PDA

View Full Version : i'm conflicted

yermom
9/19/2011, 11:02 AM
"99.97% of cops are bad" or "Tulsa < OKC"

maybe

"99.97 of Tulsa cops are bad"

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704720804576009812869266014.html

the good news is that you hills and trees people will get to foot the bill for your corrupt cops ;)

If the city is found liable for failing to supervise its police officers, Tulsa taxpayers will be on the hook. Oklahoma law requires cities to raise property taxes to cover legal judgments.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/19/2011, 11:30 AM
This is old news. Surprised it made the WSJ this late in the game.

Some officers, like John Gray, bargained for testimony. Three of the five brought to trial were acquitted of all charges, some of which were identified in testimony offered to US prosecutors by Gray. The thought by some is that Gray threw a few under the bus to save his own ***. Speaking of Bill Yelton, I've heard from many that this is the case as apparently Yelton is a well respected officer amongst his peers and thought incapable of performing many of the acts he's accused of.

The true lipstick on this hog is the clown shoes accusations and witnesses brought forth by Janey Duke and the prosecution. No one is saying the officers convicted are being railroaded. Burn their ***. But a number of officers brought forth by Gray and witnesses are as much victim as those wronged by Henderson and Wells.

Veritas
9/19/2011, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

yermom
9/19/2011, 11:36 AM
This is old news. Surprised it made the WSJ this late in the game.

Some officers, like John Gray, bargained for testimony. Three of the five brought to trial were acquitted of all charges, some of which were identified in testimony offered to US prosecutors by Gray. The thought by some is that Gray threw a few under the bus to save his own ***. Speaking of Bill Yelton, I've heard from many that this is the case as apparently Yelton is a well respected officer amongst his peers and thought incapable of performing many of the acts he's accused of.

The true lipstick on this hog is the clown shoes accusations and witnesses brought forth by Janey Duke and the prosecution. No one is saying the officers convicted are being railroaded. Burn their ***. But a number of officers brought forth by Gray and witnesses are as much victim as those wronged by Henderson and Wells.

i didn't even notice the date... being away from Tulsa, i have to get my local news from forwards from the WSJ :biggrin:

i think the TPD must have gone downhill after my grandpa retired

Tulsa_Fireman
9/19/2011, 11:53 AM
This is NOT a shot at your grandpa, but I'd be willing to bet it hasn't changed a lick.

Two dirty cops. Amongst what, 800+ authorized strength? It hasn't changed because our officers still get it, just like back then. It's about taking care of our lady Tulsa. Even when Dewey is demanding quotas that aren't quotas, handing out pink slips, and being a first class ******.