PDA

View Full Version : Do you really want saxet to go with us?

SoonerKnight
9/19/2011, 02:54 AM
Really? Do we really need saxet to go to the Pac-16 with us? They were in the SWC for years and we still played them as non-conference! What do ya'll think?

ouflak
9/19/2011, 03:04 AM
If they are in as equals to everybody else in the conference revenue-wise, why not? They are consistently good competition. They bring big TV markets and loads of knowledgeable fans. And they are a built-in rival with us, which frees up an OOC game. I've got no problem with any of that as long as the revenues are shared equally. Otherwise, I don't want them within a thousand miles of my new conference home (a real possibility if we end up in the PAC). Anything unequal would just tear that conference apart too. Not interested.

SoonerKnight
9/19/2011, 03:07 AM
That's what I am thinking is going to happen! Saxet has gotten too greedy for their own good! The RRR is bigger than a conference we will still play that game no matter what! Everyone knows that! Ithink the ultimate win would be to say know to saxet and let them go somewhere else! The arrogance is astounding!

WA. Sooner
9/19/2011, 04:42 AM
Get rid of the LHN they can come and play, otherwise find a diffrent home for the greedy *** us before the conference because were texas

Sooner_Tuf
9/19/2011, 05:09 AM
I don't really care either way. I don't think they will stay if they don't get special treatment though. Afterall they are Texas damnit!

Soonermagik
9/19/2011, 07:41 AM
I want them to come!! Who else will we beat up in October? To me, it's one of the greatest rivalry games left in sports. I know we could continue the rivalry, but I doubt it would have the same meaning out of conference.

cleller
9/19/2011, 07:50 AM
If I had to choose, I'd let them twist in the wind, just for spite. The national stage of the Cotton Bowl battle is fun, though. Seeing that stadium split down the middle, the TV coverage on a nice fall afternoon. Guess we take it for granted.

SoonerMom2
9/19/2011, 08:34 AM
I said go elsewhere because they are still trying to negotiate on the LHN and Scott has said PAC regional network or you are not coming to the PAC. With their arrogance they are bad for any conference although I have more faith that the PAC will tell TX to sit down and shut up if they get out of hand. Their arrogance today knows no bounds and they think they can just pick where they want to go and that's it. Think Dodd's is the real problem.

PLaw
9/19/2011, 08:39 AM
Not only NO, but HELL NO.

All revenue sharing would need to be equal and the TLN?LHN has to go for anybody to even consider allowing this vermin into their conference. Beebe was owned by Deloss and Powers which allowed * to get to an unlevel playing level. Problem is, * thinks the field is level.

BOOMER

stoopified
9/19/2011, 08:42 AM
Moreso than little brother. We lose something if we were unable to fit UT into OUr ooc if we are in seperate Conferences.If we are seperated from T.Boone Stae and unable to play,oh well. For oSu that would be catastrophic.

OU GENO
9/19/2011, 08:50 AM
They would be just another team in the Pac 16.

NCSooner18
9/19/2011, 10:11 AM
I still think it would be funny for texas to go the sec. Just to watch atm bang their heads against a wall.

En_Fuego
9/19/2011, 10:17 AM
I really enjoyed the FSU game. I'm sure we could play just about anyone the 2nd Saturday in October. If we could find top 25 teams to play that 2nd Saturday I say TUCK FEXAS

En_Fuego
9/19/2011, 10:18 AM
I still think it would be funny for texas to go the sec. Just to watch atm bang their heads against a wall.

"THE HORROR"