PDA

View Full Version : Another SEC School in Trouble with the NCAA...

Sabanball
9/19/2011, 11:09 PM
Guys, I know you're just itching to say it, so I volunteer to lead the chant--repeat after me please--
S-E-C, S-E-C, S-E-C!

There now...was that so hard?

http://outkickthecoverage.com/south-carolina-latest-sec-school-to-face-ncaa-sanctions.php?fb_ref=.TngGQwHusQY.like&fb_source=home_oneline

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 11:11 PM
When are they going to get Auburn?

Sabanball
9/19/2011, 11:20 PM
When are they going to get Auburn?

Honestly and all kidding aside, I dont think they will. There is no money trail and the NCAA does not have subpoena power.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 11:22 PM
Thanks -- I figured that is what had happened.

hornswaggled
9/20/2011, 12:29 AM
"The Whitney Hotel, which you can check out here, gave the Gamecock players quite a deal at $14.59 a night for a two-bedroom suite."

Well, you need a decent place to take your ^h^h^h^hdate mentor on Saturday night.

soonergirlNeugene
9/20/2011, 12:32 AM
ok....I'm no SEC apologist by any stretch of the imagination, but discounted hotel rooms? Does the NCAA really have nothing better to do with its time?

jkjsooner
9/20/2011, 10:18 AM
ok....I'm no SEC apologist by any stretch of the imagination, but discounted hotel rooms? Does the NCAA really have nothing better to do with its time?

This is exactly what they should be doing. Allowing this would just open up a big can of worms. Next they'd be offering $40k cars for $10k. It would be a back door way to pay players.

The NCAA has no choice here. They have to administer the rules as consistently as possible. (Not saying they always succeed but their charter is to try.) They can't say "hotel discounts are allowed" but "car discounts are not allowed".

Even the car thing aside, if you allow this you'll find a thousand boosters who will come up with a thousand ways to pay players using schemes like this.

The rules are clear. The players can't get any benefit that is not offered to the general public. They know the rules and chose to break them.

badger
9/20/2011, 10:31 AM
Bammer man, you better keep Texas A&M outta your conference unless you want tons of whistle blowing. Those guys are the biggest whiners in the world. Yes, even bigger than Fat Phil Fulmer when he turned you guys in when he was just as guilty of NCAA violations himself. You SEC'ers seem to have a good "stop snitching" policy going amongst yourselves to keep everything level among you 12... but #13 has no interest in anything but Aggie interests.

lexsooner
9/20/2011, 10:33 AM
Is it any wonder why Boren wants OU to have nothing to do with the SEC? I think there is cheating on some level at all schools, but the SEC is in its own league.