PDA

View Full Version : I was expecting a lot more idiots in Tallahassee

SoonerBK
9/20/2011, 09:38 AM
Actually, I didnt really run into a single one. People were very nice. A lot of them came up to us, shook our hand and said "Thank you for coming." Several fans even gave us a free beer when they found out we drove the whole thing, which i thought was classy. We had to head back to the promise land after the game, so I went back on water at game time. We were back in Norman by 2:45 Sunday afternoon. Truth be told I bet visiting fans to Norman enconter a lot more Sooner d-bags that I did Noles down there.

Pulled in the OSUcks game drivinhg home to pass the time. That was wierd listening to a game a 2'o clock in the morning.

101sooner
9/20/2011, 09:48 AM
Dude, that's some SERIOUS driving. We took two days on either side to get there and back. If you left after the game Saturday and made it back that afternoon, that's non-stop 80 mph.

Agreed, the fans were great.

OUbassin
9/20/2011, 09:48 AM
Agree....We were invited into several tailgates before the game. Only found one place to purchase more beer where we were at. We strolled through the intramural field after the game and they were still being receptive. I think we finally left about 1:00 am. Really good game day atmosphere as it should have been with the Sooners in town. Doak Campbell stadium is nice and was very loud, but the video and score boards suck.

SunnySooner
9/20/2011, 10:55 AM
We parked at the Civic Center, Chesapeake gas company held a free tailgate for OU fans, so of course, I ended up meeting some folks that had gone to college with some cousins of mine--Oklahoma's just a big small town, and we're all third cousins, I swear--anyway, that was great, BBQ tacos, shrimp, burgers, dogs, free beer/cokes, couldn't have asked for better, they even had recliners and flat screens so we could watch the afternoon games. We walked to the stadium chatting with a group of FSU fans on the way over--we didn't run into any moe-rons, either.

It was a little rowdy thru one section of student apartments, but I'd be disappointed if it wasn't. I even got invited to a house party on the walk home, AFTER we'd won, lol!! Good sports!

SoonerBK
9/20/2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah that was pretty much the story, just stopped for fuel. We all had to be back at work on Monday. Awesome Trip, but would not want to do it every weekend. Thank goodness just 100 miles to the mother ship this weekend.

SoonerOX
9/20/2011, 11:26 AM
Glad you all had a good time and encountered good FSU fans!