PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Noise vs Missouri

Plexis22
9/19/2011, 10:55 PM
I think this will be a very loud game this weekend. It's a revenge game, we're #1 and just beat the #5 team on the road, it's at night and Missouri is a decent team. Can't wait!

cccasooner2
9/19/2011, 11:00 PM
No reason not to be as loud as the critters in Tallahassee. Hell, make it memorable and storm the field too!!!

picasso
9/19/2011, 11:08 PM
You forgot to mention Chase Daniels. Let's get 'em!

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 11:09 PM
Don't storm the field or you will lose your season tickets -- they warn you at the game. No one is allowed on the field or else. Plus Soonerfans have too much class to storm Owen Field.

You storm the field when you have little tradition. After we beat NE in 2000, predict that is the last time we storm the field and that was well worth it after a decade of frustration.

Now we need to yell loud and long like we did at TT game. After the last time MO was at OK and we had such obnoxious people in the aisleway, I am more than ready to hang a lot of points on them. Don't like the MO fans that have sat around us in the past -- very rude!

nighttrain12
Don't forget to yell 'Home of the Sooners'!

The Ghost of Mex
I'll be cheering so loud our Defence will be able to predict the snap count.:disillusionment:

cccasooner2
9/19/2011, 11:18 PM
Don't storm the field or you will lose your season tickets -- they warn you at the game. No one is allowed on the field or else. Plus Soonerfans have too much class to storm Owen Field.

You storm the field when you have little tradition. After we beat NE in 2000, predict that is the last time we storm the field and that was well worth it after a decade of frustration.

Now we need to yell loud and long like we did at TT game. After the last time MO was at OK and we had such obnoxious people in the aisleway, I am more than ready to hang a lot of points on them. Don't like the MO fans that have sat around us in the past -- very rude!

The students can't storm the field and enjoy a championship run? What kind of bullshot is that? You belong in Pauley Pavillion. Too much class to storm a field? Bull****ttttt.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 11:21 PM
It is not me! They have warned us ever since the NE game not to go on the field or lose our season tickets. If you want to be arrested be my guest. And yes it is classy to show you have been there. Storming the field against MO? Give me a break!

You used to be able to walk across the field after the game -- cannot do that anymore either.

yankee
9/19/2011, 11:45 PM
I think the initial "storming the field" comment was made in jest, but I could be wrong. Either way there's a greater chance that I rescind my OU fandom than the student section storms the field. wut da effff

sooner59
9/19/2011, 11:50 PM
Been to every home game but two since the '03. Never had the urge to rush the field. That **** is for schools that haven't been there and done that. And isn't that normally reserve for teams that get an unexpected or last-minute win against an opponent of higher stature. That doesn't happen in Norman anymore. Normally every big game in Norman nowadays ends up an ***-kicking.

soonergirlNeugene
9/20/2011, 12:34 AM
I'm going to be travelling this Saturday =(
Hope someone posts a link to a video feed.

MamaMia
9/20/2011, 12:43 AM
I wonder if they'll play 'Jump Around'? I do think that the crowd will get into the game, it being a revenge game and all.

Sooner_Tuf
9/20/2011, 03:40 AM
If we can't get on the field how do you get to the goal posts?

sooneredaco
9/20/2011, 06:50 AM
Student section will be half empty by the end of the 3rd quarter. Doubt they storm the field.

IslandSooner
9/20/2011, 07:45 AM
I was in Columbia last year, when the OU fans were treated absolutely awful all day leading up to the game. Then after the game, when their fans (Nearly all their fans) "Stormed the Field", everybody in our group agreed that we would make it a point to show the Mizzou fans how you should treat visiting fans this year. So I will be welcoming their fans to Norman, offering up beverages, and wishing them a good game. Then after we kick their *SS, I will not be storming the field, I will head back to my tailgate, offer up more beverages and tell them to have a safe drive home:)

DenverSooner751
9/20/2011, 08:04 AM
I was in Columbia last year, when the OU fans were treated absolutely awful all day leading up to the game. Then after the game, when their fans (Nearly all their fans) "Stormed the Field", everybody in our group agreed that we would make it a point to show the Mizzou fans how you should treat visiting fans this year. So I will be welcoming their fans to Norman, offering up beverages, and wishing them a good game. Then after we kick their *SS, I will not be storming the field, I will head back to my tailgate, offer up more beverages and tell them to have a safe drive home:)

This is the right way to do it. Truthfully, this is how we should always be.

Soonerus
9/20/2011, 08:06 AM
Strength in numbers....

SunnySooner
9/20/2011, 08:19 AM
I still don't have my voice back from Saturday, my kids have quite enjoyed the lack of yelling at them, but it's totally worth the sacrifice for such a noble cause!!! So ruin your vocal chords for the boys, Soonerfans, do it for the boys!!!

And BTW, can't tell you how many FSU peeps in Tally last Sat. told me how well they'd been treated in Norman last year, and that even though we'd used and abused them, it had been one of their best college football experiences--great fans, great campus, great facilities, etc. etc. etc--so, nice work, people, nice work!!

C&CDean
9/20/2011, 08:56 AM
The students can't storm the field and enjoy a championship run? What kind of bullshot is that? You belong in Pauley Pavillion. Too much class to storm a field? Bull****ttttt.

Storming the field after beating the likes of Mizzou would be like jacking off to a picture of Rosanne Barr. Tasteless, stupid, and ugly.

kbsooner21
9/20/2011, 09:17 AM
Storming the field after beating the likes of Mizzou would be like jacking off to a picture of Rosanne Barr. Tasteless, stupid, and ugly.

I love how you always state things so eloquently. LMAO!

Soonerwake
9/20/2011, 09:17 AM

Now that is the funniest thing I've read on here in quite some time. Two points for you Deano..

SoonerOX
9/20/2011, 11:41 AM

HAHAHA!

Mazeppa
9/20/2011, 07:20 PM

Rosanne Barr or that chick in the progressive ins commercials. ha

JLMSOONER
9/20/2011, 08:28 PM
Badger, I think we need another poke "gonna beet dem gooners and storm on dat feeld" cartoon series.

AlboSooner
9/20/2011, 08:35 PM
I don't think this Missouri team is worth Tech-like noise. It will be hard to make noise up 28-10 at the half.

Peach Fuzz
9/20/2011, 08:38 PM
No **** em. They deserve to be circumcised with a spork after the crap we had to put up with... Give em hell boys

TheChucker
9/20/2011, 08:55 PM

I would like to nominate for post of the year...pure gold...

GottaHavePride
9/20/2011, 09:36 PM
If we can't get on the field how do you get to the goal posts?

You leave that **** to a professional. Like Goalpost Gorilla.

Speaking of, I haven't seen GG post in a while.