PDA

View Full Version : McCoy/Shipley again

LASooner
9/18/2011, 02:45 AM
I've figured what the new twosome remind me of, for those of you in your mid to late 30s, you may remember when the 2 stars of the Dukes of Hazzard had a contract dispute and they replaced Bo and Luke with their clone cousins Coy and Vance. And no matter how hard they tried to dress like them, and drive the General Lee, and have Waylon Jennings talk about their hijinks, they just weren't the same.

Just remember this the next time you see Chase and Jackson trying to be their brothers...they just aren't Bo and Luke.... you may have noticed that their coach looks like Rosco P. Coltrane.

And this concludes your pop culture crossover moment.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/18/2011, 09:17 AM
On a more relevant note ;), horns are better than I thought. They shellacked UCLA. Might make it a ballgame at the Texas State Fair..

marfacowboy
9/18/2011, 09:28 AM
Jaxon Shipley is faster than his brother. And the McCoy kid, frankly, he's lucky to even be alive. That skin condition he had as a child can be fatal. Honestly, I think they're ahead of where their brothers were at the same point.

Jacie
9/18/2011, 10:00 AM
And everyone knows what a powerhouse Rick Neweasel has turned the Bruins into. The whorns were lucky to have caught them on an off night . . .

meoveryouxinfinity
9/18/2011, 10:01 AM
And everyone knows what a powerhouse Rick Neweasel has turned the Bruins into. The whorns were lucky to have caught them on an off night . . .
Regardless, 2010 Texas would have been lucky to win by 7. This is a much improved team.

jumperstop
9/18/2011, 10:07 AM
It's Case....is that even a ****ing name?

meoveryouxinfinity
9/18/2011, 10:11 AM
It's Case....is that even a ****ing name?Nope but it has sign potential...
CASE CLOSED.

COLD CASE

DCsooner22
9/18/2011, 10:41 AM
I'm really not looking forward to three more years of McCoy/Shipley butt-love talk the TV announcers are going to discuss every game... multiple times per game... Sigh...

nBoSTP
9/18/2011, 11:11 AM
You may not have to if OU moves to the PAC 12 without Texas. :smug:

JLEW1818
9/18/2011, 11:16 AM
have yall seen the worthlessness that Texas has played?

Go take a look at what BYU and UCLA have done.. lol

FaninAma
9/18/2011, 11:44 AM

This. Please refer to the Utah-BYU score for a reference point. Wait until McCoy II scrambles around and heaves up a prayer against a team that has a defense better than my son's 4th grade football team.

AzianSooner
9/18/2011, 11:50 AM
we want them to be stellar until we beat them down to dirt.

BoulderSooner79
9/18/2011, 11:50 AM
It's true that UCLA is "Neuheisel will get fired this year" bad, but UT will be better this year. Given their overall talent, there is no way they repeat last year's debacle unless the new OC & DC were bad hires (which I don't believe). But there is no way they should beat us this year if we are even close to justifying the hype we are getting. I'll worry about next year when it comes.

JLEW1818
9/18/2011, 12:02 PM
These guys are like 150 pounds. We are going to destroy them.

FaninAma
9/18/2011, 02:04 PM
Texas has not played a team yet with even a mediocre offense or defense.

sperry
9/18/2011, 02:30 PM
Shipley looks very good. McCoy is better than Gilbert, but it would be damn near impossible not to be. OU should handle them pretty easily. They will be good down the line though.

soonerhubs
9/18/2011, 02:33 PM
I wonder how much of the "Garret will start" plan was Mack's statement while "Head-Case" was more the choice of the OC.

My theory is that clappy overruled the coordinator all the way until GG looked crappy all over again against BYU. Then the coordinator was able to make the right choice. Perhaps it's my biased opinion, but I feel that too many times, Texas wins in spite of that idiot at the helm.

Jacie
9/18/2011, 03:12 PM
Methinks this week's sa*et @ Iowa State game (both teams 3-0, both coming off a road win) might get interesting (i.e. Cyclones are good enough to beat em . . . again). Preseason I predicted this to be a whorn victory. I figured Rhoads was able to coach his team to one good win/season (2009 nebbish - 2010 whorns), beating Iowa had filled the 2011 quota and sa*et under new assistants would beat em up. OTOH sa*et started 3-0 last year and went on to win only twice more. Internet whorns say the new OC's have made a difference (especially on offense) and have em thinking greatness is theirs. They are playing a lot of underclassmen so maybe they (the team, not the fans) have turned the corner on that sense of entitlement that at least contributed to 5-7. But . . . as young teams can look like worldbeaters against inferior competition, they can also revert to looking like a bunch of freshmen when facing a well-coached team and I believe they have reached that part of the schedule.