PDA

View Full Version : Toughest follow up game

soonerfromgeorgia
9/19/2011, 12:17 PM
This is a no brainer to me but after hearing some FSU fans say we lose at least 2 as they left the stadium, it got me to thinking.

FSU goes to Clemson Saturday. The Tigers are coming off a big come back win over Auburn and the Noles are coming off a heart breaking loss that they seemed sold out on needing to win.

OU host's Mizzou. One of the teams these 2 fans discussed as being a possible loss for the Sooners.

These FSU fans failed to realize we have Mizzou and A&M at home this season which is a huge advantage OU as we know. Texas games is as it always is, not a home game for OU but not like a normal away game either. OK State is the biggest road game challenge left on the schedule.

Now with that said, we have to take it one at a time and make sure we play our best every Saturday to make sure we handle our business. Can't over look anyone, heck Iowa state is 3-0 I think.

yermom
9/19/2011, 12:21 PM
the Noles aren't likely in for good times in Death Valley

Mizzou fans have to be crapping their pants right now. the Norman revenge game has been a rough one under Stoops thus far.

Sooner in Tampa
9/19/2011, 12:34 PM
I am glad that I didn't hear any sour grapes after the game. Once the game was over, I only heard positive feedback from the fans...now, I will also caveat that by saying...it was the "older" fans. The younger fans just got to steppin.

All that being said...College football is CRAZY and after Saturday night...there is no reason we "should" lose a game, BUT, these are young men playing a game and mistakes can/will be made. I just hope they manage to keep their heads on straight...and TRULY play for Austin. If they do that...it will all work out

cvsooner
9/19/2011, 01:10 PM
Mizzou: moderately tough opponent especially if we're basking in a win, and with Mizzou having had nearly two weeks off.

Ball St.: meh.

Texas: always tough.

Kansas: Meh.

Kansas St.: Beware the Mildcats in Manhattan.

Baylor and Iowa St. may be troublesome, but ultimately we'll prevail.

I'm glad we've got A & M and Tech at home, though Tuberville's Tech doesn't scare me nearly as much as Leach's did.

Then OSewe in Stoolwater will be interesting to say the least.

NormanPride
9/19/2011, 01:23 PM
I just hope the team isn't looking ahead as much as our fanbase is. :D

badger
9/19/2011, 01:24 PM
I dunno, FSU was a pretty tough follow week to Bye :D

I think FSU will be fine. They were tough and hung with the top college team in the country, that I can say without the slightest hint of modesty.

BoulderSooner79
9/19/2011, 01:29 PM
I've only watched part of a couple of Mizzou games, but they look like they have taken a few steps backward since last season. That new QB will probably get some frustrating yards against us just like Manual did. He is a very fast and fluid runner and will get them a couple of 3rd down conversions. I hope we see that "overwhelm them early" type of game, because they won't be able to hang in a shootout.

BoulderSooner79
9/19/2011, 01:32 PM
the Noles aren't likely in for good times in Death Valley

Mizzou fans have to be crapping their pants right now. the Norman revenge game has been a rough one under Stoops thus far.

I'm not sure the Noles have problems at Clemson. Auburn has given up tons of yards and points in all 3 games even though they managed to win 2. If the Noles defense is really good (and I hope it is), Clemson may not be in for a good time.

SunnySooner
9/19/2011, 02:13 PM
I know running QBs have usually given us fits, but with this D hitting as hard as it is, we may see what happened to EJ Manuel happening to other teams who choose to use their QB as an additional running back...i.e., that dude will be watching the game from the bench in the 3rd quarter nursing a big owie on some part of his body. That's the risk you run if you're gonna subject your QB to hits and tackles from this defense, Good Lord, they almost killed Kenny for realz last Saturday.

oudanny
9/19/2011, 02:38 PM
It doesn't much matter what anyone thinks will happen down the road. We just need to take care of business.

AlboSooner
9/19/2011, 02:39 PM
get outta here OP