miss fans after their BYU loss and tell me they aren't racist. Just because they cheer for them, didn't mean they can't think they're better than them. Which they do....