PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night in Tallahassee

OU69BeaufortCounty
9/16/2011, 08:05 PM
Everything has gone great so far. Easy drive across S. Georgia this morning. Spent a couple of hours checking out the town. Bigger than I thought and much hillier.

Hotel had both red and white and garnet and gold balloon decor and a free beer/wine/munchies reception for all this evening. Turns out they have set up a $10 hotel-stadium shuttle for Saturday....wish I had known about it before I made other, and more expensive plans.....but they said it didn't come together until two days ago.

Everyone has been most welcoming. Several FSU folks have come up and shook my hand and said how well they were treated in Norman last year. Mixed crowd at the restaurant and everyone very respectful and good natured.

Will try and take in the Titanic Artifact Exhibit at the Mary Brogan Museum tomorrow morning while killing time until the game.

Fans on both sides nervous about the game and I have seen no one shooting off their mouth.

CBUS_SOONER
9/16/2011, 08:20 PM
Root em on to a victory.

Sooner24
9/16/2011, 09:04 PM
Everything has gone great so far. Easy drive across S. Georgia this morning. Spent a couple of hours checking out the town. Bigger than I thought and much hillier.

Hotel had both red and white and garnet and gold balloon decor and a free beer/wine/munchies reception for all this evening. Turns out they have set up a $10 hotel-stadium sh
uttle for Saturday....wish I had known about it before I made other, and more expensive plans.....but they said it didn't come together until two days ago.

Everyone has been most welcoming. Several FSU folks have come up and shook my hand and said how well they were treated in Norman last year. Mixed crowd at the restaurant and everyone very respectful and good natured.

Will try and take in the Titanic Artifact Exhibit at the Mary Brogan Museum tomorrow morning while killing time until the game.

Fans on both sides nervous about the game and I have seen no one shooting off their mouth.

Where are you staying? I would be interested in the shuttle.

jumperstop
9/16/2011, 09:10 PM
I saw Toby Roland at the restaurant I believe.

Sooner24
9/16/2011, 09:19 PM
Ate dinner at Shula's 347 Grill.

Awesome!

OU69BeaufortCounty
9/17/2011, 06:58 AM
They have a sign up sheet at the desk at the Wingate by Wydham. Our friends at the Fairfield Inn said they have the same thing. There was a 3:30 Tailgate version and a 6:30 (as I remember it) game version.

Food Glorious Food, corner of Bradford and Thomasville Road, hard to find, strange looking from the outside, was a great place to eat on Friday night. Check them out of TripAdvisor. Worth the visit. Potato/leek/crab soup is fantastic. They are also a super bakery, so desserts are a must.

Soonermagik
9/17/2011, 02:58 PM
I think both sides have reasons to be nervous. OU hasn't dominated on the road against a top 5 team in forever. FSU got smoked last year in Norman and are still worried about Jones, Stills, Broyles etc..

Glad to hear their fans haven't been total jerks. I went to last years game and met several cool FSU fans.