PDA

View Full Version : New Contract for Stoops

kevpks
9/19/2011, 05:42 PM
A nice contract, certainly. No question.

TULSA, Okla. (AP)—Oklahoma regents voted Monday to give Bob Stoops a new contract that would keep him as the Sooners coach through 2018 and pay him $34.5 million over the next seven years.

Stoops got a bump in his annual salary and a handful of bonuses that will reward him for staying in Norman each June—after the coaching carousel has usually run its course.

The contract calls for Stoops to make $5.15 million in salary and bonuses over the final three years of the deal.

He was already one of the highest-paid coaches in the country, making $30 million over the course of a previous seven-year deal approved in 2009.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-oklahoma-stoops

the_ouskull
9/19/2011, 07:00 PM
I mean, sure... but I thought that coaches usually re-upped after winning something that matters. Is there a "pleasantly confused" emoticon?

the_ouskull

cccasooner2
9/19/2011, 07:05 PM
I guess the rumour that he was going to Georgia was bullshot then.

BigTip
9/19/2011, 07:07 PM
Okay, I'll be honest. I am jealous that he is making 5 mil and I am not.

But, I am now over it, and I am glad that he is our coach and that we can pay him like that.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/19/2011, 07:09 PM
In related news enthusiasm for the University is at an all time high....and David Boren continues to raise money faster than a Saudi Arabian Oil field.

The football is great.... and its ONE OF MANY things that creates positive energy for OU. So keep redoing Bobs contract and him treating him like he's the center of the Universe....its great for everyone...I love it.

SyN
9/19/2011, 07:10 PM
It's great and all as long as the price of my Season Tickets don't go through the roof!!!!!

The Ghost of Mex
9/19/2011, 07:13 PM
Hear Hear!

Boomer!!
9/19/2011, 07:13 PM
I'm happy for him and don't mind this except that my OU tuition keeps going up. I have a wife and 3 children and things aren't easy right now.

landrun
9/19/2011, 07:25 PM
I hope one of those bonuses is a National Championship! :jaded:

SoonerinSouthlake
9/19/2011, 07:40 PM
I'm happy for him and don't mind this except that my OU tuition keeps going up. I have a wife and 3 children and things aren't easy right now.

Tru DAt! By the time my 3 are Norman ready tuition will be my left one, my right one and the little general.

Of course it was easy...anybody could do it!

MyT Oklahoma
9/19/2011, 10:29 PM
Worth every $.

brainpimp
9/19/2011, 11:36 PM

And exactly $0.00 of your tuition goes to covering Bob's salary.

sooner59
9/19/2011, 11:43 PM
I, for one......AM OUTRAGED!!!

...that he didn't get more. :D

Boomer!!
9/19/2011, 11:48 PM

And exactly $0.00 of your tuition goes to covering Bob's salary.

I figured it came from football revenue but if they are making that much money why is tuition going up? Can't some of that money be passed on to the university or does it all stay in the athletics program? It's not like Bob was going to leave if he didn't get a raise.just asking since you seem to know

kevpks
9/20/2011, 12:09 AM
I figured it came from football revenue but if they are making that much money why is tuition going up? Can't some of that money be passed on to the university or does it all stay in the athletics program? It's not like Bob was going to leave if he didn't get a raise.just asking since you seem to know

I can't speak to why they don't use football revenue for that, but I can tell you that tuition at all state schools (whether 2 year or 4 year) goes up faster when state funding for higher education goes down, which has been happening of late.

Boomer!!
9/20/2011, 01:05 AM
L

I can't speak to why they don't use football revenue for that, but I can tell you that tuition at all state schools (whether 2 year or 4 year) goes up faster when state funding for higher education goes down, which has been happening of late.

Now that you mention that I remember reading an article that said funding was getting cut so that makes sense