PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Watch insert on tv screen

ouwasp
9/17/2011, 03:28 PM
Tornado Watch in north central OK. Hope they get that stuff off the ABC screen by gametime tonight. But the won't, I think the watch lasts until 11:00 p.m.

<sigh> Guess I'd better hope the watch doesn't become a warning!

En_Fuego
9/17/2011, 03:38 PM
PISSES ME OFF TO NO END.

There have been a few times that a storm is in southern Kansas and the Oklahoma weather map is taking up 1/4 of the TV..:mad:

AlboSooner
9/17/2011, 03:40 PM
truly a reason to get upset and vent online. tornadoes are overrated as a threat anyway. did we even have any tornadoes this year in the US?

The Ghost of Mex
9/17/2011, 03:40 PM
We should be able to turn it on/off like CC & SAP...

En_Fuego
9/17/2011, 03:46 PM

YES

MeMyself&Me
9/17/2011, 03:59 PM
Here in the great city of Abilene, when there are weather warnings, the local ABC affiliate is unable to show the warnings or scrawl without dropping the whole damn picture to SD. There is a warning now but they're trying to only show it during the commercials instead of effecting the game coverage (they forget to switch back occasionally though). I doubt we get the same courtesy during the OU game. There are a lot of OU fans here (as evidence by the many bumper stickers, flags, and T-shirts) but you wouldn't know it when you watch the local news coverage.

Widescreen
9/17/2011, 04:18 PM
Those are functions of the TV so we'd all have to get new TV's with that capability.

The Ghost of Mex
9/17/2011, 04:19 PM

Oh, and football analysts as well.

OUHOMER
9/17/2011, 05:28 PM
yeo, this is going to suck if it continues, Dont know why they have to show it all the damn time. Why not flash it or scroll it

budbarrybob
9/17/2011, 06:03 PM
I'll welcome the insert due to the fact that it means rain for the state. But I'd rather it be flashed on as well. And yes, it'd be cool to be able to disable it.

Mazeppa
9/17/2011, 10:56 PM
Complain about the weather graphic but why not complain about that giant down and distant arrow super imposed on the screen. I think that's the most distracting thing on tv.