PDA

View Full Version : Kinne injury - cheap shot?

TrophyCollector
9/19/2011, 10:36 PM
Just made it through 3 hours of DVR to see what happened with Tulsa. Was sad, but not surprised to see a filthy poke take him out with a cheap shot out of bounds.

picasso
9/19/2011, 10:40 PM
4 steps out of bounds, push in the back. It wasn't clean.

olevetonahill
9/19/2011, 10:41 PM
Vid?

rainiersooner
9/19/2011, 10:42 PM
Damn Aggies.

TrophyCollector
9/19/2011, 10:59 PM
Vid?
I looked but apparently T-Boone has already purchased the rights to all photo and video of the late hit and deleted it from the Internet. Yo T, I still got a copy on my DVR, call me!

sheepdogs
9/20/2011, 12:22 AM
The OSU player should miss the equivalent amount of playing time as Kinne. Essentially there were two people involved in the play where one player did nothing wrong yet he's out for a series of games while the player who was in the wrong gets to see the field. This garbage needs to stop as a player injured on an out of bounds hit should result in the infractioned player being sidelined just as long as the injured player.

SCOUT
9/20/2011, 12:30 AM
How is that video not available online? Surely there is a DVR'd version that can be shared. I would be most interested in seeing it.

Sooner_Tuf
9/20/2011, 03:47 AM
How is that video not available online? Surely there is a DVR'd version that can be shared. I would be most interested in seeing it.

It's an osu non-conference game, it's a freaking miracle it was televised at all. Heck it was played after midnight so they could show a Div2 game first.

I saw the hit. Yeah it was very late. I wouldn't call it malicious but I would call it potentially career ending for Kinne.

miesvander
9/20/2011, 08:03 AM
It had rained for 3 hours. It was slick. Two players running at each other at full speed. Kinne had about a 15 yard gain up the sideline, and then stepped out of bounds. Lowe was coming at him at about a 30 degree angle from the sideline. Lowe did hit him out of bounds, but it wasn't a helmet to helmet, or shoulder through the guy kind of a hit. He was standing straight up and down, and like I said running full speed on a slick surface, and they bumped. Kinne took a step to the side AFTER they "bumped" and his foot slipped a tiny bit and then the knee went. He fell and then slid on the "slip and slide surface" into the sideline crap. The slide was in the same direction he was running, so the "bump" didn't knock him perpendicular to his run or anything close. It was not a dirty hit. It was not malicious hit. It was not a cheap shot. Kinne would have been fine if his foot would not have slipped that tiny bit. I sincerely hope he just tweaked that knee, and can come back soon.

picasso
9/20/2011, 08:08 AM
It had rained for 3 hours. It was slick. Two players running at each other at full speed. Kinne had about a 15 yard gain up the sideline, and then stepped out of bounds. Lowe was coming at him at about a 30 degree angle from the sideline. Lowe did hit him out of bounds, but it wasn't a helmet to helmet, or shoulder through the guy kind of a hit. He was standing striaght up and down, and like I said running full speed on a slick surface, and they bumped. Kinne took a step to the side AFTER they "bumped" and his foot slipped a tiny bit and then the knee went. He fell and then slid on the "slip and slide surface" into the sideline crap. The slide was in the same direction he was running, so the "bump" didn't knock him perpendicular to his run or anything close. It was not a dirty hit. It was not malicious hit. It was not a cheap shot. Kinne would have been fine if his foot would not have slipped that tiny bit. I sincerely hope he just tweaked that knee, and can come back soon.
It wasn't malicious, it was just enough of a push to knock him down, deep into the sidelines. It was a cheap shot.
You Pokes are coming out of the woods on this one. Had that been Weeden how would you be reacting?

miesvander
9/20/2011, 08:23 AM
The "hit" happened on the white of the sideline. It wasn't deep by any stretch of the imagination. Weeden doesn't run the ball ... ever. Let's say it was Blackmon running up the sideline and he got hit and was out for the season. I would have been pi$$ed, but not at the player. I would have been pi$$ed at the situation; college football games, or any competitive game for that matter, should never start that late/early. Do you think the hit on Shaw was dirty? What if it happened to Stills? Should those two guys that hit Shaw be out of the game as well? Do I think the Shaw hit was dirty? Hell no, it's FOOTBALL for God's sake. Those are the kind of hits fans love to see, or should I say loved to see. The hit on Kinne was unfortunate, but it was more due to the situation than to the Lowe's hit. Oh, and good game by the way. I'm a die hard OSU fan, but proud to see any state university take down the other guys.

fwsooner22
9/20/2011, 08:48 AM
It did happen to Stills and it wasnt called....not many crying on here. Your boy didn't have to touch him at all but he did...outta bounds and after the play.

fwsooner22
9/20/2011, 08:50 AM
Sorry but I just love this from an Aggie....."It had rained for 3 hours. It was slick"

miesvander
9/20/2011, 10:35 AM
Not "my boy", I just cheer for the team. Yeah, I remember the Stills hit now. He's a tough kid.

Sooner_Tuf
9/20/2011, 10:39 AM
It had rained for 3 hours. It was slick. Two players running at each other at full speed. Kinne had about a 15 yard gain up the sideline, and then stepped out of bounds. Lowe was coming at him at about a 30 degree angle from the sideline. Lowe did hit him out of bounds, but it wasn't a helmet to helmet, or shoulder through the guy kind of a hit. He was standing straight up and down, and like I said running full speed on a slick surface, and they bumped. Kinne took a step to the side AFTER they "bumped" and his foot slipped a tiny bit and then the knee went. He fell and then slid on the "slip and slide surface" into the sideline crap. The slide was in the same direction he was running, so the "bump" didn't knock him perpendicular to his run or anything close. It was not a dirty hit. It was not malicious hit. It was not a cheap shot. Kinne would have been fine if his foot would not have slipped that tiny bit. I sincerely hope he just tweaked that knee, and can come back soon.

I stayed up and watched the circus. The "bump" was a shove. A shove into the benches and equipment on a narrow sideline. Kinne wouldn't have hit anything or fallen down if he hadn't been shoved. It was a personal foul and was flagged so it's not a stretch to say it was dirty.

The bad thing about cheap shots is when you get known for them other teams start headhunting your own players. Kinne is a popular guy in Texas, he transferred to Tulsa from Texas. Good Luck!

Sallisaw_Sooner01
9/20/2011, 11:01 AM
It didn't look like a cheap shot to me at all. Heck he barely hit him and it was slick. I don't normally (ever) agree with aggie but he is right on this one IMO

SoonerDood
9/20/2011, 12:27 PM
Wouldn't be the first time they've "cheap-shotted" an opposing player. Eric Moore, Austin Box.

badger
9/20/2011, 12:32 PM
I was asleep, but there is definitely merit to the field and players being sloppy during a game at the wee hours of the morning.

It is extremely bad luck, however, that GJ was knocked out before the Bois Estate game :(

Chiliman
9/20/2011, 12:44 PM
Yea, how did it compare to Damien Davis' cheap shot on Austin Box a couple of years ago?

miesvander
9/20/2011, 01:51 PM
"Wouldn't be the first time they've "cheap-shotted" an opposing player. Eric Moore, Austin Box."
<shaking head>
Yes, OSU recruits cheap shot artist to take out the opposition. Gundy makes a "hit list" and Boone Pickens pays the bounty. We are so busted. :chargrined: I surely hope you guys are just messin' with me. You can not truely believe what I am reading.

sheepdogs
9/20/2011, 02:03 PM
"Wouldn't be the first time they've "cheap-shotted" an opposing player. Eric Moore, Austin Box."
<shaking head>
Yes, OSU recruits cheap shot artist to take out the opposition. Gundy makes a "hit list" and Boone Pickens pays the bounty. We are so busted. :chargrined: I surely hope you guys are just messin' with me. You can not truely believe what I am reading.

Why is it when something goes wrong that it was all part of an ill conceived plan? Are you in need of a bigger cache of crayons.

picasso
9/20/2011, 02:18 PM
The "hit" happened on the white of the sideline. It wasn't deep by any stretch of the imagination. Weeden doesn't run the ball ... ever. Let's say it was Blackmon running up the sideline and he got hit and was out of the season. I would have been pi$$ed, but not at the player. I would have been pi$$ed at the situation; college football games, or any competitive game for that matter, should never start that late/early. Do you think the hit on Shaw was dirty? What if it happened to Stills? Should those two guys that hit Shaw be out of the game as well? Do I think the Shaw hit was dirty? Hell no, it's FOOTBALL for God's sake. Those are the kind of hits fans love to see, or should I say loved to see. The hit on Kinne was unfortunate, but it was more due to the situation than to the Lowe's hit. Oh, and good game by the way. I'm a die hard OSU fan, but proud to see any state university take down the other guys.
The Shaw hit was bang bang. We got flagged. You Poke fans are acting like the Kinne push wasn't a bad play. It was. Sack up and admit it.

Sheesh.

miesvander
9/20/2011, 02:35 PM
Picasso, what are you getting mad about??? I said Kinne was out of bounds when he got hit. OSU did get a personal foul called against them. I'm just answering the question of the original poster, I don't think it was a cheap shot. I agreed that the Shaw hit was bang bang. Any other questions???

Geez.

CowboyMRW
9/20/2011, 03:00 PM
It was a late hit no doubt, but there was nothing malicious about it. If not for the rain then Kinne most likely doesn't hurt his knee. Hopefully he recovers quickly though as he's a pretty good qb.

picasso
9/20/2011, 09:46 PM
Picasso, what are you getting mad about??? I said Kinne was out of bounds when he got hit. OSU did get a personal foul called against them. I'm just answering the question of the original poster, I don't think it was a cheap shot. I agreed that the Shaw hit was bang bang. Any other questions???

Geez.
Mad? I'm amused how you signed up to this site just to defend a dirty play.

picasso
9/20/2011, 09:47 PM
It was a late hit no doubt, but there was nothing malicious about it. If not for the rain then Kinne most likely doesn't hurt his knee. Hopefully he recovers quickly though as he's a pretty good qb.
Good lord. If not for the push out of bounds, into a crowd of people and equipment, Kinne most likely does not hurt his knee.
Are you the Poke version of Baghdad Bob?

miesvander
9/21/2011, 06:22 AM
I signed up to see what OU fans opinion of realignment was. I enjoy reading through most of the threads over here. I have my opinion, and you have yours. We will have to just agree to disagree. Agreed? Oh and by the way, what is up with the PAC12 rejecting us?

achiro
9/21/2011, 07:21 AM
Someone post up a video of it so we can decide what happened.

Sooner_Tuf
9/21/2011, 02:53 PM
I signed up to see what OU fans opinion of realignment was. I enjoy reading through most of the threads over here. I have my opinion, and you have yours. We will have to just agree to disagree. Agreed? Oh and by the way, what is up with the PAC12 rejecting us?

There is no "us". You bring nothing to the table.

miesvander
9/21/2011, 03:56 PM
"us" includes OU, OSU, UT, TT
"you" I assume is OSU
OSU brings nothing to the table ... right

Soonerjeepman
9/21/2011, 04:12 PM
maybe if osu had a better stadium and field it wouldn't have happened...why doesn't boone build a better stadium..one that goes n/s like everyone else in America? then you could add more room to the sideline...again like everyone else..

budbarrybob
9/21/2011, 04:47 PM
IMO it was not malicious in its intent. To me it looked like he hit him AS he was going out of bounds. Yeah he prob knew it was gonna be late therefore intentional. Would not normally had been anything but a "howdy" tap. However, the slick surface contributed to the injury. I say a $100,000 fine and lets get on with it... Oh wait that's the NFL. NM.

sheepdogs
9/21/2011, 05:10 PM
maybe if osu had a better stadium and field it wouldn't have happened...why doesn't boone build a better stadium..one that goes n/s like everyone else in America? then you could add more room to the sideline...again like everyone else..

Where was the game played?

soonerhubs
9/21/2011, 05:18 PM
Where was the game played?

It was played in Tulsa, but apparently OSU needs to build a better stadium for their road games. :subdued:

Sooner_Tuf
9/21/2011, 08:05 PM
"us" includes OU, OSU, UT, TT
"you" I assume is OSU
OSU brings nothing to the table ... right

No No No
Us on SoonerFans is OU or the University of Oklahoma
You means you or OSU or Oklahoma State University
Right, nothing.

Are all aggies as dense as you? Or did "we" (meaning "us" at SoonerFans) win some kind of boobie prize?