PDA

View Full Version : Great quote from the Orlando Sentinel...

SunnySooner
9/19/2011, 01:55 PM
This made me laugh...

He's opining that FSU should not take the fact that it was a close game as proof of a return to elite status, that only a win will do that, etc.

But once again, Stoops and his boys sucked the life out of 'Nole Nation. It was like they came into FSU's house, wiped their muddy feet on the carpet, flicked cigar ashes on the furniture and rode off with the Seminole Cowgirls.

Hee hee!! You can read the rest of the article here:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-09-18/sports/bianchi-final-fsu-oklahoma.docx-20110918_1_fsu-ej-manuel-rashad-greene

He calls Stoops the "Seminole Slayer", pretty apropos, I believe.

NormanPride
9/19/2011, 01:57 PM
Heh. I don't think we did anything bad like deface property or disrespect house rules, just like we came into their house on poker night and left with all the cash. :D

Canyonero
9/19/2011, 01:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nyvBe.gif

sooneredaco
9/19/2011, 02:18 PM
Bawhahahaha! Bob the Slayer!

OrlandoSooner
9/19/2011, 02:21 PM
IMO, Bianchi is just a journalistic flame baiter in the same vein as Cowherd. He does it to all the "home" teams.

SunnySooner
9/19/2011, 02:30 PM
IMO, Bianchi is just a journalistic flame baiter in the same vein as Cowherd. He does it to all the "home" teams.

That's probably true, Orlando, IDK the guy, don't normally read his stuff, I just saw this and thought it was funny. He says moral victories are for directional schools, FSU is still far from elite, etc. but I actually disagree with him--I wouldn't call it a moral victory for FSU, but they played loads better than they did last year, they acutally HAVE a defense now, something they haven't had in years, a pretty dang good defense, actually, and while they were probably overrated at #5, they do have a lot of talent, an up-and-coming QB and some very good coaches. They are MUCH closer to where they want to be now than they were in September of 2009 when Bowden was still the HC, with no end to his reign in sight. Not bad for 2 years work.

OrlandoSooner
9/19/2011, 02:46 PM
That's probably true, Orlando, IDK the guy, don't normally read his stuff, I just saw this and thought it was funny. He says moral victories are for directional schools, FSU is still far from elite, etc. but I actually disagree with him--I wouldn't call it a moral victory for FSU, but they played loads better than they did last year, they acutally HAVE a defense now, something they haven't had in years, a pretty dang good defense, actually, and while they were probably overrated at #5, they do have a lot of talent, an up-and-coming QB and some very good coaches. They are MUCH closer to where they want to be now than they were in September of 2009 when Bowden was still the HC, with no end to his reign in sight. Not bad for 2 years work.

I understand where you are coming from and why you you posted it.

Cheers!

stoopified
9/19/2011, 02:55 PM
Bob the "Nole Slayer,also Cow Slayer, Redneck Slayer,etc.

Wishboned
9/19/2011, 03:06 PM

Bianchi sucks. So does Brian Schmitz. There's a reason they call that paper The Slantinel.

pphilfran
9/19/2011, 03:21 PM
First we soil the Rose Bowl...now we wipe our muddy feat on Seminole turf...

Such bad boys...

Sooner_Tuf
9/19/2011, 03:32 PM
I enjoyed it, thanks for posting it. I don't think either team was elite Saturday Night but the defenses played better than I have seen for a long time.