PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sam from England!!!

SunnySooner
9/19/2011, 11:25 AM
Did ya make it to the game? What did you think? I'd love to hear your perspective, glad we got the win, and your boy Tom played like the beast we all know him to be, I LOVED that tip and interception he had in their red zone (right after he and Harris nearly accidentally killed that Shaw kid,yikes!).

delhalew
9/19/2011, 12:15 PM
Yeah, hit us up, Sam! You must be proud of your boy. Tell us what you thought.

BeaSooner
9/19/2011, 05:44 PM
Come on Sam - inquiring minds want to know....

SunnySooner
9/19/2011, 06:25 PM
They may not be home yet, I'll bump this in a few days if we don't hear from him, hope they had fun.

colleyvillesooner
9/19/2011, 06:26 PM
They are going to the Missouri game too, so they definitely aren't back home yet

cccasooner2
9/19/2011, 06:53 PM
They may not be home yet, I'll bump this in a few days if we don't hear from him, hope they had fun.

Wouldn't it be better to knock him up?

SunnySooner
9/27/2011, 08:22 AM
Bumpity bump, Hullo, Sam!!! Are you there?

NormanPride
9/27/2011, 08:24 AM
Tom's been making plays, so I bet he's pumped.

Phil
9/27/2011, 09:15 AM
He's been holding out on us. Unless there's another British Sooner fan named Sam.

http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2011/09/24/the-tailgate-blog-sam-the-british-sooner-deakin

IslandSooner
9/27/2011, 09:27 AM
What a cool story, thanks for the post.

3rdgensooner
9/27/2011, 09:40 AM
It appears that he hasn't been online since the 14th?

delhalew
9/27/2011, 09:57 AM
Great story. I'm glad you had a blast, Sam. You're welcome back anytime.

sooneredaco
9/27/2011, 12:49 PM
Great article!

KBoomer11
9/27/2011, 12:56 PM
If you guys had tweeter you could keep up with all his travels in Tally and Norman.

delhalew
9/27/2011, 01:08 PM
BTW, that is the same Sam from England, as if there were any doubt. I recall him mentioning his lady is a gymnast

DCSooner
9/27/2011, 01:08 PM
Is this the dude that was dressed like an optical illusion at the Tulsa tailgate?

delhalew
9/27/2011, 01:10 PM
Is this the dude that was dressed like an optical illusion at the Tulsa tailgate?

I think he was around for FSU and MO only.

EatLeadCommie
9/27/2011, 01:11 PM
That's a cool article. Sounds like Mossman has pulled out all the stops for him too to maximize his experience.

delhalew
9/27/2011, 01:28 PM
Enjoy some interesting background on Dom Whaley, courtesy of Sam.
http://britishsooner.wordpress.com/2011/09/06/dom_in_8-germany/

EstablishedSooner1967
9/27/2011, 01:54 PM
Yes, he made it.. I actually met him at FSU hung out for a bit and walked to the stadium.. He and his GF Stacie are great! It was my pleasure getting to know such great people.

LVSOONER15
9/27/2011, 02:32 PM
What up Sam.

SunnySooner
9/27/2011, 03:10 PM
That is beyond cool, I'm so glad they got to do that!!! I bet it was fun for Tom as well, I know he loves being a Sooner, but you can tell from his tats that he's a proud Brit too. It had to be a great feeling for him to know he had such big fans in his home country, a place where few people even know where Oklahoma IS, much less a Sooner!

Anyway, sorry I didn't get to heft a pint with y'all in Tally, Sam and Stacy, maybe next time!! Glad you had such a great trip, and we'd still love to hear your comments when you get a chance. And get Stacy signed up, I'd love to hear her reactions, too!!! Don't be a stranger!!

p.s. That's funny about Tom's accent coming back--hubby says he always knows when I'm on the phone to my mom, I sound like a character from Hee-Haw, while the rest of the time, my accent's pretty mild. I don't even know I'm doing it! Glad to know I'm not the only one, lol!!

AlbqSooner
9/27/2011, 05:39 PM
Nice find Phil. Thanks.

AlbqSooner
9/27/2011, 05:41 PM
p.s. That's funny about Tom's accent coming back--hubby says he always knows when I'm on the phone to my mom, I sound like a character from Hee-Haw, while the rest of the time, my accent's pretty mild. I don't even know I'm doing it! Glad to know I'm not the only one, lol!!

You are not the only one. Used to drive my ex crazy - but for her it was a short drive.

delhalew
9/27/2011, 06:49 PM
Just from having a friend who grew up in Perth, at one point I started copping an Aussie accent when I was hanging out with his crew. I even got a little ebonified when I worked every day with some ghetto black folk in ATL. Bizarre.

Sam.England
9/27/2011, 08:08 PM
Hi all!

Still on vacation so finding a little internet time only every infrequently (Hence the lack of Blog posts when I have sooooooo much to write) My boy Tom had a huge game in Tally, I knew it wouldnt be quite the same vs Mizzou just because of the system they ran!

Literally had the craziest week of our lives that week, such an amazing experience! Really got looked after by everyone and saw so many amazing things. Only limited in my time so a short post today! Will be home in a week so will be putting some more on here then!

Partial Qualifier
9/27/2011, 09:30 PM
^ awesome.

What are the chances that a random dude on an Arsenal message board just happened to be the son of the SID for the foreign college you're rootin' for & wanting to visit?? Lulz

Enjoy the rest of your vacation, Sam

8timechamps
9/27/2011, 11:04 PM
/\ Nice PQ!!!

Pawpaw

EatLeadCommie
9/28/2011, 12:12 AM
Just from having a friend who grew up in Perth, at one point I started copping an Aussie accent when I was hanging out with his crew. I even got a little ebonified when I worked every day with some ghetto black folk in ATL. Bizarre.
Happens to me too. I grew up a military brat so I don't really have any regional roots. Have a bit of a drawl that comes out when hanging with hicks. I've also been known to have Yankee inflections when hanging out with my college roommates who were from New Jersey and some Canadian inflections when I was dating a Canadian gal and hanging out up there.

Partial Qualifier
9/28/2011, 09:15 AM
/\ Nice PQ!!!

Pawpaw

Roger. Seacrest out.
Papaw

NormanPride
9/28/2011, 09:55 AM
Is that really what happened?

Sam backs Arsenal?

go spurs

badger
9/28/2011, 10:45 AM
Is that really what happened?

Sam backs Arsenal?

go spurs

Ah yeah... that IS who they play this weekend, isn't it?

Sam --- if you try out vBookie, I promise to keep posting Arsenal events just for you.

delhalew
10/6/2011, 02:50 PM
Check out some incredibly kind words from our Sooner across the pond.

http://britishsooner.wordpress.com/2011/10/06/oklahoma-stand-up-be-proud/

Wishboned
10/6/2011, 03:03 PM

That was great. I'm glad you had a great time when you were here Sam. And I'm really glad you were treated right.

SoonerPride
10/6/2011, 03:07 PM
That was a great blog about his visit and an even better blog from Sam about his visit.
Really made me happy!

Now we gotta get Sam to make it to an OU/texas football game.

That would blow his mind.

Boomer.....
10/6/2011, 03:12 PM
Cool stuff!

Sam.England
10/6/2011, 03:56 PM

Only told the truth, but something that had to be said!

Finally home after a mammoth holiday! Got lots of blogging to be done (Going back as far as FSU game part 2) and then the Mizz game.... I'll get to it eventually! And hopefully we can afford to come over and do OU/Tx next year if the scedule falls with a good home game before/after that week!

Was pretty great hooking up with Tom, great guy, really honored I got to see a couple of games live!

delhalew
10/6/2011, 04:06 PM
Only told the truth, but something that had to be said!

Finally home after a mammoth holiday! Got lots of blogging to be done (Going back as far as FSU game part 2) and then the Mizz game.... I'll get to it eventually! And hopefully we can afford to come over and do OU/Tx next year if the scedule falls with a good home game before/after that week!

Was pretty great hooking up with Tom, great guy, really honored I got to see a couple of games live!

My favorite part of your visit with Tom was the remarks about how quickly his accent returned.

Sam.England
10/6/2011, 04:09 PM
People around were quite shocked about that, had never heard him speak like that! Was pretty cool!