PDA

View Full Version : Another great article!!!

CBUS_SOONER
9/16/2011, 07:37 PM
This is what I have argued to idiots in this part of the country for years...

Stoops won't get credit he deserves if Sooners beat Seminoles

1. Big Game Bob
We’ve come to this point again, the place where fun catchphrases and soundbites dictate the discussion. That’s Bob Stoops, everyone, caught in the backwash of our What’s Next World. Like it or not, one day he became Big Game Bob. Now he isn’t—depending, of course, on which sound bite you’re looking for. “You guys make up all kinds of things,” Stoops said earlier this week, while the cameras and tape recorders were humming along. “Ever hear me call myself that?”

At this point, it doesn’t matter. Because once he became Big Game Bob, every big game he coached in became a referendum in someone else’s head. And that brings us to top-ranked Oklahoma’s game against No.5 Florida State in Tallahassee. It’s another huge matchup, and now Stoops has to hear that he hasn’t been so big of late. There were the Fiesta Bowl losses to Boise State and West Virginia. And the BCS National Championship Game loss to Florida.

No one, though, remembers those seven Big 12 championships in 11 years in Norman—championships in a conference that has been second only to the SEC. No one remembers that OU played No. 1 Missouri in 2007 in the Big 12 championship game—and won by three touchdowns. The What’s Next World sees the Statue of Liberty loss to Boise State and the close BCS NC game losses to LSU (2003) and Florida (2008)—games the Sooners could have won—and declare their Big Game Bob tag doesn’t fit anymore.

Stoops gets another big one this weekend, maybe the biggest ever in Tallahassee if you believe all those people who’ve apparently forgotten all of those Florida and Miami games of the past. So when OU goes into Tallahassee and imposes its will on Florida State; when the Sooners roll and look unstoppable on both sides of the ball, the discussion won’t be Big Game Bob. It will be Florida State isn’t ready yet. And that’s OK, because Stoops has more important things to worry about. Like playing for another national championship.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-09-16/bob-stoops-oklahoma-notre-dame-texas-longhorns-sec-acc-expansion#ixzz1YAKQiFXo

BoulderSooner79
9/16/2011, 07:56 PM
Check out Bob's contract. He does get a little credit.

CBUS_SOONER
9/16/2011, 07:58 PM
Check out Bob's contract. He does get a little credit.
tru

sooneredaco
9/16/2011, 09:08 PM
If he's not any good in "Big Games" imagine how much other coaches suck

LASooner
9/16/2011, 09:25 PM
the close BCS NC game losses to LSU (2003) and Florida (2008)

OMG someone actually noticed that we didn't get blown out in those games.

Lott's Bandana
9/16/2011, 09:48 PM
Gawd, I used to love when my Sporting News came in the mail on Friday.

Never been the same since they shrunk it.

Looks like they have a writer though...good stuff.

BlownGP
9/16/2011, 10:06 PM
So when OU goes into Tallahassee and imposes its will on Florida State; when the Sooners roll and look unstoppable on both sides of the ball, the discussion won’t be Big Game Bob. It will be Florida State isn’t ready yet. And that’s OK, because Stoops has more important things to worry about. Like playing for another national championship.

wow,, SO TURE!!!!!!...No one ever wants to give OU credit for anything...