PDA

View Full Version : Tenacious D

delhalew
9/18/2011, 12:14 PM
I'm so proud of the focus, desire, brutality, and brotherhood displayed by our boys. I am totally willing to flood this page with attaboy threads.

I think regaining the leadership of T Lew was vital, but everyone seemed to be providing the fire we needed.

I've never seen a perfect game, but they made me very proud.

Caboose
9/18/2011, 12:21 PM
You know, you take away the fluke 3rd and 28 TD pass and this D gives up about 190 yards and 6 points to a top 5 team on the road. Pretty dang good.

delhalew
9/18/2011, 12:25 PM
You know, you take away the fluke 3rd and 28 TD pass and this D gives up about 190 yards and 6 points to a top 5 team on the road. Pretty dang good.

The language I used when that took place was an award winner. No game is perfect, and letting them escape 3rd and 28 is unthinkable. However, what was the response from our D? The went into steel trap mode.

I'm with you. Pretty dang good. I look to see more improvement as we go.

LVSOONER15
9/18/2011, 12:50 PM
A great performance by our D.

SoonerofAlabama
9/18/2011, 01:05 PM
Tony, Travis, Wort, and Harris looked good the entire game. Entire defense looked good. Very impressed with Travis, having the 8 tackles, 1 TFL, and a PBU.

BigBoomerInBigD
9/18/2011, 01:07 PM
I agree 100%. Fantastic job by the entire defense...I'm proud of them, as well.

BOOMER

Curly Bill
9/18/2011, 01:08 PM
Best defensive player we have? Tony Jefferson hands down.

Ok..maybe not hands down, but I think he's the best player on D we have.

SoonerofAlabama
9/18/2011, 01:11 PM
^ Tony has looked great this year. I agree, and he has done a good job tackling.

oumartin
9/18/2011, 01:14 PM
The defense has swagger.

SoonerPride93
9/18/2011, 01:17 PM
Little Case is gonna have nightmares after watching game film.

SoonerInLubbock
9/18/2011, 01:27 PM
This is refreshing to see after years of fire BV threads. Attaboy. Much respect.

sooneredaco
9/18/2011, 01:34 PM
I thought Wort had a helluva game! That pic he had was such an athletic move. No doubt tonight made Mr. Box proud

CrimsonCommando
9/18/2011, 02:12 PM
Hear hear!! I WANT other teams to watch this film. This may the most violent defense we have ever had, and that is saying something awfully scary.

SOONERINARK
9/18/2011, 03:22 PM
We have a NC calliber dominating defense and I for one was extremely proud of their performance last night an awesome job.

The Ghost of Mex
9/18/2011, 03:31 PM
Pass rush was stellar.

fadada1
9/18/2011, 03:34 PM
I've never seen a perfect game, but they made me very proud.
77-0 was about as close to perfect as one can get. the only other game i've ever seen that would, imo, be called perfect - penn state v. miami in the '87 ('86 season) fiesta bowl.

that said - great game by OU.

mightysooner
9/18/2011, 04:30 PM
Wasn't impressed with the secondary given they were facing FSU's 2nd and 3rd string WR's and 2nd team QB. We still have a weakness over the middle which FSU exploited several times last night and played a really soft zone giving too much respect to their mediocre WR's. The front seven were beastly all night but the secondary needs to get coached up, and fast, before we enter pass happy BIG XII play.

cjames317
9/18/2011, 04:53 PM
It was very impressive. I hope our corners can start playing more physical at the LOS, like FSU and LSU.

OUmillenium
9/18/2011, 05:00 PM
Only rushing 4 and dropping into soft coverage on 3rd and 28 was about my only complaint of the night. But since I knew it was coming it wasnt that much of a shocker.

Overall, Venables and the D looked incredible. I loved the hard hitting. Awesome.

yankee
9/18/2011, 05:03 PM
Tony, Travis, Wort, and Harris looked good the entire game. Entire defense looked good. Very impressed with Travis, having the 8 tackles, 1 TFL, and a PBU.

Javon? No he didn't, he had a couple of boneheaded plays. I think I could have played better defense than he did on that 3rd and 28. But he also had some absolutely spectacular plays. Up and down game for sure, but when he's not making mistakes he's a very good safety for us.

yankee
9/18/2011, 05:05 PM
Pass rush was stellar.

This! We had some pass rush problems last season, but it appears we have that figured out. DL so far this season has been great, and that was a BIG question mark coming into this year.

I also loved the Colvin/Jefferson safety blitzes.

Peach Fuzz
9/18/2011, 05:11 PM
Sorry to stop the sunshine pump, but I thought the pass rush was less than stellar. They seemed to pick us up very well the whole game. We had a few breakdowns that were average D play and at times we looked suspect. I don't think FSU has a great offense IMO so take it for whatever.. All in all good to see on the road vs top 5.

pphilfran
9/18/2011, 05:32 PM
The pass rush was fine...we ran him all over hell and back...12 tackles for loss that included 6 sacks...we are 10th in the nation in tackles for loss (with only two games, most teams have three)...3rd in sacks...

The Sooners are getting a far better rush at this point than I ever imagined...

Landthief 1972
9/18/2011, 05:36 PM
The pass rush was fine...we ran him all over hell and back...12 tackles for loss that included 6 sacks...we are 10th in the nation in tackles for loss (with only two games, most teams have three)...3rd in sacks...

The Sooners are getting a far better rush at this point than I ever imagined...

And it's worth noting that our stats come from playing Tulsa, who has a pretty good offense, and FSU, a top 25 team - while a lot of other teams have padded their stats versus Div II schools and patsies.