PDA

View Full Version : Fox 25, Sunday, 2 PM

soonerhubs
9/18/2011, 02:20 PM
What audience do you think you are serving so much better by broadcasting a Soccer Game over an NFL game?

Wrong type of football for this state, dumbasses!

*Rant Over* for now. ;)

SicEmBaylor
9/18/2011, 02:43 PM
This.

SicEmBaylor
9/18/2011, 02:44 PM
Our fellow countrymen ought to band together to drive soccer from our lands with the same gusto and religious conviction as the Crusaders driving the infidels from the holy land.

soonerhubs
9/18/2011, 02:53 PM
Our fellow countrymen ought to ban together to drive soccer from our lands with the same gusto and religious conviction as the Crusaders driving the infidels from the holy land.

Heh! Now don't get me wrong! I enjoy soccer from time to time, but I enjoy an American Football game so much more.

SicEmBaylor
9/18/2011, 03:15 PM
Heh! Now don't get me wrong! I enjoy soccer from time to time, but I enjoy an American Football game so much more.
http://i52.tinypic.com/2429avl.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
9/18/2011, 03:44 PM
something about the networks combine for 3 Sunday games so that both don't have an early and a late, not counting Sunday night game.

GottaHavePride
9/18/2011, 05:10 PM
I'd rather watch soccer than the NFL anyway. The NFL is boring.

TUSooner
9/19/2011, 01:55 PM
Our fellow countrymen ought to ban together to drive soccer from our lands with the same gusto and religious conviction as the Crusaders driving the infidels from the holy land.

As I recall, those crusades didn't work out too well. Neither will yours. I have no problem with those who hate soccer; tat's their biz. I like it OK, even though it's not my fave. I'd generally rather watch American football (college or NFL), Canadian football, Australian football, Rubgy (union or league), baseball, or cricket (t20, 50-over, or 1st Class). But when somebody -- especially someobody who likes to make many yelping noises about "liberty" -- starts to tell other people what they can and can't watch based on what the yelper likes, well, I'm calling BS and giving strong consideration to cursing that yelping soul to eternal damnation, in the nicest possible way, of course. :tongue:

SicEmBaylor
9/19/2011, 02:04 PM
As I recall, those crusades didn't work out too well. Neither will yours. I have no problem with those who hate soccer; tat's their biz. I like it OK, even though it's not my fave. I'd generally rather watch American football (college or NFL), Canadian football, Australian football, Rubgy (union or league), baseball, or cricket (t20, 50-over, or 1st Class). But when somebody -- especially someobody who likes to make many yelping noises about "liberty" -- starts to tell other people what they can and can't watch based on what the yelper likes, well, I'm calling BS and giving strong consideration to cursing that yelping soul to eternal damnation, in the nicest possible way, of course. :tongue:

Soccer is inherently anti-liberty.

NormanPride
9/19/2011, 02:07 PM
So is Zima.

GDC
9/19/2011, 02:12 PM
I am appreciating soccer more as I get older, but I would never choose it over American or Australian rules football.

TUSooner
9/19/2011, 03:23 PM
I am appreciating soccer more as I get older, but I would never choose it over American or Australian rules football.

Thanks to ESPN3, I followed the Aussie Footy League pretty closely this year, from the very start to what is now the semi-finals (although they call them the "Preliminary Finals"). I ofetn stayed up late on Friday & Sat night to watch a game or full replays. ESPN3 showed 3 per week. It's a really fast, action-packed game that requires a ton of athleticism, touyghness, speed, and skill, although the uniforms are borderline ghey at first glance. I'd love to see a game in person at the MCG.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/19/2011, 04:25 PM
This.

SicEmBaylor
9/19/2011, 04:38 PM
Do the Aussies play this on a roundish/oval shaped field? I think I've seen this on ESPN...it looked like a cross between soccer and football.

GottaHavePride
9/19/2011, 07:17 PM
Aussie football is quidditch on the ground. At least form what I can tell.

soonercruiser
9/19/2011, 09:43 PM
Our fellow countrymen ought to band together to drive soccer from our lands with the same gusto and religious conviction as the Crusaders driving the infidels from the holy land.

Would beer drinking still be OK?

TUSooner
9/20/2011, 03:05 PM
Do the Aussies play this on a roundish/oval shaped field? I think I've seen this on ESPN...it looked like a cross between soccer and football.

Yep, huge oval field, 18 players per side, lots of kicking and "punched" hand passes, in any direction, but no throwing at all. Long kicks with spectacular catches, sorta like wide receivers going after the bomb. you can run with the ball, but you have to bounce in on the grouond about every 15 yards. And you have to get rid of the ball when tackled. Not all that complicated, really, because once you figure out the basics, it's a blast to watch.

Pricetag
9/20/2011, 03:19 PM
No "borderline" about the uniforms. They're full-on. I think they wear them like that on purpose to see if anyone has the cajones to tell them how they look.

Sooner Tri
9/20/2011, 04:24 PM
Heard a great description of soccer in the U.S. once:

"Soccer in America is like deodorant in Europe; we're aware it exists, but not that interested in it."

TUSooner
9/20/2011, 04:30 PM
No "borderline" about the uniforms. They're full-on. I think they wear them like that on purpose to see if anyone has the cajones to tell them how they look.

I do not (have the cojones to tell them their unis are gay, that is). I have seen a few long-sleeved shirts that look pretty cool. But one time a guy wore some "regular" looking shorts instead of those too-short ones, and the announcers seemed to be making fun of him. Australians are fine, as a rule, but they're not quite like us, it seems. :biggrin:

JohnnyMack
9/20/2011, 04:54 PM
I watched most of that game. The only other NFL game on at that time was KC/Detroit I think. I'll take Man U v. Chelsea over two **** NFL teams any day of the week. The game itself was exciting in the first half as Man U fisted Chelsea with three goals. The second half was a bit slower. Anyways, screw you guys, the EPL is a terrific league and you're a doofus if you don't like it.

SoonerLaw09
9/20/2011, 09:11 PM
It always amazes me how peeps will beyotch all day about how there's no scoring in soccer, but they'll sit and watch a 2-0 hockey game no problem. The game's the same length, time-wise (90 minutes). Hockey has 2 intermissions, a bunch of clock-stoppages, they sub out the entire team every 2 minutes, and guys who get thrown out of the game can come back in a matter of minutes.

In soccer, the clock *never* stops, there's only one halftime, you only get 3 subs the *whole game* (including injury subs), and if you get ejected you are gone for good, your team *can't* replace you that game, *and* you are suspended for the next one. Tell me, which is the tougher sport?