PDA

View Full Version : Issue with road win over a top 5 team

ictsooner7
9/17/2011, 10:45 PM
The very same talking heads will that picked Free Shoes to win will now claim we should have won by a bigger margin. We won by more than tripling the margin. No respect.

CBUS_SOONER
9/17/2011, 10:47 PM
it wasnt a big win;)

madillsoonerfan5353
9/17/2011, 10:49 PM
The very same talking heads will that picked Free Shoes to win will now claim we should have won by a bigger margin. We won by more than tripling the margin. No respect.

I hear ya, but **** em! that was a great win landry made a couple bone head throws but the line didn't help him and whaley should be the starter! but landry much like coach hhype found a way to win. im glad he is our qb!! Boomer!

madillsoonerfan5353
9/17/2011, 10:50 PM
herbie started right after half time!

DYNOMITE
9/17/2011, 10:50 PM
They were ranked 5... IF you guys thought it was going to be a big win then you were delusional. The #1 team and the #5 team should have been a nail bitter.

the-rover
9/17/2011, 10:52 PM
herbie started right after half time!

Herbie is butthurt over what happened in miami tonight

CowboyMRW
9/17/2011, 10:55 PM
My issue was in the gamethread half of the people calling for Landry to be benched and whatnot. And then just destroying Heupel for his playcalling.

Stooper
9/17/2011, 10:56 PM
You are joking right? That was a huge win. Made clutch plays on the road when we had to!! Did it in Stillwater last year, did it against Nebraska last year, did it in this game tonight. Our line controlled the line of scrimmage in our run game. No ko returns for TD's. Little Jimmy went 3/3. All things we have not been able to do on the road in the past. Boomer!!!

CBUS_SOONER
9/17/2011, 10:58 PM
My issue was in the gamethread half of the people calling for Landry to be benched and whatnot. And then just destroying Heupel for his playcalling.

our o line needed to play better. PERIOD

SanJoaquinSooner
9/17/2011, 11:01 PM
You are joking right? That was a huge win. Made clutch plays on the road when we had to!! Did it in Stillwater last year, did it against Nebraska last year, did it in this game tonight. Our line controlled the line of scrimmage in our run game. No ko returns for TD's. Little Jimmy went 3/3. All things we have not been able to do on the road in the past. Boomer!!!

word. any win against a top ten team ON THE ROAD is a big win.

CU Sooner
9/17/2011, 11:02 PM
Great win, showed real character after the game was tied. I think it only gives them more confidence. However, i do think hype's game calling was lacking. But that said, it is his first big time game and i bet he learns a lot from it.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
9/17/2011, 11:03 PM

Are you kidding? Did you see the gaping holes on the drive that lead to the last field goal? They knew we were gonna run and they couldn't stop us. Offensive line grades out at a A-. Superb job.

vtsooner21
9/17/2011, 11:06 PM
Nothing wrong with beating the #5 team in the nation in their house. I'll take a 10 point win any day.

Boomer

CBUS_SOONER
9/17/2011, 11:09 PM
Are you kidding? Did you see the gaping holes on the drive that lead to the last field goal? They knew we were gonna run and they couldn't stop us. Offensive line grades out at a A-. Superb job.

looked good on two or three drives. Im justbeing abojective

opksooner
9/17/2011, 11:11 PM
it wasnt a big win;) The talking heads will announce that it really wasn't a road win since it's only 1008 miles from Norman to Tallahassee.

Mazeppa
The very same talking heads will that picked Free Shoes to win will now claim we should have won by a bigger margin.

Is this English?

CatfishSooner
While there are some things I wish we did better and know we can do better...it was a ****ing W!!!! #8!

LVSOONER15
9/17/2011, 11:12 PM
word. any win against a top ten team ON THE ROAD is a big win.

Same here bro. We are in control of our own destiny. BOOMER SOONER!!!!

meoveryouxinfinity
9/17/2011, 11:15 PM
Their D-line was reading the snap count and jumping it.. when they did this they were unstoppable and our offense staggered.

Also, did anyone see the MULTIPLE times their Dline was lined up IN THE NEUTRAL ZONE?? WTF!!

CU Sooner
9/17/2011, 11:19 PM
agreed, their tackle was very obvious. I stated in an earlier thread that this was a terrible officiated game.

FirstandGoal
9/17/2011, 11:21 PM
Their D-line was reading the snap count and jumping it.. when they did this they were unstoppable and our offense staggered.

Also, did anyone see the MULTIPLE times their Dline was lined up IN THE NEUTRAL ZONE?? WTF!!

^^^^^THIS

Play this game almost anywhere else and we'd have been looking at 1st and 5, but for some reason it was like their guys were invisible to the refs.

limey_sooner
9/17/2011, 11:23 PM
Win by ten points on the road over the number five team playing their biggest game in years. Screw em. Certainly room for improvement but this looks like a team with quite a bit of self belief.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/17/2011, 11:25 PM

you don't get to take issue with anything, poke. no offense. fellow sooner fans on here can take issue with what ever they want, you should just stay out of it.

again, no offense

meoveryouxinfinity
9/17/2011, 11:26 PM
^^^^^THIS

Play this game almost anywhere else and we'd have been looking at 1st and 5, but for some reason it was like their guys were invisible to the refs.There was one time that TWO FSU guys were lined up offsides! I was screaming at the TV.

BetterSoonerThanLater
9/17/2011, 11:27 PM
^ me too... i think my wife is deaf

VA Sooner
9/17/2011, 11:30 PM
Huge win on the road in a hostile environment against a team with a taste for revenge for last seasons' laugher.

The 'noles played very well, our defense was just a little better and both sides of the ball made plays when they had to.

cleller
9/17/2011, 11:30 PM

Not all the O-line's fault, but the first and goal from the 3 that went nowhere was a big breakdown. No movement, no imagination, just hand off and fall down. Took us a long time to recover from that.

btb916
9/17/2011, 11:37 PM

I thought that was happening as well, and I thought they were off sides a few times too. Oh well.

oumom2many
9/17/2011, 11:47 PM
Nothing wrong with beating the #5 team in the nation in their house. I'll take a 10 point win any day.

Boomer

This! That was a hostile environment and I say we endured
for the WIN! HOORAH

Sooner_Tuf
9/18/2011, 01:12 AM
it wasnt a big win;)

Well to be honest it wasn't even a big game. We can put this one behind us because we won.

ictsooner7
9/18/2011, 07:30 AM
Is this English?

Yes it is.......

King Barry's Back
9/18/2011, 07:36 AM

Boomer

Yeah, that's how I see it. The only possible "issue" that could come up, as far as I'm concerned, is if FSU didn't really warrant the top 5 ranking.

But that's completely beyond our control, so I'd just chalk up the big W and move on. Afterall, last night's win was awesome, but it doesn't count for even one point next week.

And there's tough games to come. TX looks like they've already found their way back...

RacerX
9/18/2011, 07:37 AM
On the ESPN Scoreboard Show Lou Holtz looked straight at the camera and apologized to Stoops, the team, and the Sooner Fans for picking FSU and said OU looked great.

I know 95% of this board hates him, so take it for what it's worth.

Heh, there's a post about it
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?159261-Lou-Holthz-Just-Apologized-To-The-Sooners-And-Every-Sooner-Fan

RacerX
9/18/2011, 07:39 AM
Looks like ESPNU will show College Football Scoreboard at 8:00am and OU/FSU at 6pm.

Sooner91ATL
9/18/2011, 08:00 AM
The only thing I could nitpick over is the poor execution inside the 5 yard line twice, and what seemed to me to be inexplicably conservative play calling during the 3rd quarter. We have seen this trend through the past 3 offensive coordinators - it's the personality of the head coach, methinks, to be conservative on the road.

However, although FSU is not national championship caliber, they are a legit top 10 and likely BCS team, who will beat most any team in their home hostile environment like it was last night.

Our defense played clean, tough and physically (jolted everyone except the waterboy), and our offense did enough to win on a night when the opposing D had us schemed well, still smarting over last year's debacle. All in all, a very satisfying win and I am so grateful to be a Sooner. In every contest of merit there are things to quibble over the morning after, but that W is the only important thing. I am extremely proud of the heart and guts out team showed last night when we easily could have given in to the FSU momentum.

We owe the black and gold big time - let's hang half a hundred this week please.

Aries
9/18/2011, 08:10 AM
^^^ This ^^^

I thought FSU looked very good. I felt they were outplaying us at times. Their backup QB did a terrific job. I'm very proud that the Sooners made plays when we had to have them. I think it was a HUGE win.

jk the sooner fan
9/18/2011, 08:16 AM
folks.....we played FSU - a VERY good football team....we werent there playing Florida Atlantic......give their team some credit for not allowing this to be the cakewalk it was last year (on our home turf)....

just enjoy a big win on the road......who cares what the talking heads say? who cares what their analysis is...they're just words - the espn chip on our shoulder is tired and worn out......

picasso
9/18/2011, 08:28 AM
Yep, this game was very similar to our visit to Alabama in '03. This was a good win.

DenverSooner751
9/18/2011, 08:32 AM
The issue with ESPN is a matter of perspective and expectation.

I understand that ESPN's coverage is more entertainment and thus i don't expect journalism from them.

I also don't understand the obsession with continuing to watch when you know what you're going to get, there are other sport outlets if you want sports news. Just my opinion.

There is no issue with beating a top 5 team on the road, ever.