PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from Tallahassee! Congratulations on the victory...

NoleMan
9/18/2011, 05:46 PM
Man, I had no idea it would be that close. Thought we'd lose by a couple of touchdowns. We all actually thought we might pull it out there midway through the 4th. Our D was rocking. As was Doak. Never heard it that loud before.

Seems like Sooner fans there had a good time there. We interacted with many, offering food,drinks and travel advice. I learned real quick to ingratiate myself by yelling "Boomer" if I saw one. Always got some smiles, and actual 2 beers from a traveling group of students.

Oh well. The series is over. Wish we could play again. Next time might just be the charm.

C&CDean
9/18/2011, 05:51 PM
Your team is a lot better than I expected. Congrats on a great game.

Soonermagik
9/18/2011, 06:23 PM
It was a great game. FSU's defense has gotten a lot better. I think FSU is a year or two away from a national title.

CBUS_SOONER
9/18/2011, 06:24 PM
rematch in january:fat:

Boomer.....
9/18/2011, 06:26 PM
Very good and hard fought game.

sooneredaco
9/18/2011, 06:36 PM
Yea i walked away from that game impressed with both teams

lexsooner
9/18/2011, 07:07 PM
Man, I had no idea it would be that close. Thought we'd lose by a couple of touchdowns. We all actually thought we might pull it out there midway through the 4th. Our D was rocking. As was Doak. Never heard it that loud before.

Seems like Sooner fans there had a good time there. We interacted with many, offering food,drinks and travel advice. I learned real quick to ingratiate myself by yelling "Boomer" if I saw one. Always got some smiles, and actual 2 beers from a traveling group of students.

Oh well. The series is over. Wish we could play again. Next time might just be the charm.

Keep those great farks coming!

Blue
9/18/2011, 07:11 PM
I had a great time. There were many many gracious and hospitable FSU fans. A few weren't but they were students and they were wasted. To be expected. We sat in the heart of the FSU fans and they were great. That was an intense game. I'd put the Bama experience above it, but still a great gameday experience.

Boomer!

delhalew
9/18/2011, 07:26 PM
I don't think my ticker could take playing them at there house again. Brutal game.

NoleMan
9/19/2011, 06:51 AM
I don't think my ticker could take playing them at there house again. Brutal game.

FWIW, that was the loudest and "most rocking" I've ever seen that stadium.

SoonerNutt
9/19/2011, 08:40 AM
FWIW, that was the loudest and "most rocking" I've ever seen that stadium.

I'm glad to hear that, considering how many big games have been played there over the years. This seemed to be a hungry crowd, and the fact that it was prime time and everything just seemed to have everyone amped up.

It cracks me up how some people thought we were going to walk in there and dominate like we did at home last year. An environment like that makes a huge difference. Luckily for us, we have an experienced and poised team. Before late last season, we'd have been swallowed up by that atmosphere, but it is becoming more and more obvious that we have guys who have grown up and can handle a good deal of adveristy.

You guys have a defense that is the real deal. It was a hard-hitting game, and you guys dished out alot of punishment. I like games like that (because I am not playing in them, of course). I think you guys are going to jack some people up in the ACC this year.

Plus, major kudos to Trinket. He stepped up and played well in a situation that would make most of us crawl in a hole and hide. He made alot more good plays than Manuel did. Hopefully it doesn't start a QB controversy brewing, but it's at least good to know you have a guy on the bench who can compete at a high level like that.

Good luck on the rest of your season.

Aries
9/19/2011, 10:41 AM
I thought it would be a tough game, if both teams played like they were capable. And they did. The only thing that surprised me was it didn't get any easier when Manuel went out.

lexred
9/19/2011, 10:50 AM
I am just glad that "golden shoe" kicker did not get a chance to win the game. I think the dude is from Houston so how did he get to FSU and why do we have four kickers that could not collectively nail a 53 yarder? The look on Stoops face was priceless after Stevens squirted the last FG over the bar.

Bonehead
9/19/2011, 11:48 AM
I sat in the north end zone surrounded by FSU fans and every one of them were great hosts and ambassadors for their team. Twice coming into the stadium I heard someone giving me some serious verbal abuse. Both times when I looked I saw they were wearing t*xass shirts. Seriously.

Only problem I had was looking into that strobe light at the other end of the field.

Keller Sooner
9/19/2011, 01:19 PM
That was one rocking stadium. What an atmosphere! A game like that is what college football is all about. There were no losers. Good luck to the Noles the rest of the way.

Widescreen
9/19/2011, 01:21 PM
That was one rocking stadium. What an atmosphere! A game like that is what college football is all about. There were no losers. Good luck to the Noles the rest of the way.
Oh, there were losers.

NormanPride
9/19/2011, 01:33 PM
That game was awesome, and you Noles should be stoked about your team. That, I think, was the loudest away stadium that the Sooners have ever been in, and it effed with our offense something fierce. Good job on that, FSU fans.

NoleMan
9/20/2011, 07:45 AM
So? No talk about the "scenery" around the stadium? It was pretty hot, and too much clothing can lead to heat stroke?? Dare I say FSU beats the Sooners in certain categories???:smug:

rock on sooner
9/20/2011, 07:58 AM
The ACC should take this to heart....Seminole warning...Seminole warning...high winds and hard hits are forecast!

DenverSooner751
9/20/2011, 08:00 AM
So? No talk about the "scenery" around the stadium? It was pretty hot, and too much clothing can lead to heat stroke?? Dare I say FSU beats the Sooners in certain categories???:smug:

There is already an entire thread dedicated to this, lol.

Lott's Bandana
9/20/2011, 08:42 AM
Sooners are not slackers in this particular category.

NoleMan
9/20/2011, 08:26 PM
There is already an entire thread dedicated to this, lol.

Really? Must have missed it. Link?

Boomer.....
9/21/2011, 08:52 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?159366-FSU-did-beat-OU-in-the