PDA

View Full Version : Ronell Lewis is a BIG DEAL!

OUVarsityXV
9/18/2011, 08:27 PM
I was freaking out when this kid was not going to play. It was ruining my life. I would check all the blogs incessantly looking for any piece of good news. I was so relieved when he turned out to be eligible. So I was really shocked at some people's ambivalence about him. Well I am sure glad he is eligible because he has is off to a DOMINANT start. I understand people were concerned about his ability to transition to DE. People also pointed out that he gained his fan-fave status too quickly, and that he was only relevant on special teams. Well has has certainly earned his keep these last two games. 15 tackles, 4 tfl, 1.5 sacks. He has been terrific and our defensive line is really coming on right now. R.J. Washington has been looking good too. So anyways I guess the point of this post was to make me feel better about my obsessive behavior about him. Now bow before the might Ronnell. Or he shall lay his hammer upon thee!!!!

85sooners
9/18/2011, 08:44 PM
Quote Originally Posted by CBUS_SOONER View Post
HAHAHA!!!!So Dusty said he looks good in practice he must be great... I got ya!!! When did you start playing sports? Not saying he is bad or anything... Just a lot of hype for a player that has had a couple nice hits on special teams.

soonerstan56
9/18/2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah, the Wort kid ain't too bad either.

Stan

delhalew
9/18/2011, 08:50 PM
I wouldn't call it ambivalence. It's more of a matter of "I can't take his classes for him, and I can't make the Clearing House get off their asses...so". What? Am I gonna have a **** fit about it? If we are lucky he plays. I'm glad he's playing.

LVSOONER15
9/18/2011, 08:51 PM
I was also one of those people always checking in if there was new info on his eligibility. Boy am I glad he is here.

srweinbe
9/18/2011, 08:51 PM
re-watched the game and he was always in the backfield making plays

8timechamps
9/18/2011, 09:10 PM
What's most amazing to me about Ronnell is how well he has adjusted to DE. He was a big boy coming out of high school, but he wasn't Oklahoma Defensive End big. I remember watching him the the Army All American game, and thinking "this kid is going to be a great linebacker"...he's gotten just a tiny bit bigger:

High School Running Back/Linebacker Ronnell:

Oklahoma Defensive End Ronnell (and this was last year):

Sooner_Tuf
9/18/2011, 09:14 PM
The Hammer makes me smile. I wish great things for this young man.

hawaii 5-0
9/18/2011, 09:17 PM
I hope the question of his future elegibility never comes up.

5-0

FirstandGoal
9/18/2011, 09:46 PM
I remember thanking the eligibility Gods a couple of times last night. :excitement:

BeaSooner
9/18/2011, 11:52 PM
I'm REALLY glad this guy is on our team. I have some Hammer love.

picasso
9/18/2011, 11:54 PM
He also tipped the ball on that last INT.

sooneredaco
9/18/2011, 11:56 PM
OUr defense is really coming together

BigJerm7
9/19/2011, 05:15 AM
Ruining your life?

GameWarden
9/19/2011, 06:12 AM
No doubt in my mind that Ronnell is a difference maker. I had no doubt before the season. I did get pretty tired of hearing people ask about his eligibility every day. Like asking about it would change anything.

GottaHavePride
9/19/2011, 08:08 AM
1. Yeah, Ronnell Lewis is a pretty good player.
2. If concerns over the eligibility of one of our players are "ruining your life" I suggest you back away from the keyboard and go interact with a live human or two. Go on a date, or something. Sheesh. Emo much?

sooner518
9/19/2011, 08:47 AM
i will admit that I thought he was a little overhyped coming into the season. mainly because he had really only played well at DE for a couple of games before this season. Obviosuly we knew he was a big hitter and had all they physical tools to be a great DE, but he had never actually produced a whole lot. Two games in, Im really impressed with how much pressure our D line is getting, especially Ronnell and Frank.

C&CDean
9/19/2011, 08:52 AM
I saw Ronnell at the hotel before the Tulsa game right after a team meeting. Dude is effing huge. I don't say that about too many players, but Ronnell looked like a Greek God in the tight t-shirt he was wearing. Effing huge.

CBUS_SOONER
9/19/2011, 09:20 AM
Quote Originally Posted by CBUS_SOONER View Post
HAHAHA!!!!So Dusty said he looks good in practice he must be great... I got ya!!! When did you start playing sports? Not saying he is bad or anything... Just a lot of hype for a player that has had a couple nice hits on special teams.

85, never said he was a terrible player... just said he was unproven... which he was. He is proven himself with his play on the field the first two games. Move on

King Fuzzy
9/19/2011, 09:22 AM
Ruining your life?

Right????

Sooners78
9/19/2011, 09:34 AM
Along with Wort, he was one of the biggest keys to the win. I like him much better at end than at linebacker. Very impressed with the defense except for one play.

King Fuzzy
9/19/2011, 09:45 AM
I think the other Lewis was also one of the biggest keys to the win. The D got a huge boost from having their leader back on the field.

BoulderSooner79
9/19/2011, 10:02 AM
I was also happy to see contributions from both King and Washington from that DE position. Depth is a good thing.

OUVarsityXV
9/19/2011, 10:16 AM
You guys are a little too literal sometimes on this site. I am sure no one has ever exaggerated when talking about the Sooners right? By "ruining my life" I am of course speaking hyperbolically. I have a g/f and I am in sales so I am constantly interacting with people and some would say communication is my best quality. Stop trying to clown on people when I am obviously having fun on a message board. Too many people are too serious on this thing.

CarolinaSoonerFan
9/19/2011, 12:30 PM
I'm just glad he's still around to lay the smack down on kick returners.

Landthief 1972
9/19/2011, 01:04 PM
Ironically, there are some Pokie fans on newsok claiming that an OU coach was reading Ronell the questions, ala The Blind Side. I told them I had 2 words for them: Dexter Manley.

Got quiet after that...until they called us goons for our "dirty hits." So I mentioned their goon who raped a 12-year-old girl and still got to keep his scholarship, AND...crickets chirping.

Pokies have fantastic selective memory.

winout
9/19/2011, 01:05 PM
Love watching him play. Hope he lights up McCoy Jr. a few times.

King Fuzzy
9/19/2011, 01:36 PM
You guys are a little too literal sometimes on this site. I am sure no one has ever exaggerated when talking about the Sooners right? By "ruining my life" I am of course speaking hyperbolically. I have a g/f and I am in sales so I am constantly interacting with people and some would say communication is my best quality. Stop trying to clown on people when I am obviously having fun on a message board. Too many people are too serious on this thing.

http://blagotube.onehourparkingshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/internet_serious_mf_business.jpg

picasso
9/19/2011, 01:39 PM
Ironically, there are some Pokie fans on newsok claiming that an OU coach was reading Ronell the questions, ala The Blind Side. I told them I had 2 words for them: Dexter Manley.

Got quiet after that...until they called us goons for our "dirty hits." So I mentioned their goon who raped a 12-year-old girl and still got to keep his scholarship, AND...crickets chirping.

Pokies have fantastic selective memory.
Tell the pokes to go back and watch last year's ou/oSu game. See the hit put on James Hanna just before halftime inside the redzone. It was a pure helmet to helmet hit.

NormanPride
9/19/2011, 01:54 PM
Or the cheap shot that took out Austin Box when we played there in 2008? You can look forward to a ton of dirty play when they face us.

stoopified
9/19/2011, 02:59 PM
Maybe the coaches DID know what they were doing moving him to DE.

BeaSooner
9/19/2011, 06:05 PM

Ok, now you're trying too hard. Should have just went with "GFY"

tulsaoilerfan
9/20/2011, 03:47 PM
Ronnell is huge; i would hate to get hit by him so i'm always VERY nice when i see him around town lol