PDA

View Full Version : Mike stoops

lasooner123
9/18/2011, 12:50 PM
It doesnt appear as if he will make it at arizona. id love to see him back on our sidelines. ive always felt big game bob left with mike. his defenses always had so much emotion. any chance? co coordinators or brent finally getting a job

delhalew
9/18/2011, 12:52 PM
Meh. Times change. I saw some good D last night.

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2011, 12:53 PM
I doubt it, but who knows. I would think having 1 brother directly report to another had to be awkward for the school administration. Maybe they handled it by having the AD doing Mike's performance evaluations before or something like that.

Curly Bill
9/18/2011, 12:54 PM
It doesnt appear as if he will make it at arizona. id love to see him back on our sidelines. ive always felt big game bob left with mike. his defenses always had so much emotion. any chance? co coordinators or brent finally getting a job

LOL, that ain't happening, though I wish for it. I'd love to see Mike back at OU running the defense.

(and I repeat here again: I have in another thread given BV credit for doing a good jorb Saturday night)

madillsoonerfan5353
9/18/2011, 12:55 PM

I agree that Mike's time at zone appears to be coming to an end. BV is starting to grow on me with WM over the dbs I have seen a great improvement. Right now I don't wanna think about BV leaving but I'm afraid he's prolly on the verge of getting a HC gig!

sooneredaco
9/18/2011, 12:58 PM
After last nights performance I don't see how anybody can have any complaints about BV

LiveLaughLove
9/18/2011, 12:59 PM
Love Mike. But his D at AZ is turr-ble. It would be a big insult to BV (although he might do it) to bring Mike back in as a co-DC again, and Mike wouldn't want a lesser role like position coach.

SoonerBD
9/18/2011, 01:26 PM
I agree that BV has done a good job with the D so far this year, but if he was to get a HC job somewhere this year and Mike gets let go, the i think bob would be crazy not to offer him the job. I think his D at arizona is due more to the fact that he doesn't have the talent level like he did at OU

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/18/2011, 01:32 PM
I agree that BV has done a good job with the D so far this year, but if he was to get a HC job somewhere this year and Mike gets let go, the i think bob would be crazy not to offer him the job. I think his D at arizona is due more to the fact that he doesn't have the talent level like he did at OUIt appears VERY HARD for either AZ school to recruit out-of-state. I think kids don't want to play 75% of their season in 100 degree weather.

oumartin
9/18/2011, 01:32 PM
Mike needs to come home and get his swagger back

LiveLaughLove
9/18/2011, 02:42 PM
I will say that I knew OU was on the road to something special when I saw Mike and BV on the sidelines (can't recall which game it was) screaming at each other and Rockie had to step between them and pushed each of them away from each other.

I do miss that passion by BV and Mike together. If BV were to get a HC job then I would definately love to have Mike back, but as long as BV is happy at OU, then I am happy to have him here.

Not only is he a great DC, but he is an oustanding recruiter by all accounts.

I've heard he and his wife are very happy at OU and living in Norman, so I don't think he is in a hurry to get an HC job any time soon.

SoonerObsession
9/18/2011, 02:47 PM
I think I heard during the OSU Arizona game, that Mike has never won in Stillwater, including his days as an OU coach. Is that true?

sperry
9/18/2011, 02:55 PM
I think I heard during the OSU Arizona game, that Mike has never won in Stillwater, including his days as an OU coach. Is that true?

2000 ring a bell?

DYNOMITE
9/18/2011, 02:57 PM
How many more seasons at FSU until Mark gets a head coach job. FSU's D was solid.