PDA

View Full Version : Week of 9/25: Sooner non-football sports

badger
9/19/2011, 09:22 PM
I have figured out a way to include tennis!

Basically, there are two days of invitationals, one for men, one for women. If a majority of the Sooners win their matches on any given day, that would be like a Sooner team winning! Yay!

So, on that note, last week's non-football events are now closed, so I'll go ahead and throw up next week's, which includes everything from Sept. 25 to Oct. 1 (why yes, it IS almost October!)

You can check out the events here. (http://www.soonersports.com/calendar/events/)

Sooo... rowing is starting in October?!?! Well, I'll figure out a way to include them next time.

Remember, the rules are simple! When OU wins, YOU WIN! And if you vBet on them to win both once and twice and the team wins twice, you win on BOTH vBets!

Also, if you are trying to save some vCash for events this week, please note that this event will not payout until AFTER the week (Oct. 1) so vBudget accordingly!

You have till 9 a.m. Sunday to vBet.

BOOMER!

CowboyMRW
9/20/2011, 02:56 PM
Is the soccer game in Norman since the earlier on in the year was in Stillwater? Also, I wouldn't bet on OU to win soccer against us. I think we've won something like 7 straight and are #2 in the nation this year at 11-0.

badger
9/20/2011, 03:01 PM
Do you like SF.com search to see where OSU is talked about or something?!?!

The game's in Norman. I provided a link to the sports schedule in my first post that tells all the event details.

Also, if you don't have your little orange pager go off every time SF.com mentions the Pokes, I'd just like to inform you that I called you out on only betting 50 on your beloved Poke football team. Clearly your confidence in your team being the "2011 MNC Winners!! :D" is shaken a little bit.

The only way for me to be convinced that you aren't shaken is for you to put your vCash where your team is. vBet at least 1k on your Pokes. Otherwise, OSU is going to lose the game. Don't ask me how I know these things, I just do. You should have heard all of the shaken Pokes before the 2009 OU-OSU game who were all like "You guys are injured, we are ranked, but oh man we are probably gonna LOSE!" and guess what? Your negative pokity energy rubbed off on the team.

Do you solely wanna be responsible for OSU losing this Saturday? Because right now, you are! :stunned:

hawaii 5-0
9/28/2011, 09:32 PM
Way to go Lady Sooners !!!!!

Beatdown on the Lady Whorns in Women's V-Ball.

5-0

ouflak
9/29/2011, 07:25 AM
Great win! That ought to show Dodds and Powers and the lot.

But I think I bet on the wrong week! :( Crud.

badger
9/29/2011, 12:37 PM
No worries, the volleyball team has been winning a lot lately. They're almost a sure-thing on vBookie now.

Here, have another Carlee pic:
http://i54.tinypic.com/35n8th1.png

EDIT: Doesn't that pic make it look like she's 10 feet in the air? DUNK, CARLEE! :D

CowboyMRW
9/29/2011, 03:13 PM
I wish we had volleyball :(

badger
9/29/2011, 03:17 PM
I wish we had volleyball :(

What do you use for Title IX? Women's rasslin?!?!

CowboyMRW
9/29/2011, 03:39 PM
What do you use for Title IX? Women's rasslin?!?!

Equestrian?

badger
9/29/2011, 03:40 PM
Equestrian?

HAHAHAHAHAwait you're not joking are you. sorry. :stunned:

CowboyMRW
9/29/2011, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure if it's equestrian, that's just my guess

CowboyMRW
10/1/2011, 12:46 AM
Also, Cowgirl soccer won tonight 3-0. So vBookie made another 65 dollars.

badger
10/2/2011, 11:01 AM
Alas, the men lost their semis in the Baylor Invite for men's tennis on 9/25.

However, one of our guys came away with a victory in the first day of the ITA All-American Championships in Tulsa on Saturday, so I will give men's tennis one win for this week.

The women won six of the 11 matches on day one of the Wildcat Invite, so that's one win for women's tennis.
On day two, they went 9-3, so that's win two.
I'll give you win three, because I accidentally included 10/2's event and based on how well they did on the first two days, they'll probably take the third :)

A hearty ha-ha to OU volleyball's opponents in this week's events, Texas and Tech, which both fell to our top 25-ranked Sooner women. I will give you both "win once" and "win twice" in honor of their 3-2 wins. This team is GOOD!

The men's golf team finished fourth on 9/25. That's too bad, because they entered the final day in first. :(

On Friday, the men's cross country team took first in the Lehigh Brooks Paul Short Run. I have no idea what a short run is, but it's probably like half a marathon for cross country runners :D

As our resident Poke already mentioned, the Cows defeated the Sooners 3-nil in soccer :(

I will vSettle all vBets accordingly. Thanks for participating! The event for next week is already closed, but I will have 10/9 week's events open soon (Hint: Bet on volleyball. They win A LOT)