PDA

View Full Version : FSU overrated !!!!

Soonerus
9/16/2011, 08:20 PM
Bawahahahah...get ready for the arse-kicking of the Seminoles.....bet the house....

CBUS_SOONER
9/16/2011, 08:20 PM
oh sh!t. he has spoken

Soonerus
9/16/2011, 08:26 PM
And it shall be...

CBUS_SOONER
9/16/2011, 08:29 PM
And it shall be...

hahaha

TheHumanAlphabet
9/16/2011, 08:41 PM
Last time i "bet the house" I lost my arse and the Sooners lost. No thank you. We can and may lose, I am not as confident as you.

CBUS_SOONER
9/16/2011, 08:43 PM
Last time i "bet the house" I lost my arse and the Sooners lost. No thank you. We can and may lose, I am not as confident as you.
Im with you. I may bet all my vcash tho

Soonerus
9/16/2011, 08:48 PM
FSU is the most overrated team in a couple of years...no running game, mediocre passer...bet the house...

BoulderSooner79
9/16/2011, 08:50 PM
No, they are not over-rated and that why victory will be so sweet. Think SOS :)

CBUS_SOONER
9/16/2011, 08:53 PM
Dr lou took the noles. we doomed

sooneredaco
9/16/2011, 08:53 PM
FSU is the most overrated team in a couple of years...no running game, mediocre passer...bet the house...

^^
this

BoulderSooner79
9/16/2011, 08:54 PM
I don't see the logic in calling opponents over-rated even if they are.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/16/2011, 08:57 PM

a. Karma sux---stop it
b. lets hope the are "properly rated" at number 4 and we destroy them cause we are that good.
c. last year Whorn started the year at 5. I think that has FSU beat on the overrated scale...no matter what

Soonerus
9/16/2011, 08:58 PM
I don't see the logic in thinking calling anybody anything on a message board is relevant...

Soonerus
9/16/2011, 08:59 PM
Nothing I say here will affect the game one iota fools....

OUinFLA
9/16/2011, 09:05 PM
I finally got the house paid off.
I ain't gonna bet it.

BoulderSooner79
9/16/2011, 09:07 PM
I don't see the logic in thinking calling anybody anything on a message board is relevant...

I see the logic there.

kevpks
9/16/2011, 09:12 PM
I don't see a lot of evidence for this great resurgence of the FSU program. They are certainly better than their 6-6 squads from a few years back but I'm not sure they're an elite team yet. I know they improved throughout the year last season but they also play in the ACC. These claims of a great rushing attack seem premature given that their running game has been terrible against some questionable competition.

85sooners
9/16/2011, 09:16 PM
bet the house and the wife

texas bandman
9/16/2011, 11:01 PM
"So let it be said, so let it be done."

Okie35
9/16/2011, 11:13 PM
I agree with Rus they have ZERO playmakers it should be a blowout but you never know we should win though. FSU is overrated.

hornswaggled
9/16/2011, 11:14 PM
When Chief Osceola chucks that spear into the ground at midfield it strikes fear in the heart of their opponents. Only a team of fierce warriors would have a chance to win after such an intimidating and spectacular opening ceremony.

VA Sooner
9/16/2011, 11:33 PM
Looking forward to the beat down. Kiss your backside goodbye, Chief O.

The Maestro
9/17/2011, 12:14 AM
My wife calls me Chief O...but it loses its awesomeness when I start to cry.

I'm drunk.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/17/2011, 12:45 AM
I don't see the logic in thinking calling anybody anything on a message board is relevant...Good jorb, there Rus!

hornswaggled
9/17/2011, 01:01 AM
I finally got the house paid off.
I ain't gonna bet it.

Then bet your vacation house.

tooslow
9/17/2011, 09:24 AM
As much as I believe we will win by 14+, there's still a few things keeping me from feeling like tonight is a sure thing. We killed FSU last year and then barely beat several teams that were average, at best. If I recall, I think that's the first time FSU had every seen a bubble screen and they had no clue how to defend it. We then beat a patsy with a lame duck coach in our BCS game. Stoops can't beat a ranked non-conference opponent in their house. The line started at only -3.5, and is now at -3.0. Vegas never gives money away, so my amateurish prediction of a 14+ point victory seems risky. Have I mentioned our play on road OOC games? Hell, we've had issues with non-ranked teams on the road.

If all that isn't bad enough, I thought of something else more frightening. What if FSU is highly overrated? What happens to our player's mind set if we blow them out? Do they start buying into the hype and think they can just show up and win games down the road?

With all of that said, I still predict we win. :D

Bccajun
9/17/2011, 09:36 AM
He must think the Sooners have never played around a large crowd making noise against them.

“I think our fans will make it very loud for those guys,” added quarterback EJ Manuel. “Hopefully it’ll rattle them a little bit.”

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/preview?gid=201109170003

kevpks
9/17/2011, 09:39 AM
Stoops can't beat a ranked non-conference opponent in their house.

Why do people always separate conference/non-conference games? There just isn't enough evidence to say that because it hardly ever freaking happens. The "road woes" argument makes more sense because there is a larger sample of games. Oh, and I have a hard time finding fault with Stoops in the '06 Oregon game.

The Vegas line is designed to get people to bet both sides. Being favored by three on the road against a top five team is a pretty big line anyway.

budbarrybob
9/17/2011, 10:22 AM
We're Doomed.

GrapevineSooner
9/17/2011, 10:24 AM
We're scroomed.

MojoRisen
9/17/2011, 10:29 AM
Our boys better be ready for the CHANT -. If we are playing fearless and hungry we will win!

BoomerJ
9/17/2011, 01:21 PM
Don't you think Stoops has had the warchant pumping through the speakers all week during practice?

CowboyMRW
9/17/2011, 01:30 PM
I agree that FSU is overrated as I think next year or the year after is really their year.

But it's on the road against a team you embarrassed last year. I'm sure they've spent all summer just for this game. I didn't bet on either team as I expect a good one and hope you pull it out, but I think that it'll be much closer than many of you predict.

tooslow
9/17/2011, 06:44 PM
I'm sure they've spent all summer just for this game.

That's another factor I didn't mention. FSU coaches have said they've prepared all summer on the speed of our snaps. It's highly possible they could blow their wad against us, and go on to lose a few games, ala Utah State (although they lost most of their games last year.)

15 minutes before kickoff and I'm already getting butterflies in my stomach. Hoping this will be an early blowout so I can relax some. lol

tooslow
9/17/2011, 09:59 PM
Wow...... There's an overrated team playing tonight, and it looks like US!! Maybe ice read too many posts here and started believing the hype, but I have a very bad feeling about this game, and we are ahead by 7!! FSU looks improved. We look like we've regressed over last year's team. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, it's only 1 game. But damn!! We look nowhere close to a number 1 team. :(

SyN
9/17/2011, 10:02 PM
We are not #1 Landry is playing so scared... Stills just might save our A$$... If Brent will play smart defense and J harris is not helping at all.... They are holding on every stinking play.,... I'll give FS credit... they are playing like they need to be.... We will be ok.... and leave with a Win!!!!!

goingoneight
9/17/2011, 10:09 PM
Why is Finch still so absent in the gameplan? The guy was as electric as any guy we had last year now it's like he's playing scout team in terms of his involvement.

SyN
9/17/2011, 10:13 PM
I have no clue why Finch is not in the game... I don't understand alot of play calling... but we are ahead and going to win the #%#@% Game!!!!!!

OUinFLA
9/17/2011, 10:19 PM
I gotta disagree with this thread title.
good win for us, but not as easy as I thought it would be.

Soonerus
9/17/2011, 10:27 PM
U sux....

ouflak
9/17/2011, 10:29 PM
I certainly hope they are not overrated. In fact I hope they are every bit as good as the #5 ranking and play like it the rest of the season!

That said, I think we have a pretty good offense. And their defense played against it awfully well.

Soonermagik
9/17/2011, 10:30 PM
These guys were damn good. That defense is nasty!!!

Wishboned
9/17/2011, 10:30 PM
I'm thinking they're not the same team we saw in Norman last year.

Okie35
9/17/2011, 10:31 PM
I'm thinking they're not the same team we saw in Norman last year.

If we were home we would've beat the hell out of them again honestly. Clearly the crowd noise got to the offense after a while. If Ponder was still there I would've actually been nervous coming into the game. Manuel can't hold a candle to Ponder.

AlboSooner
9/17/2011, 10:35 PM
not a bit overrated. very deserving of their ranking

SoonerMagicinGA
9/17/2011, 10:37 PM
Hats off to them. They played a heck of a game in the face of a lot of injuries they "gamed" their way through it. Mark Stoops had their defense really ready to play.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/17/2011, 10:38 PM
If we were home we would've beat the hell out of them again honestly. Clearly the crowd noise got to the offense after a while. If Ponder was still there I would've actually been nervous coming into the game. Manuel can't hold a candle to Ponder.

This ^

No place like Norman for the Sooners. Last year's Noles were better than this team in many areas...while this year's Noles were stronger on D...but the crowd made all the difference...In Norman we win by 21

Bccajun
9/17/2011, 10:44 PM
Did anyone notice how the defense looked like Mike's defense. I say that side of the ball is a lot better. EJ might be a stud in some eyes but Trickett came in a was much better at moving the offense for FSU.

SoonerMarkVA
9/17/2011, 10:48 PM
FSU's defense is very good. Their offense needs some improvement though to be a top 5 team. But that front 7 whupped our O-line for the 2nd, 3rd, and a good chunk of the 4th quarters. I was sure we were looking at an OT loss until we pulled that last touchdown out of thin air.

Wishboned
9/17/2011, 11:08 PM
After that first drive I thought we were going to have our way with them. But they made some good adjustments.

That was a quality win over a quality team. I know the Seminole fans have to be disappointed, but they have no reason to hang their heads.

9/18/2011, 02:46 AM
As best I can tell, the officiating has been pretty good in our first 2 games. CONGRATS, REFS! Keep it up.

Okie35
9/18/2011, 03:35 AM
Did anyone notice how the defense looked like Mike's defense. I say that side of the ball is a lot better. EJ might be a stud in some eyes but Trickett came in a was much better at moving the offense for FSU.

We didn't gameplan for Trickett. Also I don't think we sent too much pressure after him until he started completing passing. Brent gave him the benefit of the doubt.

9/19/2011, 02:23 AM
As best I can tell, the officiating has been pretty good in our first 2 games. CONGRATS, REFS! Keep it up.Yeah, I've changed my mind. I remember several times the Crims' D jumped early but wasn't called, and the pass interferance call on us that was BS, and of course, the head-butting call on the guy Harris and Wort hit just before the goal line. Should have been a simple incompletion, or a catch and fumble, with OU recovering for a touchback.

soonerfromgeorgia
9/19/2011, 08:16 AM
Trickett didn't have time to think about what was happening the first couple of series. But after that he was a little nervious and didn't play nearly as well. OU also had a chance to make a few adjustments also bringing more pressure.

Dan Thompson
9/19/2011, 08:21 AM
I was surprised to learn that their QB is their leading rusher.

NOVSooner
9/19/2011, 08:38 AM
ok I promise i'm not sporting the crimson color shades nor do I think FSU is overrated but if we punch the ball in those 2 times we have the ball on basically the 2 or 3 yard line and if Harris takes the correct angle on FSU's TD pass (which he should've broken up), the score final is 28-6 or 31-6. I know i know, if if if, and the fsu D stepped up when we got on the goaline but we should have won by much more. all in all though, i'm glad we made it out of there with a W and hope we can keep this focus and intensity throughout the season!