PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul thing

badger
9/19/2011, 08:47 AM
Watch it here. (http://www.kitv.com/r-video/29165067/detail.html)

I am disappointed that you all haven't been discussing it already. I was paying attention to college football so much leading up to this weekend that I ignored this and my liberal neighbor had a "gotcha" moment when pointing it out.

It is the discussion of many recent editorials, political cartoons, blogs, you name it. And they're all latching onto the initial response and audience reaction, rather than Paul finishing his answer.

If you didn't bother to watch, here's what happened in a nutshell:

CNN gotcha: Ron Paul, if a 30-year-old man with a good job chooses to not have health care and winds up needing health care, who should pay?

Paul: People have a responsibility to themselves and should know the risks...

(applause)

CNN gotcha: Are you saying that society should just let him die?

Paul (immediately): No! ...

Audience guy: YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul then went on to explain that he was a doctor in the 60s before there was medicare and worked at a hospital in San Antonio that never, ever turned anyone anyway and people relied on family and friends and charity to help pay if they couldn't, and that bureaucracy has caused people to not take care of themselves and each other, but just rely on the government for everything.

Thoughts?

JohnnyMack
9/19/2011, 02:08 PM
I thought his response was perfectly in keeping with his ideology. I thought the person screaming "Yeah!!!" was way out of line. I think these CNN debates suck and are avoiding serious discussions.

jk the sooner fan
9/19/2011, 02:10 PM
i thought the look on his face was very telling

and not good for his campaign

just awful

JohnnyMack
9/19/2011, 02:30 PM
Here's the video, Badger's link has AIDS, don't click it.

b4Am2bWQRNw

badger
9/19/2011, 04:54 PM
Sorry about the AIDS link, I just googled it and that was one of the first ones that popped up. :D