PDA

View Full Version : 1st conference over 12 ACC

BermudaSooner
9/18/2011, 10:08 AM
ACC officially adds Cuse and Pitt. I guess PAC 12 will now officially want to expand. We could be heading West very soon.

SoonerMom2
9/18/2011, 10:14 AM
This is what I think President Boren was waiting for along with Scott from the PAC 12 and Silva from the SEC. Now that it has happened tomorrow should be a very interesting day.

FriscoTXsooner
9/18/2011, 10:15 AM
Yep the writings on the wall, or should I say the writing was in agreements that have been behind the scenes for a while now. I don't believe that conferences just simply add teams that quickly, there is much to do before things like this can happen, and I bet dimes on a dollar that the SEC and PAC are fully aware of what's happening, and the move to mega conferences in on the way. I think the next chip to fall will be the addition of the Sooners to the PAC 12, along with Texas, and possibly OSU and TT. The SEC will add T A&M, and someone else, or a total of TAM +3. The Big 10 will remain, I think the Big East will add a couple of schools currently in the Big XII and the schools like Baylor will be searching for a new home. At the end of the day, the all might dollar will win out, and eventually we'll be looking at a 6 or 8 team playoff system within the next 4 years. Good bye BCS, hello conference championships and playoffs.

BermudaSooner
9/18/2011, 10:20 AM
Looking forward to the Rose Bowl next year!

LiveLaughLove
9/18/2011, 10:22 AM
Our Pac brethren seemed like they kinda sucked this weekend for the most part.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/18/2011, 10:28 AM
Watching the games this weekend made me realize how much better our 9-team league is than the Pac-12. I know USC is down but really... Stanford is your best team two years in a row?

Widescreen
9/18/2011, 11:09 AM
Watching the games this weekend made me realize how much better our 9-team league is than the Pac-12. I know USC is down but really... Stanford is your best team two years in a row?
Oregon played in the MNC game last year.