PDA

View Full Version : Javon Harris - high risk high reward

PDXsooner
9/18/2011, 09:17 AM
I love this kid, he's a playmaker and had some huge plays last night. Are we to accept that someone who is such a great playmaker will inevitably have some big blown plays? Or will he be able to cut back on the big blown plays like the last Florida State TD? Either way, he's a big hitter and crafty DB. I love him, but I admit he makes me a little nervous sometimes.

lasooner123
9/18/2011, 11:28 AM
not to mention every one of tulsas big plays were on him

CatfishSooner
9/18/2011, 11:36 AM
I like havin harris back there

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2011, 11:44 AM
I love this kid, he's a playmaker and had some huge plays last night. Are we to accept that someone who is such a great playmaker will inevitably have some big blown plays? Or will he be able to cut back on the big blown plays like the last Florida State TD? Either way, he's a big hitter and crafty DB. I love him, but I admit he makes me a little nervous sometimes.

We knew replacing 2 safeties was going to be an issue - especially given how reliable Carter was. Obviously "we" are going to accept it :). If the question is are the coaches going to make a change, they certainly are not discussing it publicly. I'm sure Stoops will get questions about it in the presser, but I doubt he'll tip his hand. Most players cut back on mistakes as they get more experience, so the odds are Harris is like most players. But some players don't - we'll see. He made 2 obvious gaffs in the Tulsa game and only 1 against FSU in a much higher pressure situation, so progress? And in both games, he made big-time positive plays too. So if he does cut down on the mistakes, he's a guy we'll love by the end of the season.