PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying media soundbites this week for OU-fsu

The Maestro
9/16/2011, 01:38 PM
We should make a list of these paralysis by analysis. My favorite?

"THIS IS A DIFFERENT FLORIDA STATE TEAM THIS YEAR."

Really? But I guess this is just the same measley OU team, right? We don't have more experience, four wins away from home to end the year, more continuity, and all that good stuff.

It's like FSU has gotten better but OU just stayed stagnant.

ANNOYING!!!

badger
9/16/2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah... they don't have their first-round-drafted quarterback anymore :D

primetime43
9/16/2011, 01:48 PM
Gary Danielson on the Dan Patrick show yesterday said "I have a feeling Florida State is going to find way to win this game". Of course he mentioned how Oklahoma isn't a very good road team. Just like Stoops said the other day that he would put our road record against anyone else in the country. These analyst act like we've never won a road game. I guess it would help if Danielson would do a little bit of research but that would require him to look outside his SEC colored glasses. That is all.

MamaMia
9/16/2011, 01:56 PM
The Lou Holtz FSU pep talk was sickening.

Soonerjeepman
9/16/2011, 02:09 PM
it's all hype to watch the game...

I'm curious how many games gary danielson has won playing high D1 football ....either as a player or coach...

with that being said...I claim to not know much..but cheer my Sooners on...

BermudaSooner
9/16/2011, 02:10 PM

How do you understand the man? I keep waiting for the spit that forms on his lips to fly off in an end over end loogey slo-mo.

badger
9/16/2011, 02:12 PM

NP liked it because the team the Lou Holtz pep talks always loses :D

The broadcast quality was poor, because it was clear he was not wearing a microphone himself, but rather, they used either a ground mic or a mic away from him to capture the more echoish atmosphere of an empty locker room, I guess? Anyway, all that accomplished was distorted sound and not understandable Lou Holtz, because he was practically yelling the entire time... and that does not lend well to understanding someone that talks with a strong bit of lisp.

Penguin
9/16/2011, 02:13 PM
We're doomed. Personally, I think it would be less embarrassing if we just forfeit the game now rather than experience what FSU is going to do to our Sooners tomorrow night.

Boomer!!
9/16/2011, 02:15 PM
When they had all the big 12 players say something about Ryan Broyles it showed Markelle Martin and under him it said Oklahoma then the next time I seen it they fixed it I don't know if anyone else caught it

hornswaggled
9/16/2011, 05:05 PM
Lou Holth saying E J Manual is the better quarterback. I thought he said the best quarterback, but that would be annoyingly bad grammer.

cvsooner
9/16/2011, 06:38 PM
it's all hype to watch the game...

I'm curious how many games gary danielson has won playing high D1 football ....either as a player or coach...

with that being said...I claim to not know much..but cheer my Sooners on...

Danielson was a very good QB at Purdue in the '70s. From Purdue's website:

"In 1971, Danielson led the Big Ten in passing offense with 1,467 yards and was the architect of six of the conference's 11 longest plays of the season. Danielson's arm was more than a cannon, however, as he set the Big Ten record for passing accuracy that year at 61.7 percent in conference games.
"Then, running the option against Washington during his senior year, Danielson seized the chance to use his legs, rushing for 213 yards.
"In 11 NFL seasons with the Detroit Lions and Cleveland Browns, Danielson passed for 13,764 yards and 81 touchdowns. He moved from the football playing field to broadcast booth in what appeared to be an easy transition and has excelled in his second career as a college football analyst...."

hawaii 5-0
9/16/2011, 06:52 PM
Anything Granny Holth says is annoying.

5-0

ouwasp
9/16/2011, 07:23 PM
We're doomed. Personally, I think it would be less embarrassing if we just forfeit the game now rather than experience what FSU is going to do to our Sooners tomorrow night.

Cbus, is that you?

ictsooner7
9/16/2011, 08:07 PM
This whole line about how FSU D really came together AFTER the OU game and how they are now learning the system. Never giving credit to OU for just kicking the crap out of them with a far superior team. I am personally sick of it

Crimsontothecore
9/16/2011, 10:46 PM
Skip Bayless on 1st and ten today said he doesn't like Stoops coaching. He went on to call coach Stoops Big Game Boob! How classless.

hornswaggled
9/17/2011, 12:53 AM
I remember Ball-less writing for the Dallas Mourning News. He is an Oklahoma hater. Nearly everything he says or writes is annoying, unless he is making excuses for the Whorns. Then it's tedious.

Okie35
9/17/2011, 05:01 AM
I've heard that line throughout the week but ppl that have been picking us have said "but OU has gotten much better as well". A lot of analysts have said we'll win and it won't even be close. :cower:

Rogue
9/17/2011, 09:48 AM
I'm most annoyed with the myth that we don't win on the road. Give me a freakin' break with that already!

I've never understood all the Holtz haters...I really like that old coot. Is it b/c he was @ Notre Dame?