PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Stadium

CrimsonRez
9/18/2011, 05:41 PM
I haven't ever seen it posted but I was wondering if OU will ever plan to expand the stadium...I've heard before that it isn't structurally possible to
expand. Any of you guys that have architectural backgrounds or have heard anything know?

Peach Fuzz
9/18/2011, 05:43 PM
Supposed to be 119,000 by 2016... or so I've heard

GottaHavePride
9/18/2011, 05:43 PM
"They" say you can't bowl in the south end, but honestly, the math to connect the funky slope of the south EZ to everything else isn't that hard.

And I have heard that during the last expansion they put footings in far enough out to be able to wrap an upper deck around the north EZ at some future date.

Plexis22
9/18/2011, 06:02 PM
If OU wins the national title I could see another expansion coming.

CrimsonRez
9/18/2011, 06:16 PM
Honestly I want a Big House redux at OU...119K idk about lol but that would be awesome...can you imagine that many people going 2008 texas tech crazy??? damn...

BudSooner
9/18/2011, 06:25 PM
"They" say you can't bowl in the south end, but honestly, the math to connect the funky slope of the south EZ to everything else isn't that hard.

And I have heard that during the last expansion they put footings in far enough out to be able to wrap an upper deck around the north EZ at some future date."Some" say......

That stairs confuse him, and that he swims with webbed buttocks.......

:D

I have a feeling that these "They" and "Some" people might be related.

Soonerfan88
9/18/2011, 06:34 PM
The next renovation is the press box. And no seats will be added until the economy recovers as the demand just isn't there right now.

SoonerCLF
9/18/2011, 06:47 PM
I remember seeing a TV interview about 3 years ago with Joe Castiglione saying the south end zone would be expanded at some point.

From Wikipedia about the stadium -

"In a February 2007 radio interview, OU Athletic Director Joe Castiglione said that a new stadium master plan was in development. Castiglione spoke about replacing the press box and expanding the south end zone seating but gave no timetable or other details"

Lott's Bandana
9/18/2011, 06:55 PM
That interview was before the collapse and OU's Master Development Plan was redone.

I like it the way it is right now.

Ever since the wooden seats, I've wanted it to get bigger each expansion, but I dont' feel that way any longer. It just feels right to me.

DenverSooner751
9/18/2011, 06:57 PM

And I have heard that during the last expansion they put footings in far enough out to be able to wrap an upper deck around the north EZ at some future date."Some" say......

That stairs confuse him, and that he swims with webbed buttocks.......

:D

I have a feeling that these "They" and "Some" people might be related.

Lol, love the reference and avatar.

I'll believe it when i see a presser from the school. Those things aren't cheap to pull off.

Lott's Bandana
9/18/2011, 06:59 PM
When The Stig listened to morse code while driving, people actually took the time to decipher it.

Cracked me up.

MR2-Sooner86
9/18/2011, 07:27 PM
I say expand the upper deck all the way around the north end and close in the south. Go big or go home.

Peach Fuzz
9/18/2011, 07:30 PM
I was wrong. 149k by 2016. Bookmark thread.

oudavid1
9/18/2011, 07:46 PM
Traffic isnt that bad the way I get out of there, So I would rather see more suites and a new press box. Oh and a new north endzone video board. And by new I mean bigger.